The Current State Of Fiesta Private Servers?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 67
  1. #16
    əʇılə ɯɐ ı MrFarbodD is offline
    True MemberRank
    Jun 2009 Join Date
    UKLocation
    932Posts

    Re: The Current State Of Fiesta Private Servers?


    RaGEZONE Recommends

    RaGEZONE Recommends

    I don't believe that people don't have ideas and there is always new people wanting to make a server. But the problems are that they aren't able to really be creative and the fact that, the hostility sometimes may push them away. I had a lot of ideas for new features and customs such as mobs but I am just not able to implement such features because I have to work with what I have and try to create things based around features already in the game. Most of the people in the Fiesta community are young and not very experienced with programming languages. The experienced ones who have learnt a programming language are the ones who have been here for the most time and are the ones who have contributed the most.

    It's pretty simple to grasp how the files work and editing a few SHN files is quick and easy to figure out. But I believe that people are limited to what they currently have and because these files that everyone uses is limited to what features they currently have then people can't really add new content. Without the tools and the ability to go beyond the features the EXE's currently present us it isn't possible for us or for new people to really do what they may have wanted to try and do.

    There are people here who have tools and new files and sources and even if they really did release them only a few amount of people would actually be able to use those properly, even so they haven't released them so it's really not fair to say it's dying due to the fact that there is no creativity because these files are limited to the features they present to us.

  2. #17
    Account Inactive jeff972 is offline
    InactiveRank
    Oct 2012 Join Date
    235Posts

    Re: The Current State Of Fiesta Private Servers?

    well ; to me,
    Have 10 new creatives people wanting to do a server and 5 advanced persons that forgo and/or loose their motivation is like : do 2 step foreward and then do 10 step backwards. i don't know if that even make sens in english , hope you understood o_o

    well you're right there is creative new people everyday but that doesn't really help the progression. for instance when i first make appearance i didn't even know what was Sql stored procedure and such things. and what happened is that i started learning things as much as possible and i simply lost interest in fiesta itself,
    for instance i started blender'ing but in noway ill produce things for fiesta, that would be wasted time to me , plus project would be to limited.. so yes i agree with you... all those limitation just made me lost interest in this game(dev for it)

    finally they have tool because they made them and i respect the fact they want to release or not mainly when you see that some person just use those and claim credits etc etc. we can't and we shouldn't blame advanced Developers for being reticent :o

    after i'm not saying you're wrong , just telling my own point of view that may diverge but is not totally different and ; to me, we both are right

    Ps: i'm talking about me , me feeling and my experience because i don't know what others really think about it(the topic)... It's neither narcissism nor ego-centrism. No telepathic powers out there ! :P
    Last edited by jeff972; 27-07-13 at 04:35 PM.

  3. #18
    əʇılə ɯɐ ı MrFarbodD is offline
    True MemberRank
    Jun 2009 Join Date
    UKLocation
    932Posts

    Re: The Current State Of Fiesta Private Servers?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff972 View Post
    well ; to me,
    finally they have tool because they made them and i respect the fact they want to release or not mainly when you see that some person just use those and claim credits etc etc. we can't and we shouldn't blame advanced Developers for being reticent :o
    I agree with you but since no one else is knowledged enough no one is going to get anywhere really. Maybe release lite version like Myth did? Better than nothing. I've only seen several people actually contribute anything worthwhile to the Fiesta community though and since all the new people have no experience and knowledge they can't create anything. I mean most of the people that come here are 11-17 or something and I doubt most of them have any coding knowledge.

    But yeah it's not just the tools.

  4. #19
    57 61 72 72 65 6e 32 47 6 Dec is offline
    True MemberRank
    Aug 2012 Join Date
    211Posts

    Re: The Current State Of Fiesta Private Servers?

    Pirate elves was my idea fuck crusader I had a sick gameplay idea for the class too fuck.

    Btw, remember the days people begged for the dusk files? I do. Shut the fuck up new files are nothing for you people.

    Some people still don't even understand how the REST system handled authentication fucking hell.

  5. #20
    Success and nothing less Manova is offline
    True MemberRank
    Nov 2011 Join Date
    948Posts

    Re: The Current State Of Fiesta Private Servers?

    Ruined the mood, Klear.

    Yeah, I remember we had some cool ideas for the game, back when Dusk was using the 2008 files. Remember factions, oh and Windmill?!

    While the files do set a limit to people's creativity, there are a lot of ideas that can be put to life with the current ones. Rather than doing the same old thing. However, good content requires time, and most people seem to care about the money.
    Less is more. Simplicity is the key to success and nothing less.

  6. #21
    Account Inactive Pell is offline
    InactiveRank
    Apr 2013 Join Date
    29Posts

    Re: The Current State Of Fiesta Private Servers?

    Those with the money lack creativity, but those without the money could actually make a good server.. depending on who they are of course.

  7. #22
    Account Upgraded | Title Enabled! Kalachu is offline
    True MemberRank
    May 2009 Join Date
    TorLocation
    232Posts

    Re: The Current State Of Fiesta Private Servers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alsm97 View Post
    Good day RageZoners,
    btw that link you posted i wish i could tell the truth about it :) also the code is real on the page but is for an older version of the client

  8. #23
    əʇılə ɯɐ ı MrFarbodD is offline
    True MemberRank
    Jun 2009 Join Date
    UKLocation
    932Posts

    Re: The Current State Of Fiesta Private Servers?

