Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

The Current State Of Fiesta Private Servers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Those with the money lack creativity, but those without the money could actually make a good server.. depending on who they are of course.

Success and nothing less
Reaction score
You can't handle the truth!

Either way, it doesn't matter if the source is available or not. As you can see, it's written in C++, and as far as I know there aren't many C++ developers around. The only person I know has some knowledge in C++ has to be Stu. You don't need the source-code to make enjoyable experiences for your players. :)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You can't handle the truth!

Either way, it doesn't matter if the source is available or not. As you can see, it's written in C++, and as far as I know there aren't many C++ developers around. The only person I know has some knowledge in C++ has to be Stu. You don't need the source-code to make enjoyable experiences for your players. :)

indeed there is a lot that can be done without it :)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
@jhongeek The whole point of me providing that link was a way to show that there are plenty of ways to learn, such as by just studying a single piece of code. I don't mind the date of it and I know it is old. But the idea of the code is still the same.

@Manova Even though I might not be a C++ programmer, I understand quite a big part of that code. Experience sometimes can mean far more than knowledge, but in times they could also mean the same thing.

@Dragonluck4 I have heard, seen, discussed great ideas. It's human nature to be creative, if you are inspired that is. It's quite exciting to see how different people think differently of things and thus the great ideas are born, but if you do not hold the source code of the .exe's, then that's what is meant when you say "restricted by the files".
But hey, many things can still be done with the files as they are. In the end of the day we are not as restricted as we assume we are, because There's more than one way to skin a cat, a saying says.

All I'm meaning to say is that, if the code/game is yours you have 3 benefits:
1. You are not restricted in any way.
2. You are proud for your hard work.
3. You could make money of it later, but that would be a waste so it's the last benefit of all.

I appreciate the focus on my post and the discussion of it, I hope it turns into something positive in the end!

Success and nothing less
Reaction score
Lol, why am I not surprised.

Either way, the retail servers haven't announced closure of the game. I don't see what makes you guys claim it's "dead"?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Lack of originality. About the new class... You have similar class, if not the same, in other games. And you have the at-certain-level-creatable-class system that World of Warcraft and probably other games have, with Death Knight.

They had great ideas, but for some reason, I'm not so excited with their releases anymore, as much as I use to. Trickster was a grand release to me. For 4 years, Fiesta has had the usual Fighter-Cleric-Mage-Archer classes and then suddenly a new class is released. That was grand and exciting to me. But for some reason Crusader didn't have the same impact on me..

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Trickster was something completely new for us. We'd spent four years with the same four classes and then when they were released it was a huge deal. We'd always wondered as players about dual weapons and we finally got what we wanted there. Crusader on the other hand just seemed like a way to bring players back from pservers. They know we have these new files with trickster and working instances and this was their way of pulling in the players. To me this class didn't feel right because not only does feel like yesterday since we got a new class, but because of they way it's built. I think we were expecting something flashy from this new class. Something new to fiesta that we hadn't seen yet. Instead we got a mash up of different classes.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
They could try altering Wizard from his Summoning skills such as Summon and Firewalker and exchanging those for some other nice skills. And after that is done, create a new class as a Venomancer. Who wouldn't want to summon Apes and stuff and use them as slaves? Don't tell me it is over-powered because it isn't at all. A class isn't over-powered, it's the stats you give it that makes it over-powered.

Trickster was a melee, attack damage, fighter, so as a Venomancer which is a ranged, magic damage, mage. Little less damage than Mage, a bit higher defense and stuff like that.

Just an idea that I have inherited by Dragonluck4 and added up on it a bit.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I've always wondered why servers have never thought of giving summon more than one level. Why not with each summon have a stronger mob in that line come up. I mean for level 1 you've got skeletons, why not for level 2 have skeleton archers, level 3 have skeleton soldiers and so on until you get to the final mob in that line. People might say it's over powered but the truth is it's only over powered if you make it that way. You could have helga as a summon completely overpowered if you wanted. Imagine that running around a map killing everything for you lol.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I've always wondered why servers have never thought of giving summon more than one level. Why not with each summon have a stronger mob in that line come up. I mean for level 1 you've got skeletons, why not for level 2 have skeleton archers, level 3 have skeleton soldiers and so on until you get to the final mob in that line. People might say it's over powered but the truth is it's only over powered if you make it that way. You could have helga as a summon completely overpowered if you wanted. Imagine that running around a map killing everything for you lol.

was actually what i was gana do in odin but we didnt get to cap raise

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Another thing I haven't seen is the anti-henneath characters being used. You don't specifically have to use them for that particular KQ if you don't want to you can dress them up how you like. You could have a pirate theme kind of KQ or instance going on. Edit the buccaneer suit and the bandana into 5 different colours for each class for lower pirates and the buccaneer hat for captains, everytime you kill a set of "pirates" and their "captain" a treasure chest spawns. This probably sucks but it's still an idea for people to take if they want it. It's something different too that's not been seen before, at least as far as i know anyway.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Another thing I haven't seen is the anti-henneath characters being used. You don't specifically have to use them for that particular KQ if you don't want to you can dress them up how you like. You could have a pirate theme kind of KQ or instance going on. Edit the buccaneer suit and the bandana into 5 different colours for each class for lower pirates and the buccaneer hat for captains, everytime you kill a set of "pirates" and their "captain" a treasure chest spawns. This probably sucks but it's still an idea for people to take if they want it. It's something different too that's not been seen before, at least as far as i know anyway.

It should be in the base-files that most use, I implemented two maps back in Dusk that had mobs who were using NPC's dressed up as players, they even had +9 weapons and used player-skills.

BH_DarkTown and BH_DarkCave

Reaction score
Hooking custom DLLs to replace functions makes anything possible. Only issue is no one in the Fiesta scene can even grasp the concept of making a launcher. We've done some pretty amazing things with RF doing this.

Until an actual developer gets interested in Fiesta, good luck with any "unique" content.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hooking custom DLLs to replace functions makes anything possible. Only issue is no one in the Fiesta scene can even grasp the concept of making a launcher. We've done some pretty amazing things with RF doing this.

Until an actual developer gets interested in Fiesta, good luck with any "unique" content.

Me no understand why you compared two different areas together; injecting DLL's is far more ASM based than coding a launcher, I've seen people who can code just fine but are bricked when it comes to any other area other than programming.

So, what'd you do in the inclusive?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
@Radeyo Launchers are very useful in many ways. I have done plenty of launchers, but I haven't posted any cause I think people should start learning something. Even if you release the whole source, people still want a guide on how to open the source, how to modify it, how to build it and where the path to get the .exe is. It's not impossible to make a launcher. If you really wanna make a server, then learn something and don't just leech.

I don't say I'm a pro. I have done plenty of launchers from scratch starting with a crappy, cheap code and the next time i made a new one my coding was simplified, improved and more powerful. You need to break a sweat if you want things to go good for you.

I have helped so many people setup their servers, setup their Odin launcher release, fix their error messages, setup a regi page for em. All that because I'm too nice but I figured I was wrong. You should have them learn instead.

Give a man some bread, and he will eat a week. Teach the man how to farm, and he will eat for all his life.

PS: I don't get how you combined the DLL hooking with Launcher?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back