Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Database problem

cats addicted
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

i hope someone can gimme a kick into the right direction.

My MySQL is setup properly, i can login with Navicat and Phpmyadmin without problems.
Created the databas (al_server_gs) and changed the database.properties of Gameserver, loginserver and Chatserver to the working credentials. Also installed MySQL Connector\J (Version 8 is the only one they let me install).

But when i try to start one of the serverparts (all give the same error!) i get:

Code:
15:59:11.351 ERROR[main]: - Error while creating DB Connection pool
java.sql.SQLException: Unable to open a test connection to the given database. JDBC url = jdbc:mysql://192.168.0.182:3306/al_server_gs?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8, username = root. Terminating connection pool. Original Exception: ------
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: Could not create connection to database server.

Any hints whats going on ?

Versions are:
JDK 7 and JRE 7 both from the revisin 80e pack.

Back