Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Aion Server + Client

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, I am so dissapointed that Aion doesn't post any informations about success rate of enchanting, so I want to make my own server to manually test it. But I can't find any working 5.8 server+client (5.6 or 5.5 could be good too). I would appreciate if someone can link both and give me some advices how to make it work (I saw but clients and servers are always different = I am lost). Thanks for your time!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Falke and Frozenkiller have put together a fine Aion 5.8 server that works with the current EU (Gameforge) Aion Client.

Forums:
<-- go there to understand who they are.

Github:
<-- this is a source repository. You have to do your own compiling with Java 8.

Client:
<-- the latest client (5.8) as of this reply works fine with that server. You will be on your own to find a no-ip workaround for that client if you intend to run this outside of your home lan.

I run the above setup just fine. You do however have to understand how to deploy a working server once it is built. There is no 1-click solution for that. I am looking into an installation and configuration utility for Aion private servers but that is a pretty involved and time consuming task.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for your comment and links. I tried to make all as I saw in the video with your files (installed programs, made changes in emulator and navicat) and after that I clicked on "build_loginserver" + "build_gameserver with YGuard" in emulator folder, both wrote "build successful". After that I tried to avoid gameforge launcher, so I copy paste scrip under this video where I changed ip to 127.0.0.1 I run this bat file and client normally worked, but when I wrote random name, password and clicked OK -> "Cannot connect to the authorization server.".

So my question is, do I make something wrong, or do I missing something? I don't need hamachi or virtualbox, right? So where can be a problem?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Help! I'm getting error when executing gameserver.bat after compiling the repository stated above.

Here is the screenshot of the error i'm getting.
Donald64 - Aion Server + Client - RaGEZONE Forums

Game Server Console - Aion Server + Client - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@ALeKsIuS

Thanks, it worked but I still have some problems, see below.
IU3HVtM - Aion Server + Client - RaGEZONE Forums

I finally got it to work.. thanks

Attachments

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
When I start gameserver (aion-germany-master\AL-Game\build\dist\AL-Game\PanelGS) it writes
"Cant connect to LoginServer: Connection refused: connect". I tried to run build_loginserver (down on the sreen) and StartLoginServer (up on the screen). What is wrong?

Attachments

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wow, thats terribly chaotic :/
I have in PC JDK7 (used for "PATH" + "JAVA_HOME") and JDK8 too. So how can I run that loginserver?

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I built and run all of these '5.8' servers in Java 8. Java 8 dropped the use of Java 7's -splitVerifier option.
To run under Java 8, you need to remove the -splitVerifier and use -noverify instead in your .bat files. You also have to be consistent when you build the servers since both login and game servers use runtime-compiled java database DAO source. Be also mindful what version of javac is in the classpath. The one that gets picked up at runtime has to match the version of java you are running the server with (javac1.8.jar for java 8, javac1.7.jar for java 7, etc.). I have tried rebuilding the commons.jar with java 8 as well but as yet have not managed to get it working properly (honestly I am not overly worried about that). You will get non-fatal version messages from the commons1.3.jar.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thank you for this pack, got it running perfect. the onely thing i got is when i restart the server/game again, i wil start from level 1 again.

thank you for this pack, got it running perfect. the onely thing i got is when i restart the server/game again, i wil start from level 1 again.

Problem found java updated from 1.8.0-101 to 1.8.0-161

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for fast answers. That -noverify command really helped and now I can normally play the game! But some things are still broken. As mentioned @ronrodenberg if you restart server or just log out, you will start already in "Poeta" with lv1 and 3 opened slots, which seems a bit annoying when you have to do Ascension quest again (already using 1.8.0-161). I don't know if chatserver needs to be running, but I can't build it
[javac] warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in conjunction with -source 1.7
[javac] F:\Aion SERVER\aion-germany-master\AL-Chat\src\com\aionemu\chatserver\model\channel\ChatChannels.java:450: error: unmappable character for encoding Cp1250
[javac] addJobChannel(Gender.MALE, PlayerClass.RANGER, "job_R├?┬┤deur");

But the main thing is enchanting system. When I look into (aion-germany-master\AL-Game\src\com\aionemu\gameserver\services\EnchantService.java) I see some unclear values, when is something multiplied/divided by "0f" "1.0f" "3f" 5f" etc. Enchanting success rate is always maxed on 95% (Omega+Greater supps) no matter if its ArchDaeva or not (I think HighDaeva is not set up and Supplements doesn't work) Enchantments stones have a random level values from-to, HightDaeva has maxed 75% succes in this file and QualityCap(Mythic) is 30. This article says a different patterns and values, but Iam pretty sure it is bad too (based on + some personal testing). So is there any possible way to get original NA Aion (or just official/korean/chinese/gameforge) enchanting file or values with patterns? I feel like this is very important game information what's worth and what's not to do, if you don't want to spend a lots a of money or wasted months of gaming time... I really like to do things like that with some games, finding patterns, values and knowledges, which are hidden for casual players and should be known or findable. Iam enjoying this more, than playing, hope you feel with me.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am new and I need help, download the client and the server that is in this site but when I put it I found the errors that I mentioned previously but I did not know how to correct them. I do not know anything about JAVA or programming. I really like the aion the last version I played was 5.1 and I would like to play 5.8 with my friends. Where we live, we do not have the opportunity to connect to the internet, it is very expensive and not everyone has that possibility. I would like you to tell me, if possible, how to solve the connection problem and when the server saves the progress of your character. Greetings to cough in here from Cuba G.

Upvote 0
Back