The Current State Of Fiesta Private Servers?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    True MemberRank
    Oct 2010 Join Date
    SwedenLocation
    202Posts

Re: The Current State Of Fiesta Private Servers?

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

They could try altering Wizard from his Summoning skills such as Summon and Firewalker and exchanging those for some other nice skills. And after that is done, create a new class as a Venomancer. Who wouldn't want to summon Apes and stuff and use them as slaves? Don't tell me it is over-powered because it isn't at all. A class isn't over-powered, it's the stats you give it that makes it over-powered.

Trickster was a melee, attack damage, fighter, so as a Venomancer which is a ranged, magic damage, mage. Little less damage than Mage, a bit higher defense and stuff like that.

Just an idea that I have inherited by Dragonluck4 and added up on it a bit.
    "Hatred has its origin in fear, insecurity and self-loathing.
    The person who respects himself, respects other people aswell.
    "

True MemberRank
    May 2010 Join Date
    Cardiff, WalesLocation
    270Posts

I've always wondered why servers have never thought of giving summon more than one level. Why not with each summon have a stronger mob in that line come up. I mean for level 1 you've got skeletons, why not for level 2 have skeleton archers, level 3 have skeleton soldiers and so on until you get to the final mob in that line. People might say it's over powered but the truth is it's only over powered if you make it that way. You could have helga as a summon completely overpowered if you wanted. Imagine that running around a map killing everything for you lol.
    Come in close.
    Closer.
    As close as you can.
    Because the closer you are,
    the easier it will be to fool you.

True MemberRank
    Oct 2010 Join Date
    SwedenLocation
    202Posts

Not such a bad idea. :P I'll stick to starting a new game, thought! ;)
    "

True MemberRank
    Jan 2009 Join Date
    275Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfy5079 View Post
    I've always wondered why servers have never thought of giving summon more than one level. Why not with each summon have a stronger mob in that line come up. I mean for level 1 you've got skeletons, why not for level 2 have skeleton archers, level 3 have skeleton soldiers and so on until you get to the final mob in that line. People might say it's over powered but the truth is it's only over powered if you make it that way. You could have helga as a summon completely overpowered if you wanted. Imagine that running around a map killing everything for you lol.
    was actually what i was gana do in odin but we didnt get to cap raise

True MemberRank
    May 2010 Join Date
    Cardiff, WalesLocation
    270Posts

Another thing I haven't seen is the anti-henneath characters being used. You don't specifically have to use them for that particular KQ if you don't want to you can dress them up how you like. You could have a pirate theme kind of KQ or instance going on. Edit the buccaneer suit and the bandana into 5 different colours for each class for lower pirates and the buccaneer hat for captains, everytime you kill a set of "pirates" and their "captain" a treasure chest spawns. This probably sucks but it's still an idea for people to take if they want it. It's something different too that's not been seen before, at least as far as i know anyway.
    Come in close.
    Closer.
    As close as you can.
    Because the closer you are,
    the easier it will be to fool you.

True MemberRank
    Oct 2012 Join Date
    247Posts

I was trying to change the armor but I never figured out how to change it.

True MemberRank
    Jan 2012 Join Date
    365Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfy5079 View Post
    Another thing I haven't seen is the anti-henneath characters being used. You don't specifically have to use them for that particular KQ if you don't want to you can dress them up how you like. You could have a pirate theme kind of KQ or instance going on. Edit the buccaneer suit and the bandana into 5 different colours for each class for lower pirates and the buccaneer hat for captains, everytime you kill a set of "pirates" and their "captain" a treasure chest spawns. This probably sucks but it's still an idea for people to take if they want it. It's something different too that's not been seen before, at least as far as i know anyway.
    It should be in the base-files that most use, I implemented two maps back in Dusk that had mobs who were using NPC's dressed up as players, they even had +9 weapons and used player-skills.

BH_DarkTown and BH_DarkCave

The OmegaRank
    Apr 2005 Join Date

Hooking custom DLLs to replace functions makes anything possible. Only issue is no one in the Fiesta scene can even grasp the concept of making a launcher. We've done some pretty amazing things with RF doing this.

Until an actual developer gets interested in Fiesta, good luck with any "unique" content.
    RF-Dev Team

True MemberRank
    Jan 2012 Join Date
    365Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Radeyo View Post
    Hooking custom DLLs to replace functions makes anything possible. Only issue is no one in the Fiesta scene can even grasp the concept of making a launcher. We've done some pretty amazing things with RF doing this.

Until an actual developer gets interested in Fiesta, good luck with any "unique" content.
    Me no understand why you compared two different areas together; injecting DLL's is far more ASM based than coding a launcher, I've seen people who can code just fine but are bricked when it comes to any other area other than programming.

So, what'd you do in the inclusive?

