Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

SOURCE CODE d3d8thk.dll

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I know where they are, the hard part is the generating thing.
But if I can figure out how it works and change the bind it will only be a temporary solution since a tutorial would be necessary and not convenient for most peoples.
I don't know yet if we can do like fyyre did for the older versions and unrestrict it so there is no block anymore or fake it.

Thanks for the guideline though.

Master Summoner
Reaction score

I picked a few more from the program if you manage to figure dll operation
where you can edit or rewrite ip etc.
The problem is that I'm looking for any way, or encoded to the area or who knows
but even so I can not figure out to find the origin, and where lies the part where I need to enter ip
dll which must be connected to an ip
I ran and requests, but has been accompanying the ceiling scratching
me looking the visual studio microsoft and use Dev c++ program, not searching the ip data

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Does anyone have any contacts with the devs/admins over at any of the existing free servers, especially the ones using the unpacked versions of the dll? They had to have had their dll made for them somehow, so they either know how to hex edit it, or have the full source and can recompile it.

As per qwertzpaul and pwet99, if those 14 bytes that are different between any two of the unpacked dlls are in fact the sa_data member of a sockaddr, it certainly has been mangled and/or encrypted and figuring out how to undo that poses quite the challenge. Has anyone managed to unpack the localhost one so we could do a comparison?

Master Summoner
Reaction score
not if you've been and where we need to be rewritten, have been described here, as we seek filmed

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Does anyone have any contacts with the devs/admins over at any of the existing free servers, especially the ones using the unpacked versions of the dll? They had to have had their dll made for them somehow, so they either know how to hex edit it, or have the full source and can recompile it.

As per qwertzpaul and pwet99, if those 14 bytes that are different between any two of the unpacked dlls are in fact the sa_data member of a sockaddr, it certainly has been mangled and/or encrypted and figuring out how to undo that poses quite the challenge. Has anyone managed to unpack the localhost one so we could do a comparison?

I don't know any of them but I guess most did buy their dll. I heard notaion worked on their own so it can also support x64 but I doubt they will give any informations.

I confirm those 14 bytes are a part of the sa_data and reversing the way it's been encrypted or whatever has been the main problem since few weeks, though it's only a solution if you want to bind another address to the dll which is not really "open source friendly" unless someone makes a tool for it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I confirm those 14 bytes are a part of the sa_data and reversing the way it's been encrypted or whatever has been the main problem since few weeks, though it's only a solution if you want to bind another address to the dll which is not really "open source friendly" unless someone makes a tool for it.

If we know how to set them correctly, making a tool is easy.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
I'm getting tired XDDDDDDD
have been trying to decrypt / encrypt the dll file
I looked Visual C + +
compressed / decompress program
So my hair is that you can burn to decrypt an encrypted dll as
and in order to get somewhere, it should default to a normal original source dll

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I wish I knew people who could make the DLL other than , or . Hopefully someone will help us.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I heard that Windows XP can run Aion 4.0 using battleping + old no-ip dll from fyyre..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, I never had to use a dll to connect in 32 and 64 bits on my local network. (aka my pc or another one on my local)
I guess the privates ranges are allowed by default.

Edit:

First thing I did was ran network monitor on it. Interestingly enough, the version of d3d8thk.dll that is included with the AL 4.0 1 click start v2.1 package is talking with some IP over in Mountain View, California. The IPs it's talking with are in the 74.125.225.xxx range. (74.125.225.115, 74.125.225.78 are some of the ones I've seen). oscp.verisgn.net also came up.

I have been tracing dlls calls and network traffic and if you use any of the dll you will see there is three bytes sent 3 times in a row which are always:
Code:
21 41 00                                         !A.
Sent 3 times when you are connecting to loginserver (2106) just before it's opening a connection on it and sent 3 times again, same data just before you open the connection to a gameserver (7777).

Also, your weird ip range is coming from awesomium.dll which is crypting html requests and sending it to those 74.125.255.x ip range.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Also, your weird ip range is coming from awesomium.dll which is crypting html requests and sending it to those 74.125.255.x ip range.

I discovered that Awesomium is used to host web UI interfaces in games. There was a discussion about it over on the DDO forums, which led to a big rant over at Awesomium:

What tool are you using to trace dll calls?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's a very interesting tool. I'm getting some weird behaviour though.

If I launch the client using the "Create Process" option under Capture, I get an error as soon as I login saying it can't connect to the authorization server. Interestingly though, there is a connection attempt to 70.4.0.2 at port 2106. There is also a getaddrinfo call in d3d8thk.dll using 127.0.0.1 (I am using the localhost version of that).

If I run the client using the regular aion_start_local.bat file and then attach to the process it all runs fine and I can login.

Have you managed to get it to capture using Create Process, or only by attaching to it?

Master Summoner
Reaction score
using hamachi program that you can connect between 2 cities LAN / WAN ? :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I did think of it but didn't make any test since I don't like hamachi and it would only be a temporary solution anyway. I heard on some forums that it's not working though, can't confirm.

Back