Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

SOURCE CODE d3d8thk.dll

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
SOURCE CODE d3d8thk.dll

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi, can you host it on something else? It seems rghost.ru is not working since few days.

Thanks in advance.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Here are mirrors if you have any problem with rghost.ru:

It's the same files but I didn't check what is inside. All credits go to vasyater2/authors.

Blender Fan|Kinenbi Owner
Reaction score
The first one are the source files for a trojan horse to spy out game accounts from the MMORPG Dragons Nest - not usefull for Aion

the second one looks intresting - but got no time now - will check on this tomorrow. Need go to bed now - tomorrow I need go to work again ^^

Master Summoner
Reaction score
what use dll?

me download and all file lol

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
this is what i need. Thnx. I'll try to play with this source code these evening.. Wish me luck. :D

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
where to edit the ip of the dll in the files? or do I need to insert a domain-name and where do i have to insert this?

thanks in advance

Reaction score
The first one are the source files for a trojan horse to spy out game accounts from the MMORPG Dragons Nest - not usefull for Aion

the second one looks intresting - but got no time now - will check on this tomorrow. Need go to bed now - tomorrow I need go to work again ^^

so what happends with yours look to 2nd file, is it's usable for compiling NoIP or it's fake?

Master Summoner
Reaction score
and this is one that I wrote to you at your own IP?
Why did not anyone can do it with the same solution, the open version?
not everyone is rich to buy :(

Anyway, this is it, if you buy a fixed ip dll
and served as atonal chance you are having trouble
and give new fixed IP address
again you have to take the dll

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The best for the open source community would be to find a way to unrestrict it so that you don't need a specific ip anymore like fyyre did for 1.0 to 3.9.
If that's not possible maybe a tool to edit or just rebuild the dll would be nice but it means you must have the sources.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
had long been open to the dll
But it seems that many people who instead segytenének, this parasitic
And the joke is that, despite the fixed IP address
failure of the service change at any time
dll and you can always buy a new one?
Would not it be easier for you in all you do?
helping others? and give a solution?
I'm not going to buy dll, because I'm Hungarian
and in 1700 the euro minimal action
but only 70-100 converted to euro
I might be meaningless to run across an open forum emu
because you could get cash for any help

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Okay, I have started taking a look at this mysterious d3d8thk.dll. pwet99 was kind enough to send me a package of a whole bunch of them. I also looked at the source code linked at the top of this thread.

First thing I did was ran network monitor on it. Interestingly enough, the version of d3d8thk.dll that is included with the AL 4.0 1 click start v2.1 package is talking with some IP over in Mountain View, California. The IPs it's talking with are in the 74.125.225.xxx range. (74.125.225.115, 74.125.225.78 are some of the ones I've seen). oscp.verisgn.net also came up.

I can say that this is completely unnecessary traffic, and quite suspicious, because I unplugged my network cable and tried running the client and it worked fine. As to what exactly that dll is doing to fix the 'No game server is available to the authorization server. (6)', I haven't been able to figure out yet.

However, the text of that error made me think of something that I had to do to get my L2 server up and running. There was a batch file in the loginserver for L2 that you had to run to register a game server. It displayed a list of all possible game servers, you chose an ID and it would generate a hexid.txt file that had a big Hex number in it to identify which game server the login server was connected to. That text file was then copied in to the config folder for the game server.

This seems like the same problem, and having setup both L2 and Aion now, the servers are very similar. I don't know how they got the hex list for each server in L2 or how they load it with the server. I will need to do some more digging.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
oscp? Is the dll using some sort of certificate verification? Sounds weird.

As far as I remember the dll coming with the 1 click AL 4.0 repack is the "localhost dll". Also I said something which is wrong, the localhost dll and notaion dll aren't the same but they have both been packed the same way.

Those dlls have a lot of stuff in it and I doubt it's all useful and safe for a no ip. Do you also get the same traffic with the unpacked ones?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
oscp? Is the dll using some sort of certificate verification? Sounds weird.

I've tried it a number of times now and I only saw the oscp.verisign.net once. I will probably try it again, going further than the race selection screen as that may trigger it.

As far as I remember the dll coming with the 1 click AL 4.0 repack is the "localhost dll". Also I said something which is wrong, the localhost dll and notaion dll aren't the same but they have both been packed the same way.

Those dlls have a lot of stuff in it and I doubt it's all useful and safe for a no ip. Do you also get the same traffic with the unpacked ones?

I tried all of the unpacked ones you gave me (120k)

aionsea
conquestaion
eternalaion
evolutionfr
gamezaion
justaion
unforgotten

None of those ones had any network traffic, but none of them worked either. All of them generated the 'No game server is available to the authorization server. (6)' error. The net traffic on the 'localhost' version only begins after you get to the race selection screen. (In my case, I haven't created any characters yet, so that's where I end up after server selection.)

I haven't tried the other ones yet.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Well, they are not supposed to work since they are ip bind to the corresponding server so you will get "No game server is available to the authorization server. (6)" if you are trying to connect to an address different than the one supported by the dll.

Actually if you try to diff some 120k dlls you will see there is often only 14 bytes changing and you can see in IDA those are used in a part that takes those bytes and a static number which must be the length of that data.
I don't know much what's happening from here but it seems that function is trying to decrypt the data and that data is then passed to getaddrinfo.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Everything what is needed to get around that check is already posted here.

@OldTimeDev you are right there is a list of "valid" ip's that get checked by game.dll. those IP's are from the official servers.

@pwet99 Your guess with the just some changing bytes + getaddrinfo are also right

On a sidenote if you know the place where those bytes are + how they are generated then we could use a HEX Editor to change them to anything.

Back