Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

The Current State Of Fiesta Private Servers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Success and nothing less
Reaction score
Hey,

I've noticed this forum has gotten less and less active, when it comes to subjects that really matter, and all there's left is hostility.

I haven't heard any positive feedback judging the current servers. From my understanding, most servers seem to be lacking creativity. There's no groundbreaking developement here on Ragezone. No one showcases their projects and progress anymore. Seems all developement is stagnating.

What's your opinion on the matter? Elaborate please.

Also, please don't turn this into a shitfest. :)

Reaction score
Well fiesta private server. What really is there at the moment. There is three types of servers out there:
1. Money Wanting Hoes
2. Community Built and Developed Private Servers
3. Bored people who just want to do something and don't care about others.

Some servers are a merge of the types but it is easier to outline them as three different types.

The current state of the servers is full of leaching, spoon fed people. It is disgusting how many people just want to be given everything on a plate and do quite literally nothing for themselves. I admit; I am not built to develop Fiesta; I have other skills in my pallet. But I still enjoy playing Fiesta servers, just not the official versions.

I have been around for many years playing Fiesta, from Outspark to Private servers: I really enjoyed the first private servers since they were fresh and new (*New as in quick leveling, free cs items, etc.) - Lets face it all now, this is not here any more; It isn't fresh all it is, is people copying every other server that has/was number 1 in an attempt to get to number 1 themselves and probably get money. It is extremely disgusting that this is there.

On to fiesta development, I would be extremely surprised if any recent server files are going to be released - purely because the ones who have them are either extremely selfish, ego maniacs, money grabbing whores or they just don't care. As Myth has said below: the source code isn't publicly available, if it was public it would be a extremely good chance for good amount of development to be introduced to Fiesta, there are ideas some have which others don't like; so they are resilient to release such a source.

I feel that any updated files that were to be released, as were Dusk/Odin files at the time, would be a brand new step for the Fiesta pserver community, Odin files brang in a little more development step. The files before Dusk/Odin - we were at the exact same position as we are now, little development, no real fun servers out there. It is getting old; maybe it is dying out as a whole but regardless - some people will play Fiesta because its a nice game but just needs development on everything.

Crusader, yes it is poop but we could learn a lot from those files; we could change crusader into any class we want. Maybe creating a spear class? maybe. It would give the community a new project to build on.

As I have previously stated at first it is a community project; see how others do things; learn and develop those ideas.

So yes, thats my opinion on the current state of Fiesta Private Servers and what could be.

Chris/Lunerica.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
It has been this way for a long time now, last real "development" I've seen around here was Zepheus (or however it's spelled), other than that, it's just the standard poop where someone leaks something or someone takes somebodies server files and throws them here.

This is one of the many games where no source code is publicly available, so I doubt you'll ever see any real "development" taking place, plus the game's pretty much the same thing it has always been.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
games dead :glare: its had its good days now the time to put it to rest

Reaction score
Crusader!

Tbh; it would actually reignite the community. While it would have it down turns of needing more updated files, which obviously no one here is willing to release.

Crusader would have potential; maybe if this was released; people would be able to learn how to make a new class, change it to how they see fit.

Success and nothing less
Reaction score
I do agree the state of developement has been like this for some time, at least when it comes to the gameplay. Even the OS files has their limits on creativity(there's a limit to how many times you want to experience the same thing). Fiesta Heroes on the other hand opens up for a lot of oppurtunities. People will need to make due with what they have.

However, I think there's other ways to ingite the spark. With better tools and services, and make it publicly available. So that it can drive the community to improve. Developement doesn't have to be related to gameplay alone.

I think the mindset of most individuals in this section, is the real problem. Instead of encouraging people to learn, they're putting them down, as well as being hostile towards eachother.

I don't know if the game's dead just yet. There has been a rise in population on the retail servers. The game has it's charm, which makes it hard to forget completely. Although I do agree, the retail servers aren't doing much to take Fiesta in the right direction. I'm sure we can all agree the Crusador class didn't live up to it's hype. Perhaps it is becoming an old dog, waiting to be put down.