True MemberRank
    Oct 2010 Join Date
    SwedenLocation
    202Posts

@Radeyo Launchers are very useful in many ways. I have done plenty of launchers, but I haven't posted any cause I think people should start learning something. Even if you release the whole source, people still want a guide on how to open the source, how to modify it, how to build it and where the path to get the .exe is. It's not impossible to make a launcher. If you really wanna make a server, then learn something and don't just leech.

I don't say I'm a pro. I have done plenty of launchers from scratch starting with a crappy, cheap code and the next time i made a new one my coding was simplified, improved and more powerful. You need to break a sweat if you want things to go good for you.

I have helped so many people setup their servers, setup their Odin launcher release, fix their error messages, setup a regi page for em. All that because I'm too nice but I figured I was wrong. You should have them learn instead.

Give a man some bread, and he will eat a week. Teach the man how to farm, and he will eat for all his life.

PS: I don't get how you combined the DLL hooking with Launcher?
    "

True MemberRank
    Nov 2011 Join Date
    948Posts

For those of you who aren't able to connect the dots. He was mentioning how easy it is to code a launcher, contrary to code caving, and people still aren't able to do that. Simply because this section lacks technical experience, or are unwilling to learn.

RCE is no simple task, but if were to have someone decent at it, as well as interested in Fiesta, we could have had amazing features. I mean, the PDB's are already there.
    Last edited by Manova; 28-07-13 at 06:28 PM.
    Less is more. Simplicity is the key to success and nothing less.

True MemberRank
    Nov 2012 Join Date
    505Posts

I believe that the whole fiesta private server scene is pretty much dead, reason i believe this is there is to many kids that don't wanna try to do something on there own. They would only want to add all of us who have been doing this for a while and really took the time to get to know the files and how to work on em so they can possibly leech off our hard work. I personally find this ridiculous and pointless. The other reason i think the fiesta scene is dead, we all forgot that we are all in this for the same goal " to make something beautiful". In the end everyone wants to treat everyone like shit, and DDoS each other because so and so is no.1 on top of games, or someone is pissed off cause you wont give them your files. So they DDoS. It's childish and retarded. I do think the private server community is suffering because of lack of creativity but you can only do so much with busted files they have there limit. You can do so much on a set of files that suck in the first place. I say this if your not in it for the common goal i believe you should just quit and not return. I believe if all your gonna do is leach and turn around and talk shit like your god you should just quit and leave. If all of us who are in this for the same goal would stop helping these leechers and assholes out, they would have no option in the end but to leave. There development would halt in some way shape or form, and then only then can we proceed to make good fully functioning private servers with a vast amount of creativity. so i blame the leechers and wanna be's for fucking everything up for everyone.

True MemberRank
    Oct 2010 Join Date
    SwedenLocation
    202Posts

@Monav Oh, yea now it all make sense. Very correctly said.
    About the PDB.. I use the mini dump file and debug it, show it to the PDB file. Then it says that it's missing 3 files so It won't continue debug.

\luascript\lua-5.1.4\src\lstring.c
    \luascript.cpp
    \zoneserver.cpp

@aqua512 And once the leechers left the scene, it would be as obvious, that the fiesta scene is dead, as a fly in your plate of milk.
    What you have said it's true, but it is not only the creativity.

Say we all worked together for the ultimate server, the fully functional one that everybody would want to play on. There will be those 5 people that would differ in the whole project that get praised. There's always gonna be at least 1 guy who would also want to be praised, just like Lucifer wanted to become a God of his own, so he's gonna try get a hold of those files or work on new ones and he'd want to be on the top as well, wouldn't he? So he would try to DDoS that godly server and buy Votes on ToG.com and so on. The number of guys that also want to get praised will multiply into a huge number very soon. And sooo we end up in the war between servers again. Humans ego is unlimited so we can't really blame ONLY the creativity or leechers. Also there are people with connections that makes life for them easier, but I don't blame those.

The are many causes to things, too many facts to discuss.
    "

True MemberRank
    Nov 2012 Join Date
    505Posts

i agree 100% alsma, but i'm not saying all in one giant server. I'm saying stop fighting among each other and show some respect to those who are putting in the honest effort. Stop treating each other as enemies and remember we all have the same goal. Work with each other to achieve this goal, even with separate servers and ideas for these servers.

InactiveRank
    Apr 2013 Join Date
    29Posts

Stop complaining about the community. If you care so much, do something about it? @ the launcher subject.. Some people know how to do other things better than others. You were Spoon-fed too, or seem to think google isn't another form of spoon feeding. Want to improve the community? Release guides, and the new files.. or at least help people fixing them. Everyone starts somewhere, if you actually bothered helping instead of saying "I'm not spoon feeding you" they may not need spoon feeding in the feature. Greedy fuckers. (+1 to Stu though for previous releases and helping a retarded community)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Advertisement