Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Aion username/login error

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So I have the server up and working. It's suppose to auto create accounts? But it isn't. And idk what to use for the username now. Thanks for any help! :D.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Two approaches to this issue:

1.) Ensure that network.properties in <SERVER>\Login\config\network has the following line:

loginserver.accounts.autocreate = true

If that is set to false, you will need to manually create any accounts. Which brings us to step two

2.) Check the database XXXX_server_ls for the table "account_data"

This will show you all created accounts on your server, as well as a hash of the password (not sure what is used to hash or encode the password. Looks like base64 but it's not. Probably MD5)

Enable the "loginserver.accounts.autocreate" option, or find an already created account and blank the password hash in the database. Either method should get you logged in. Let me know if this works for you.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So apparently i was missing the network.properties. I downloaded aion.core(or w.e. it's called) earlier and just took the file from that and added the line you told me to. testing it now.

oh so, it still says invalid id and password. im not even really sure what the username/password should be lol. How does the 'loginserver.accounts.autocreate = true' work? Am I suppose to be able to just create an account at the login screen? if that's the case, it isn't letting me lol.

Just reread what you wrote, and I haven't created an account yet x.x. and making a new one in account_data isn't working either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
There isn't supposed to be a pre-configured user. The account_data table should be empty. Here is a screenshot of my network.properties for the login server:

Manually creating accounts using SQL might be buggy, as Aion hashes the password and unless you know HOW it hashes the password, it might not read the password correctly. Which might be the problem you're having. You're entering a password for an account in plain text and the game thinks it's a hash and tries to decode it.

With loginserver.accounts.autocreate set to "true", you're supposed to be able to enter any username and password, and the game will check the DB and if the account name doesn't exist, it creates an entry for it using the name and password you used.

Edit: One thing I would suggest (This is my problem with my Aion server) check to see if, in your login folder, you have a "build" folder. If you don't, disregard the next part of my post.

If you do, open it to see if you have a "dist" folder in there, then open the "dist" folder to see if you have a copy of your login server folder in there. In my Aion server, for some reason unbeknown to myself or even the gods, I have two separate configs for everything. Any modifications to game files I want to make, I have to make them twice: One in the normal location, and one nested in the "build\dist" folder If you have this duplicated folder, make sure you make the settings changes inside there as well.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yup that's what my network.properties looks like. I do have a dist folder, i'll change the settings there too and try again.

*Also, I didn't know that about manually creating account. I deleted it, also im using navicat.. if that makes a difference lol.

still says id/pass do not match T.T

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The Giga files suggest Heidi SQL. I've used both Heidi and manual SQL commands. It shouldn't matter. Only real difference is the GUI.

If your server setup is like mine (Two sets of configs) you'll need to go back and make all of the configuration changes you made when you initially set the server up again in the "dist" configs as well. I've tried making changes to only one or the other, and the server NEVER worked until I made changes to both sets of configs. Not sure why, and since I was able to get the server working, never bothered to ask about it.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
well all the guides had navicat x.x. But any other ideas as to why it's still not letting me create my own account? Cuz I can't think of any. Is there a way around it? Like adding in an account someway?

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Are you planning on using this server as a public-facing application, or is it private for your own use?

If it's private, I can log in on mine and create an account, then post the SQL results here and have you add them to your accounts_data table manually.

Did you have a separate set of configs in the dist folder?

Also, is the username you're trying to create all lowercase? I thought I remembered reading somewhere that Aion is picky and requires account names to be all lowercase.

This should get you up and running:

Enter this information into the account_data table using Navicat:

id: 1
name: test
password: W6ph5Mm5Pz8GgiULbPgzG37mj9g= (This is "password" when you try to log in)
activated: 1
access_level: 3 (GM access)

Leave the rest of the columns blank, they should auto populate

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's a private server. and no i just copy and pasted the configs from the dublicate folder outside dist.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I edited my post to include a test account you can enter into the database manually

If all else fails, I know the Gigatroon 4.7.5.18 is working. It's the server I use.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So i tried it, doesn't work. But under 'ae_server_gs' >> 'players'. There's a spot for 'account_name' could 'test' not be working cuz it's an in navicat it's an in-game name and not the account name?

i'd fill it out but idk wt to put for loc/heading/ect x.x

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Any of the changes we are making, need to go into the "ls" database, as that's the db for the login server. The "gs" database is for the actual players on each account. If you added test to the gs database under players, then you would be correct.

In the "ls" database, is the account_data table empty?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No I did everything you told me in the ls database, I just had an idea is all lol. But everything I did was/is under the ls database. Didn't work btw.

Are there any options left? I'd love to exhaust them all before I go and try to create a new private server. D:

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
if by restart the server you mean exit from the game? Yes. i also re-executed the sql files just to be safe. But if you mean something else by restart the server than prob not :/.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
There were batch files you needed to run to start the server. Those batch files look at the configs only once. Which means any changes you make to them, you need to stop the services started by the batches, and restart them. This may be why the changes to the network configs are not working.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay so the batch files didn't really do much.. opened up a black screen for a sec, and then shut down? Lol.. is that bad? X.X

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
What server are you using, also what guide did you follow?

There should have been a way to start the server.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah that's the one I use.

Honestly, though, the issue you had is bothering me. I actually might lose sleep tonight because we weren't able to fix it. I'll get over it I guess lol.

As far as SQL clients, Navicat or Heidi doesn't matter. They do the same thing, they just look different and may have a few features the other doesn't.

Make sure you use this tutorial: http://forum.ragezone.com/f588/aion-core-v4-7-5-a-1073648/

Upvote 0
Back