Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Few questions about Aion Private servers

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey, im new here but not new to the private server scene.

Many moons ago I used to run a pretty successfull WoW server so I have the general gist of how these things work, which leads me into my questions mainly about the server side of things not so much the website side for stats, logins and such.

Im assuming you can change basic things like drop rates, mob health pools, vendor prices ect ect but:

- How stable is the latest sources? (AionGermany for instance)
- How complete are they?
- How many connections can they handle at once?
- Can you run multiple servers connected to one client if needed? (add more realms to be precise which would run of their own server)

- What is the most stable source around?
- What version of the game is it running?
- How does it handle multiple connections?
- Can you (as stated above) run multiple servers to one client? (again add more realms)

- What server specs are we looking at to be able to handle a decent size community? (If its at all possible)

- Is the in-game "cash shop" running and working?
- Can you add and remove items from in there?

- What type of customization can be added to the game?
- Can you add custom teleports?
- Can you make your own arenas as such?
- Can you make your own custom instances? (copy instance data and modify the contents basically but still be made accessible as a party)

I'am only asking these questions because im assuming like you guys your are now fed up of the state the game is in, well not even the state the game would still be a great game if it did have such a restrictions on what you can do before the pay wall hits. Anyway I'am only asking because if i invest time into this id like to make an attempt into shaping the game back into something we can all be proud of.

Thank you for reading my post and look forward to the feedback :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
old post, but I will try be as precise as possible.

Aion Emulation is dead. AKA you will not find a perfect source to run a proper server. Most dev teams are closed source and charge $$(in the thousands) for their work.

Most people in the Emulation community of Aion leech so much and never give anything back. It's not something you should venture into to be honest if you want it to be "successful". These emulators are only good for GM servers where you can spawn whatever you want into it so you skip the quests and bugs.

If you really want something to work well, you will need to find some people who can help build it from the ground up. Take notaion.com for an example, harbfro has a full team behind the curtains sniffing packets in the korean version of the game and implementing them on top of a base they started with(I'm sure he paid a lot of money to the developers).

Most of the stuff you want to do in the emulator is possible, yes.

Hopefully this helps you with your questions.

Source: Software Engineer and developer of my own emulator, been a part of the emulation community for many years.

Upvote 0
Back