Concerning the Crusader class. All I'm going to say is that, I think it's just a huge pile of dogshit.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
When talking about mentality, it goes both ways, the reason there's hostility within the section is because 90% of those who want something done, just want it spoon-fed to them. I don't mind helping a person when I see that they generally need help, and don't want/expect a spoon-feed, but I expect them to fill the blanks and get the outcome they want with their own effort, especially if someone did something with nothing, having some sort of guidance (even 1 step) is better than the person who initially developed or fixed the said issue.

The rise is temporarily, just like the time when Tricksters first made their appearance, it'll only last while the interest is there, each person will take a shot at the new class then either continue with the new class or sigh and move on.

Success and nothing less
Reaction score
Yeah, I do agree it goes both ways. However, we as the active members of the community have the ability to turn the tides. Set the bar of expectation, to the people who want to part-take in the community. Instead of saying "Go fck urself plz", we could be more tolerant and push them in the right direction. There will always be people who want everything served with a silver spoon, but I do believe there are people genuinely interested in improving.

The class doesn't matter. Fiesta is a communal game. I mean afterall, it IS an entry-level MMO. Try the class => Meet old friends => Reminisce about the days => Get hook'd. Gamigo is well aware of that, and I think they're also well aware that the class was a pile of poop.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
well after reading all your post, we can clearly see the nostalgia of the old time when you guys were working together to get things to work

i really agree with your arguments about the fact that fiesta section is stagnating and i would even say .. is regressing. People doesn't share knowledge like they use to. As you guys already said and i was trying to explain to someone (who kept telling me that with source code there is no limit and such thing...) the game itself is old, its game-play , it's graphics, etc etc is old , and this is a sort of limit to me ... yeah it can be incremented but it wouldn't be as good as current games and mainly it wouldn't be the "same game" etc etc.

So obviously most talented or at least motivated People(like i was in the past) just lost interest for many others reasons... if you remember i was the first to try to help People as much as possible, the first to try things even with my poor knowledge in general. but i just lost interest, lost hope, lost motivation and mainly lost the want to learn how to Dev for this game. And the problem is that my feeling seems to be the same in the whole fiesta section.

Well maybe a sort of project leaded, supervised by the elite of the section would recreate or at lest re-boost its dynamics. i'm not talking about spoon feeding , i'm talking about a project where People like the team of the Victus or Extrinsic provides help to 'recreate' the Hk files or w.e.. provides help to know what we exactly need to learn , what we need to do .... how things works etc etc. Because i tried in the past and i came to the conclusion that i don't know what to learn, what to do, where to start etc etc. i don't even know if the files publicly released can be fixed at all.
But I 'm not so utopist, a such project would take times and mainly is a kind of wast of time for those person who have no benefit in helping ppl when lot of them will just wait a release without trying to contribute and mainly the money is another obstacle to the work in community.. we're not at wonderland like some may say ^^

as conclusion i think ill follow harry's : "People are just moving on". So..Yes, we've had fun but maybe it's time to do the same and definitively stop fiesta ?

Ps: i aware that this project is an utopia.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Good day RageZoners,

I have been touched by the seriousness of this thread and there hasn't been a single flame or troll. (I'm also being serious here) I'm glad!

Well, I'm tired of having to depend on someone else hard-worked-on files like OnsOnSoft. I have given it lots of thought and I'm willing to make a new game with a group of developers and graphics designers. If it's your code, then you know where everything is lying and you know what the error causes are(most of the time). And working on your game is so much faster and efficient. We have so many examples to take and make the idea come to life. Some of us have had experience with the Fiesta Online servers. We observed, we studied, we understood, we developed, we modified, we created.

If you take the Zepheus emulator, you can take ideas on the Socket connections, the connection with the zones - passing on the arguments to the services, the reading of SHN files, connect and read the database, asynchronously send player and account information using Sockets to the connected Client. Observe, study, understand and put to life.
Another example is the source code of the Client.exe that is the master of the client. It is that and the .dll's included that put the game to life using all the .nif and .shn files.
Now I don't know if it's the legit thing but .
Study that and get ideas, question yourself, search and learn.

