Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

It's not Fiesta anymore

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
This is something that I have been seeing for a decent amount of time, and its hugely spreading among all new servers. I just don't understand what people are doing, it has become that people who launch servers seriously don't have any idea on how to make a game, the whole purpose became instead of a making a challenging game, became just about making money, making things retarded and just type "No p2w", when its actually p2w. Its like saying All rights reserved and actually have no rights at all.

Krum - It's not Fiesta anymore - RaGEZONE Forums

I legitimately don't know whats the purpose of servers like this, everything in the game is being given at level 1, what am i supposed to do in the server? just walk around? okay maybe MMORPG chatting scene is big, but ofc only if it actually had a big community and when you somehow got bored of farming or leveling or whatsoever, but there is nothing to do nowadays, You don't spend poop, everything is given. For all these years, its common and well-known that servers have been copying other servers but with logic, maybe a little tweaks from here and there, but they can take the main idea. But nowadays, its just like copy-paste, and just dont give a duck, as long as i have a store in my game and have "No p2w", im all good. This seriously needs to end.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Re: Its not Fiesta anymore

Krum I totally agree, 99% of servers that are online right now are total trash. Not even worth my time to go look at the list on ToG, to even get some examples. If I want to play a poop server, I will just stick to Gamigo. All these kids think they can just read the development forums, and have an idea of what it takes to make a good server. At the same time, it is also the player, as they cry, and witch, and moan about not having glitches like weapon stacking, or HP/SP stones. The demand for poop servers is there. However, you have people like me, who play on the original CN files on basically extreme mode, and I would rather play on my lil test server alone, than play on a poop server with other people. The whining needs to end, or devs need to start ignoring the players more. Yes bug reports are to be read, taken into consideration, tested, and so on. As a person who works on the files myself, I get really annoyed when I see private servers giving into every beckoning whim of a player. It is pointless because players will always witch. The server team needs to remember if the player really doesn't like it, they will go find a new server. All this horse poop needs to end. The creativity of Fiesta is literally dead. This game has reached its max on what we can do with it. Mainly because people would rather use the busted butt 2011 files, than learn how to work on the CN files. It is called being lazy. Which most server teams are exactly that. They would rather copy from other servers than create new content. It is sad really. Until people realize that things like laziness, incompetence, half butt work, using busted content, and the sheer lack of any thought is killing this game, nothing will change. This game has a end date. It is coming faster than most of us can see. People claim retail is alive, but truth is, it is dying as well. NA has 2 dead servers, 1 mostly dead server, and 1 active server that is loosing people by the minute. So Yes it is all coming to an end. Then we have greedy fuckwads like Stu, who instead of wanting to see the community progress with newer files, they use the newer files to cheat,lie, and scam people. So I say this, "Let it Ducking die, This game is worthless, with worthless people, making worthless servers. Even retail is worthless trash."

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Odin files are just pure poop, CN is better, but people like you said are just too lazy to fix the stones. And in my perspective, if Stu kept the files to himself, it doesn't even make a difference now, because him keeping them private, it might and im saying it might have a little chance of making people make something creative for their servers. But as we know it, these developers are just too lazy to even change the order of the Store NPC items, so you can't really expect anything from them but mostly anyways who ever create something, he just cares about credits way more than caring about actually using the feature. So let me take credit for something we did, me and Dec actually got the stones working in the CN files, but we dont have the full time or resources to invest them in a server. And to people who played Outspark back in the day when you actually had to do work hard to actually achieve something, it was Ducking awesome. Now they give you money to go afk in their games to just count players online, and they give you money that you don't even spend, you cant buy stones, skills, and all items are practically 1 copper. So gg.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

I actually think it's quite the contrary, at least for private servers. I haven't been around in the Fiesta scene for some time but I'm surprised at how little has changed. Even though back then all we had was 2008 files, I remember Dusk was the only server with 100 skills and refused to share. I'm not particularly talented (I know basic java at most) and seven years ago I was 16 so I couldn't figure out how they had gotten it to work. Just recently I got a server to work publicly for the first time (which will probably never be connected to anyways). Right now I'm working on trying to remove all premium content from the game and trying to move it to ways of being obtained in game that make sense. Going to try moving extenders into potion crafting and charms to scroll crafting, stuff like that.

Reaction score

I'll let one dev (once I'm bored of playing with Pancho, my monkey) make a sever with my files. Who should it be? Vote.

Master Summoner
Reaction score

Better to ask the community why they're still willing to donate to these servers, they're the real reason that the pattern/mentality sticks.
I wonder this exact thing all the time. I think they are just settling tbh. You can only pick from the choices, if 99% of the servers are poop, than your choices are pretty limited.

Reaction score

And the community is now so used to the whole no-challenge type servers that there is literally no point in creating a server that requires players to actually put in time to be good, cause people apparently don't want that anymore. At least many servers are moving away from the whole pay to win thing, but unfortunately now it's just login-to-win, which is depressing to see.