    Quote Originally Posted by jhongeek View Post
    btw that link you posted i wish i could tell the truth about it :) also the code is real on the page but is for an older version of the client
    Are you not allowed to tell us the truth about it? :(

  9. #24
    Account Upgraded | Title Enabled! Kalachu is offline
    True MemberRank
    May 2009 Join Date
    TorLocation
    232Posts

    Re: The Current State Of Fiesta Private Servers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonluck4 View Post
    Are you not allowed to tell us the truth about it? :(
    no sorry as i don't want to make any enemies or put anything at risk.

  10. #25
    Success and nothing less Manova is offline
    True MemberRank
    Nov 2011 Join Date
    948Posts

    Re: The Current State Of Fiesta Private Servers?

    You can't handle the truth!

    Either way, it doesn't matter if the source is available or not. As you can see, it's written in C++, and as far as I know there aren't many C++ developers around. The only person I know has some knowledge in C++ has to be Stu. You don't need the source-code to make enjoyable experiences for your players. :)
    Less is more. Simplicity is the key to success and nothing less.

  11. #26
    Account Upgraded | Title Enabled! Kalachu is offline
    True MemberRank
    May 2009 Join Date
    TorLocation
    232Posts

    Re: The Current State Of Fiesta Private Servers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Manova View Post
    You can't handle the truth!

    Either way, it doesn't matter if the source is available or not. As you can see, it's written in C++, and as far as I know there aren't many C++ developers around. The only person I know has some knowledge in C++ has to be Stu. You don't need the source-code to make enjoyable experiences for your players. :)
    indeed there is a lot that can be done without it :)

  12. #27
    Mr. Kenshin Alsm97 is offline
    True MemberRank
    Oct 2010 Join Date
    SwedenLocation
    202Posts

    Re: The Current State Of Fiesta Private Servers?

    @jhongeek The whole point of me providing that link was a way to show that there are plenty of ways to learn, such as by just studying a single piece of code. I don't mind the date of it and I know it is old. But the idea of the code is still the same.

    @Manova Even though I might not be a C++ programmer, I understand quite a big part of that code. Experience sometimes can mean far more than knowledge, but in times they could also mean the same thing.

    @Dragonluck4 I have heard, seen, discussed great ideas. It's human nature to be creative, if you are inspired that is. It's quite exciting to see how different people think differently of things and thus the great ideas are born, but if you do not hold the source code of the .exe's, then that's what is meant when you say "restricted by the files".
    But hey, many things can still be done with the files as they are. In the end of the day we are not as restricted as we assume we are, because There's more than one way to skin a cat, a saying says.

    All I'm meaning to say is that, if the code/game is yours you have 3 benefits:
    1. You are not restricted in any way.
    2. You are proud for your hard work.
    3. You could make money of it later, but that would be a waste so it's the last benefit of all.

    I appreciate the focus on my post and the discussion of it, I hope it turns into something positive in the end!
    "Hatred has its origin in fear, insecurity and self-loathing.
    The person who respects himself, respects other people aswell.
    "

  13. #28
    Success and nothing less Manova is offline
    True MemberRank
    Nov 2011 Join Date
    948Posts

    Re: The Current State Of Fiesta Private Servers?

    Lol, why am I not surprised.

    Either way, the retail servers haven't announced closure of the game. I don't see what makes you guys claim it's "dead"?
    Less is more. Simplicity is the key to success and nothing less.

  14. #29
    Mr. Kenshin Alsm97 is offline
    True MemberRank
    Oct 2010 Join Date
    SwedenLocation
    202Posts

    Re: The Current State Of Fiesta Private Servers?

    Lack of originality. About the new class... You have similar class, if not the same, in other games. And you have the at-certain-level-creatable-class system that World of Warcraft and probably other games have, with Death Knight.

    They had great ideas, but for some reason, I'm not so excited with their releases anymore, as much as I use to. Trickster was a grand release to me. For 4 years, Fiesta has had the usual Fighter-Cleric-Mage-Archer classes and then suddenly a new class is released. That was grand and exciting to me. But for some reason Crusader didn't have the same impact on me..
    "Hatred has its origin in fear, insecurity and self-loathing.
    The person who respects himself, respects other people aswell.
    "

  15. #30
    Need A Better Title Wolfy5079 is offline
    True MemberRank
    May 2010 Join Date
    Cardiff, WalesLocation
    270Posts

    Re: The Current State Of Fiesta Private Servers?

    Trickster was something completely new for us. We'd spent four years with the same four classes and then when they were released it was a huge deal. We'd always wondered as players about dual weapons and we finally got what we wanted there. Crusader on the other hand just seemed like a way to bring players back from pservers. They know we have these new files with trickster and working instances and this was their way of pulling in the players. To me this class didn't feel right because not only does feel like yesterday since we got a new class, but because of they way it's built. I think we were expecting something flashy from this new class. Something new to fiesta that we hadn't seen yet. Instead we got a mash up of different classes.
    Last edited by Wolfy5079; 27-07-13 at 11:56 PM.
    Come in close.
    Closer.
    As close as you can.
    Because the closer you are,
    the easier it will be to fool you.




Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Advertisement