Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Aion DNS to IP converter 1.0 - Launcher to access servers with dynamic IP's

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Aion DNS to IP converter 1.0

->

The "Aion DNS to IP converter" is built up using 98% of the resources from "Dwarfpicker's" "Aion Lightning 4.0 - 1-Click Server" because I needed an "self-containing environment" that could run my "PHP-script" on any computer that lack Apache/PHP. I do NOT in any way take credit for anything on "Aion DNS to IP converter" other than my "PHP-script" ^-^;;;

This "build" of "Aion DNS to IP converter" does what it sets out to do (nothing more, or less), but if ANYONE of you can improve it in any way, please do so and post the new version in this post and I'll replace this version with yours.

Tired of MANUALLY tracking a Aion private server's dynamic IP-address and editing the *.bat file that launches the Aion client? Let me present the "Aion DNS to IP converter" that will solve all your issues!

What is Aion DNS to IP converter?
It scan a DNS from a private Aion server (example: aion.sytes.net) and does the following:
1. Converts the DNS to a plain IP-address
2. Makes a file called "Private Aion Server.bat" in the Aion client root with the converted IP-address.

Why do I need it?
It depends... Anyone connecting to a private Aion server with a dynamic IP adress needs to manually update the IP-address inside the bat-file that launches the Aion client quite often. With Aion DNS to IP converter it's fully automated.

How can I make it work for me?
1. Make sure that you unpack the "Aion DNS to IP converter" inside the root of the Aion client folder you play with on private servers. It's very important that you unpack the "Aion DNS to IP converter.7z" directly in the root so it does not make an "extra" folder of itself. If you see:
Aion DNS to IP converter - README.txt
Aion DNS to IP converter.bat
Aion DNS to IP converter [directory]
then you have made a proper unpacking.

2. Next step is that you go into this folder (it's a long walk):
YOUR AION CLIENT DIR\Aion DNS to IP converter\AIONEmulator\www
inside the www folder is a file called "index.php". Open it with Notepad (pref. with Notepad++) and edit the DNS inside ( ) to the DNS of the private server you own or want to connect to (example: aion.sytes.net).

3. Save the file, and now go out to the Aion root dir and run "Aion DNS to IP converter.bat" and it will do lots of "magic" (full explanation under the instructions) and make a "fresh" file called: "Private Aion Server.bat"

4. Whenever you want to connect to the privat server DNS you wrote inside "index.php" you run "Aion DNS to IP converter.bat" and then when its done you run "Private Aion Server.bat" to start the Aion Client. Generally speaking, some dynamic IP-addresses change more often than others, so with some "private servers" you must (more or less) run "Aion DNS to IP converter.bat" before each connect, while other can go for 1-2 days without getting a new IP-address, so better safe than sorry: - always run "Aion DNS to IP converter.bat" before running "Private Aion Server.bat".

How to customize the "index.php":
Open index.php (YOUR AION CLIENT DIR\Aion DNS to IP converter\AIONEmulator\www\index.php) and you will see some parts that build up the actual "bat" file that launches your Aion client. Here you can edit (be careful) settings to "get" your favorite Aion bat-bootup settings (make backup 1st).

Why is Aion DNS to IP converter such a "MESS"...!?
Becouse I made the PHP script for "personal use only", but since I am a Aion forum lurker I could not ignore the need for a utility such as this by many more than me. However, since many people that have a "need" for what Aion DNS to IP converter does does NOT have Apache or PHP installed I had to take drastic actions to solve it somehow, and then I simply "converted" "Dwarfpicker's" "Aion Lightning 4.0 - 1-Click Server" to a sandbox-environment that could run my index.php script. Please read the text at top! I am open for any suggestions/improvments.

The very best regards

Nozomu

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Mediafire say 96 downloads so hopefully it's put to some good use. Initially I had big problems to think out a way to "present it to the masses" due to the fact it needs to have apache/php installed to run, but with Dwarfpicker's" 1-Click Server everything was made possible.

I'll try to trim it even further and change the ports so it wont conflict with "Aion Lightning 4.0 - 1-Click Server" running at the same time, but for now all my free time is put into the porting/expansion of the Aion Lightning 4.0's "gameshop". ::sigh:: it started out with me just porting in every pet, but then I asked my self, why don't I take a look on the RL NC store/Korean store and do something similar... I should not have done that... lol... its so many items... so many... but I am nearly done... I think most of you will be happy with it (yes, it uses several TAB's too, so it is HUGE ^.^

Back