Also, though it would be fun to have the latest files, it wouldn't change poop. This pattern is obviously working and I don't think the top servers will change it anytime soon.

xkl

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Yeah, I would agree with everyone in this thread. This game / "scene" is getting old and I honestly don't see it progressing.

Recently I was planning out a server idea and while I was working on it in my spare time here and there I was thinking of a simple question; Will anyone actually even play and enjoy this? Not that what I was doing was the end-all-be-all or the greatest, by no means. Just honestly thinking would anyone even play this. Is it worth it?

I feel like there are too many servers available and constantly coming up, and going down. I'm sure players aren't like "duck yeah. This is my 27th server I've played... let's do this!". So wouldn't blame them at all if they didn't feel like trying out a new server.

The points everyone made about it being too easy are true as well. Sure it's a private server so I'm giving players some easy (sometimes free) obtainable premium items and increasing the rates. This isn't official / retail, let's have some fun. But that should be to an extent. Not everything handed out at level 1 and finishing all content provided in an hour(s).

New(er) files would be awesome, sure. But I personally think It wouldn't make any difference at all. It will still be in the same situation as it has always been in. Just the same thing over, and over again. So the CN files are just fine in my opinion.

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score

Idk why you stick around and whinge about the problem, it's been like this for many many years now - it's not new. No one has tried to fix it or do anything about it, they just come to good ol' ragezone and right up a meaningful post.

While Stu is under gamigo's paycheck with direct access to any new updates files, etc there is not going to be any progression file wise, why should he? You all just talk poop about him because he doesn't do hand out's lmao. Don't think we have any hidden gems in the Fiesta community (unfortunately) capable of completely emulating the game with new files, etc. Many have tried and many have failed.

So leave while you're ahead, lot's of awesome games out there that have everything there just begging to be used but no one with skills to use it. Go be the top dog of that area. :) Lot's of good times in this section and in game however all good things come to an end. Maybe the Pserver scene will get a surprise from someone who's just not showed himself yet, who knows.

Dec

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

I have the mind set that there hasn't been any real development in the Fiesta scene for 4-5 years. I've had this mind set since 2011/2012.

Don't misinterpret that as me saying there is a lack of talent, because there really isn't (I can list a lot of people). At most I think we've all just gotten a little bored of the game and left it to whoever can edit an SHN file to dominate.

People who beg Stu for hand outs are just lacking any sense of logic, like, really?
Stu used to be my worst enemy, but now has by far the most respect from me out of anybody in this scene (ok, he's tied at #1 with a few others- but forget that).
Why? Because he's actively progressed this scene by miles, whilst those begging have just degraded it.

I'd like to see some weird new features added to Fiesta, I often dabble myself (still have a client hook that fixes stones coded on this computer). But it's not enough, we need an active community again- or else we all just get bored.

Sorry, I'm typing this half asleep, shouts out to Yaz.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

What I've noticed about this scene is that back in the days (2008-2011) when we still had to work with Athens Files, the P-Server Scene was at his peak. Then Dusk came online with the first new files and everybody wanted those. Then after the Dusk/Odin Files were released, it only took like half a year and you could see that the servers got more and more similar to each other. Stu gave the community what they wanted and after that point some other devs released their stuff aswell and the people started to think that now they get spoon feeded all the time.

Even the help section got loads of threads back then, because people were to lazy to think and fixing easy bugs themselves. I don't know why but the only good server with Odin files that i can think of was falou. It was something different a lot of bugs were fixed and it had its own content. People saw the success of Falou. After their files finally got released Falou Files were the new basic for every new server so they didn't had to put work in their files, since a lot of content is already in those.

Then the HK/CN Files got released and that was the part were the scene died completely.

My Point is that Athens Files were actual "P-Server Files" you could do a lot of fun stuff with them it wasn't to buggy when you were able to fix the ones who existed and they just felt different to the official server. People still had their own ideas back then especially Terra/Cry/Tramanto/Selesnia.

ALSO a very important point why Fiesta isn't Fiesta anymore is because of the community. It gets worse every year which pasts. Everyone tries to find a gembug, staff members pushing players who are close to them & the community gets more and more unfriendly. If someone doesn't like another one they will binn them out so far if it's possible.

This Scene is completely dead and it doesn't matter anymore on how hard every dev tries to make a new server, it may won't get the attention it deserves. It all began with the release of the odin files. Even the 2k16/2k17 server suck because the owners don't change anything compared to the official servers. Fiesta is dead and it won't recover in the future. Stu's decision to not release the services of newer files is the correct one for me.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

The "Popular" servers all follow the same poop.
Everyone started using shivtr forums, and now people just use discord.
Anytime anyone does "make" a website, its that stupid landing page using responsive boot strap.

