Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

U3J-Aion + AL reload emu updated 4.7

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have to say that I completely agree with the credits!
Removing credits is one of the reason that the true developers stopped with opensourcing the code.
A lot of people are just forking the code and adding things, editing things and releasing it in their own name.
And that's a shame. please respect the credits of the former people who made the actual aion emu even possible!

I don't have a lot of free time (especially since I've got a daughter on the way), but I try to contribute to aion ger emu.
Even for me it's like +/- 6-7 years ago since I wrote a line of java code, I do my best to cleaup and look for bugs in the actual code (not adding content).
And then I see people who are deleting method's from classes because some bosses don't drop particular items anymore. (actually breaking code).
The problem is that they have good intentions and they are adding a lot of new content in the xml's. So I can't realy be mad, because they try to help.
But it seems that there is no real interest of real developers anymore to contribute and help to the code :(

To be honest, I don't have a lot of time to play aion anymore (I know the 2.7 content and I know the new classes but that's it), but I've ordered "head's first design patters", "effective java" and "java concurrency in practice" again to refresh my knowledge.
I hope and wish that some experienced java developers join in again to continue what some have started some years ago. Unfortunately, I've studied for developing but I work for like 8 years as a sysadmin so ...

Let's stop all the argueing and form a fresh new team with some experienced java dev's (who play aion) and people who are pc savy and want to sniff and add new content.

edit:

And by the way, why not joing forces and contribute all to 1 project? Would be a lot more efficient.
But as falke said, and I agree with him. At a certain time you need to freeze the version for development and not add newer content but fix old bugs, make everything work at a certain version and add the content of the version instead of adding the newest content and leaving old content that isn't correct anymore and old bugs in ...

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Joining forces?
Because there is no real java developer anymore who want to contribute with his work for free and some they would be agree are angry of so many wanabe java coder which delete all existent credits and make their "own" core. That means edit a few files and change from Aion Lightning to XXXxxxXXX Core.
And many of them, as you can see, are learn resistant just rip a source and host it for free.

Like tuning a Ford and stick a new Bugatti Emblem :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have to say that I completely agree with the credits!
Removing credits is one of the reason that the true developers stopped with opensourcing the code.
A lot of people are just forking the code and adding things, editing things and releasing it in their own name.
And that's a shame. please respect the credits of the former people who made the actual aion emu even possible!

I don't have a lot of free time (especially since I've got a daughter on the way), but I try to contribute to aion ger emu.
Even for me it's like +/- 6-7 years ago since I wrote a line of java code, I do my best to cleaup and look for bugs in the actual code (not adding content).
And then I see people who are deleting method's from classes because some bosses don't drop particular items anymore. (actually breaking code).
The problem is that they have good intentions and they are adding a lot of new content in the xml's. So I can't realy be mad, because they try to help.
But it seems that there is no real interest of real developers anymore to contribute and help to the code :(

To be honest, I don't have a lot of time to play aion anymore (I know the 2.7 content and I know the new classes but that's it), but I've ordered "head's first design patters", "effective java" and "java concurrency in practice" again to refresh my knowledge.
I hope and wish that some experienced java developers join in again to continue what some have started some years ago. Unfortunately, I've studied for developing but I work for like 8 years as a sysadmin so ...

Let's stop all the argueing and form a fresh new team with some experienced java dev's (who play aion) and people who are pc savy and want to sniff and add new content.

edit:

And by the way, why not joing forces and contribute all to 1 project? Would be a lot more efficient.
But as falke said, and I agree with him. At a certain time you need to freeze the version for development and not add newer content but fix old bugs, make everything work at a certain version and add the content of the version instead of adding the newest content and leaving old content that isn't correct anymore and old bugs in ...

I'm mostly a web dev, but i wouldn't mind helping with some java coding :) the java coding is no problem, it's just sniffing packets which i'm not sure of.
I'm very eager to code for aion servers i just don't know how to breathe new data, opcodes and all that.

I mean, if someone could show me how to do it, i'll work more on it :) but atm i cannot do much as i do not know how to find new data via retail servers to impliment.

and yes, the credit should be intact, sick of seeing a bunch of people taking credit for other peoples work.

If any of you guys want to add me to skype and talk to me about it feel free.

just send me a message and i'll add you :)

Back