Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

would it work? if I migrating java to c++

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello guys!

I'm currently preparing for create Aion server. because, I really want to expand my knowledge that how Network, TCP/IP Socket and Server are works.

I have experienced C++ and mainly use Python. but I have zero experience with Java and game programming, which is good oppertunity to me studying I guess.

Please! Could you guys help me out? (question in Title)
Sorry about my terrible English have a nice day

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Java has created the aion server from 2008 to 11 years ago. Many places are improving and updating. You can refer to many servers to enrich yourself. Of course, if you want, you can find someone to develop with

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Java has created the aion server from 2008 to 11 years ago. Many places are improving and updating. You can refer to many servers to enrich yourself. Of course, if you want, you can find someone to develop with

It's nice to know it works. If I decide to migrate, at least I'm gonna try by myself first! Anyway, Thank you for your advice.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah, you can do that. I have my server running in Python 3.8. The hard part with python is the C type conversions for blowfish, rsa etc.. Just matching everything. It's not really worth re-building unless you want to learn how it all works :) Java is pretty solid for server emulation anyway, there is no reason to change it apart from building your own server in another language.

I'm always looking for individuals to work with, if you are interested ;)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah, you can do that. I have my server running in Python 3.8. The hard part with python is the C type conversions for blowfish, rsa etc.. Just matching everything. It's not really worth re-building unless you want to learn how it all works :) Java is pretty solid for server emulation anyway, there is no reason to change it apart from building your own server in another language.

I'm always looking for individuals to work with, if you are interested ;)
Do you have an Aion server written in python?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
@Anyone looking to do this:

I've looked at this possibility a couple of times. Mechanically porting the Aion java source to another c-like language is not too hard in and of itself. There are some hurdles, but a competent coder can get around them.

What is hard is to port the dozen or so 3rd party jars the java emulator uses to get anything at all done. Particularly those that don't come with source code. While all of them are open source, you need to get a really good idea of what those APIs are doing for you.

As well you need to consider that a lot of functionality is run-time dynamically compiled from source in the static data and DAO folder structure. Not all languages support that so you will need to come up with a new scripting system to make that happen.

In short to go to c++ you will be in for a bumpy ride.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Have c# server files with poop SQL db. Need to rework, and usable.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do you have an Aion server written in python?
Yes, my own updated server on latest patch. its closed though, not for sale.

Anyone looking to do this: I've looked at this possibility a couple of times. Mechanically porting the Aion java source to another c-like language is not too hard in and of itself. There are some hurdles, but a competent coder can get around them. What is hard is to port the dozen or so 3rd party jars the java emulator uses to get anything at all done. Particularly those that don't come with source code. While all of them are open source, you need to get a really good idea of what those APIs are doing for you. As well you need to consider that a lot of functionality is run-time dynamically compiled from source in the static data and DAO folder structure. Not all languages support that so you will need to come up with a new scripting system to make that happen. In short to go to c++ you will be in for a bumpy ride.
As someone who has converted to python, a lot of what I need isn't there or not available to directly use. for eg.. lot of the crypto engine had to be written to support specifically the blowfish and RSA modulus in the authentication portion. It's not an easy task and even a competant coder it can be a big job. I would disagree its easy to port over, dao is already implemented.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes, my own updated server on latest patch. its closed though, not for sale.

As someone who has converted to python, a lot of what I need isn't there or not available to directly use. for eg.. lot of the crypto engine had to be written to support specifically the blowfish and RSA modulus in the authentication portion. It's not an easy task and even a competant coder it can be a big job. I would disagree its easy to port over, dao is already implemented.
Can you show me how and what was done? In screenshots or videos. It is very interesting to implement in Python, since I am a python developer.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can you show me how and what was done? In screenshots or videos. It is very interesting to implement in Python, since I am a python developer.

I don't release my work. its a private emu running current patch and old item lists(need to update). feel free to ask questions if you like :) or pm for discord, I am online now.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't release my work. its a private emu running current patch and old item lists(need to update). feel free to ask questions if you like :) or pm for discord, I am online now.
Yes, it's just interesting to see the Python implementation, tests, whether the emulator is stable, and so on)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes, it's just interesting to see the Python implementation, tests, whether the emulator is stable, and so on)

It's fast for what it is :), i make it to release at some point so people in python can easily understand how server communicates to client, what packets sent and receive etc... some functions I have running in C that are taking load off the python. its stable for me and my friends playing on it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's fast for what it is :), i make it to release at some point so people in python can easily understand how server communicates to client, what packets sent and receive etc... some functions I have running in C that are taking load off the python. its stable for me and my friends playing on it.
Do you need help?

Back