Any server you cannot Cap on in less than an hour, doesnt hold peoples attention.
Any server that a mage cannot tank on, is considered poop.
Any server that doesnt put up a forum with a 4 month count down before "launch" has no player base.

I have also noticed no new players are in the Fiesta PS community, its the same groups and guilds server hoping.
Really getting sick of seeing "Custom Content" on everything.. wow you added a mob to a map its normally not on and re-colored it.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Really getting sick of seeing "Custom Content" on everything.. wow you added a mob to a map its normally not on and re-colored it.
Atleast if it was a decent coloring, it would be atleast called a try, but someone made the Psyken Dog a fking Eggplant, wtf kind of coloring is this? its legitimately a fking eggplant.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

I'd like to see any of them try to do anything that ISN'T custom. Something out of the ordinary, mobs mixed up or skills that are put in different levels than just the same order to learning the skills. It's blase seeing a Bera that's the starting map or a custom one using Devildom as a starting map, old Roumen or beta Roumen are nice. Anything that isn't the SAME. :( Sorry, not trying to rant or anything really...

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Atleast if it was a decent coloring, it would be atleast called a try, but someone made the Psyken Dog a fking Eggplant, wtf kind of coloring is this? its legitimately a fking eggplant.

For Ducking real. Another thing is im so sick of weapon skins being a main item of all servers._."
I shut my server down cause people said they didnt like the lack of costumes, weapon skins, etc.
And not being able to tank on anything other than a Knight was poop.. lost hope ever since, and that was back in 2013-14 ish.

I was working on stuff that I got some ideas from ES of ways to add mechanics to bosses, but wiping on a boss more than twice means its to hard ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ps. in before someone flames this post and says something about my server.

I'd like to see any of them try to do anything that ISN'T custom. Something out of the ordinary, mobs mixed up or skills that are put in different levels than just the same order to learning the skills. It's blase seeing a Bera that's the starting map or a custom one using Devildom as a starting map, old Roumen or beta Roumen are nice. Anything that isn't the SAME. :( Sorry, not trying to rant or anything really...

I made it so as you level it grants the skills. took Ducking forever to do, and i only did it up to level 60 for all classes, and it was using HK files so any skill you learned updated on your action bar. Also I was one of the first to my knowledge to use bera as the only map for a town, and even before that one of my old teams (Avian Online) we made towns dungeons and the new towns were maps like burning hill because the towns were invaded and thats where we had to relocate. No players bothered to try and learn our re-written lore.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

I dig it, Jake. Just anything different really, but not too much away from the custom part.

I remember seeing what they plan to do with retail in terms of some skills moving down in levels to learn, for an example, the skill Extinguish on the cleric side, in their eventual "rebalancing" anyways. They planned (last I known anyways) to move it to level 60. Something on that line would be to sort of bring some higher skills that don't do much at the levels learned much higher in game maybe down near the early 50's/late 60's level range.

When I played Hunter Kingdom in its last days, because there seemed to be fewer maps in a way, Echo Cave had a bunch... and I mean BUNCH of mobs from different areas, ranging from Crabs, Silver Slimes, Honeying, nothing resembling cave creatures. There was just a bunch of mobs in it, especially Forest of Tides where some of the very higher mob tiers from say Sea of Greed came in and mob levels were readjusted to match it. Once lower level mobs were harder to hit, just because they looked soft didn't mean they were easier, either. Everything in that was more mixed up so it wasn't so familiar, which was what I liked even if the maps I went in were the same.

I get what you were going for Jake, I respect that. I just wish more people did though. :)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

I get what you were going for Jake, I respect that. I just wish more people did though. :)

Other than looking like an ugly mutt in these, this was my server. One thing people complained about was my damage was too high, but I had removed all charms, costumes, made skins hard to get, etc. you had as much damage as a buffed player. I took the time to scale all my bosses and mobs to a good amount of damage. I laid everything out in teirs, so had to make bigger damage gaps so T1 players couldnt do T3, without doing T2 first.

I dont know about the rest of you but I still play retail fiesta and the damage on a +12 125 weapon is Ducking stupid, the new 130+ weapons are even worse.

This is what im talking about, damage is way to high now and mobs havnt gotten any harder. They are scaled to 'Naked' players. so having CS items is just OP. So I guess its not just private servers doing dumb poop ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
deizOZa - It's not Fiesta anymore - RaGEZONE Forums

nbFTc0D - It's not Fiesta anymore - RaGEZONE Forums

hM6B2MU - It's not Fiesta anymore - RaGEZONE Forums

hCnbBrL - It's not Fiesta anymore - RaGEZONE Forums

cTEkOfS - It's not Fiesta anymore - RaGEZONE Forums

VcXAOuE - It's not Fiesta anymore - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Best server features in the name of the MMORPG history. And the problem is, its their best.
Krum - It's not Fiesta anymore - RaGEZONE Forums

I dont know im just drowning in ideal servers nowadays, that im becoming so confused about which server im gonna play..

Back