Most of you will laugh at me or think I'm a complete Special person. Who says dreaming is bad? If you truly wanna do something, you will do it and succeed. I'm willing to sit on that chair and learn! I might not match Stu's programming knowledge but I'm not useless either and I'm willing to learn. I love programming as much as playing MMO games and I won't back down!
I really want to learn from somebody and I'd appreciate if someone would be willing to teach me.

It would be awesome if you felt the same way like I and respect these words I have written in this post.

Let me hear what you have to say.
Best regards,
Alex.

Reaction score
I don't believe that people don't have ideas and there is always new people wanting to make a server. But the problems are that they aren't able to really be creative and the fact that, the hostility sometimes may push them away. I had a lot of ideas for new features and customs such as mobs but I am just not able to implement such features because I have to work with what I have and try to create things based around features already in the game. Most of the people in the Fiesta community are young and not very experienced with programming languages. The experienced ones who have learnt a programming language are the ones who have been here for the most time and are the ones who have contributed the most.

It's pretty simple to grasp how the files work and editing a few SHN files is quick and easy to figure out. But I believe that people are limited to what they currently have and because these files that everyone uses is limited to what features they currently have then people can't really add new content. Without the tools and the ability to go beyond the features the EXE's currently present us it isn't possible for us or for new people to really do what they may have wanted to try and do.

There are people here who have tools and new files and sources and even if they really did release them only a few amount of people would actually be able to use those properly, even so they haven't released them so it's really not fair to say it's dying due to the fact that there is no creativity because these files are limited to the features they present to us.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
well ; to me,
Have 10 new creatives people wanting to do a server and 5 advanced persons that forgo and/or loose their motivation is like : do 2 step foreward and then do 10 step backwards. i don't know if that even make sens in english , hope you understood o_o

well you're right there is creative new people everyday but that doesn't really help the progression. for instance when i first make appearance i didn't even know what was Sql stored procedure and such things. and what happened is that i started learning things as much as possible and i simply lost interest in fiesta itself,
for instance i started blender'ing but in noway ill produce things for fiesta, that would be wasted time to me , plus project would be to limited.. so yes i agree with you... all those limitation just made me lost interest in this game(dev for it)

finally they have tool because they made them and i respect the fact they want to release or not mainly when you see that some person just use those and claim credits etc etc. we can't and we shouldn't blame advanced Developers for being reticent :eek:

after i'm not saying you're wrong , just telling my own point of view that may diverge but is not totally different and ; to me, we both are right

Ps: i'm talking about me , me feeling and my experience because i don't know what others really think about it(the topic)... It's neither narcissism nor ego-centrism. No telepathic powers out there ! :p

Last edited:
Reaction score
well ; to me,
finally they have tool because they made them and i respect the fact they want to release or not mainly when you see that some person just use those and claim credits etc etc. we can't and we shouldn't blame advanced Developers for being reticent :eek:

I agree with you but since no one else is knowledged enough no one is going to get anywhere really. Maybe release lite version like Myth did? Better than nothing. I've only seen several people actually contribute anything worthwhile to the Fiesta community though and since all the new people have no experience and knowledge they can't create anything. I mean most of the people that come here are 11-17 or something and I doubt most of them have any coding knowledge.

But yeah it's not just the tools.

Dec

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Pirate elves was my idea duck crusader I had a sick gameplay idea for the class too duck.

Btw, remember the days people begged for the dusk files? I do. Shut the duck up new files are nothing for you people.

Some people still don't even understand how the REST system handled authentication Ducking hell.

Success and nothing less
Reaction score
Ruined the mood, Klear. :glare:

Yeah, I remember we had some cool ideas for the game, back when Dusk was using the 2008 files. Remember factions, oh and Windmill?!

While the files do set a limit to people's creativity, there are a lot of ideas that can be put to life with the current ones. Rather than doing the same old thing. However, good content requires time, and most people seem to care about the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back