Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Gamigo is figuring it out

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Happy 9 year anniversary.

Only took 9 years to realize that 8 seconds of stun is kind of cancerous. Not to mention the fact that you only had a 6 second window before the next stun so you were stunned for longer than you were active in a 1v1.

Eden Eternal was the first MMO I played after fiesta and I was quite amazed to see that the only stun you get lasted for 2 seconds (back in 2011) and you couldn't do any "skill empowerment" to increase it. They also had an effect where if you get any disable, once it goes away you can't be disabled again for 30 seconds. You'd think the creators of eden eternal were playing fiesta and got tired of being wrecked by warlocks and gladiators just because of stun locking.

They also reduced the minimum level of clerics only AOE attack. Because clearly killing a thousand monsters 1 by 1 for 2% exp is great fun. Or even better, pressing 1 every 2.1 seconds while your mage kills them in hordes is equally as engaging as anything you do in Vindictus.

The more I explore the files, there more it seems they had some pretty competent software engineers for 2002 but no one with any sense of game design until 15 years later.

In world of warcraft they re-balance the classes constantly because they actually had some interest in making a game that was fun to play, OOS did nothing. When you have an MMO vs a console game on PS2 why shouldn't you release updates to make gameplay more fun. You can't just patch a PS2 disc. Eden Eternal is also guilty of this, the true motto is "Balance it your self with slime coins". How can you genuinely assume every one of those random numbers is perfectly balanced looking 15 years into the future.

For those that don't know I'm talking about the recent re-balance decisions that occurred in EU/NA fiesta. Not shocking to know that some of them are similar to mine. Also so ya'll don't get confused fiesta started development and released in the east in 2002-2006 and came to the west in 2008 that's why gamigo calls it the 9 year anniversary.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Only took 9 years to realize that 8 seconds of stun is kind of cancerous. Not to mention the fact that you only had a 6 second window before the next stun so you were stunned for longer than you were active in a 1v1.

You'd think the creators of eden eternal were playing fiesta and got tired of being wrecked by warlocks and gladiators just because of stun locking.
Learn to play is the only answer. If you don't know how to play just stick to mage.
Reapers, Spec, Wizard, Glad can dodge or counter deva.
Comparing EE to Fiesta is dumb, EE is a fully-stuffed based MMO while Fiesta requires a little skill to play some classes(ie Glad).

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
You got some interesting points there, but lets dont forget that Gamigo was bound a loooooong butt time to OnsOnSoft.

Now where they aquired the respective licenses to actually change the game they distribute I believe they will enhance the Game experience even further. *We can hope so at least*

But as Deadly said, this game was not intended to require a lot of skill to be played anyways. :glare:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Learn to play is the only answer. If you don't know how to play just stick to mage.
Reapers, Spec, Wizard, Glad can dodge or counter deva.
Comparing EE to Fiesta is dumb, EE is a fully-stuffed based MMO while Fiesta requires a little skill to play some classes(ie Glad).

Actually sir.
You cannot escape concussive charge. Gamigo only changed the stun of concussive charge because people were using it instead of devastate for that exact reason. I know that dash, Force Slash, and that one skill Crusader has can avoid it.

The reason why is because the hit time of Devastate is long enough that the human brain can actually respond to it based on the animation before the hit actually lands. Sometimes latency can ruin this however, when the game speeds up the animation because of the ping, but lag ruins everything. Concussive charge has an extremely quick hit time which means there isn't necessarily that same counter play.

Fiesta is equally as gear based as eden eternal. Eden Eternal just decided to replace balance with an item mall.

The point still stands that disables aren't fun and never will be and developers need to be careful about them. I love it when I'm playing a game and I can't do anything, it's way more fun than actually being able to do anything. If it's entirely my fault, then that's different. They're very fun for the player using them, but core game design mechanics of play and counter-play are what make a person versus person engagement fun for both parties.

Reaction score
You got some interesting points there, but lets dont forget that Gamigo was bound a loooooong butt time to OnsOnSoft.

Now where they aquired the respective licenses to actually change the game they distribute I believe they will enhance the Game experience even further. *We can hope so at least*

But as Deadly said, this game was not intended to require a lot of skill to be played anyways. :glare:
Honestly they have had the full license and source code for a little over a year now, and we have yet to see any notable updates. So unless they're working on some big changes secretly (but why would they), they're most likely not sure themselves what to do with the game.

The Waypoint Team thing they announced seems to have been afk for a while now as well.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The reason why is because the hit time of Devastate is long enough that the human brain can actually respond to it based on the animation before the hit actually lands. Sometimes latency can ruin this however, when the game speeds up the animation because of the ping, but lag ruins everything. Concussive charge has an extremely quick hit time which means there isn't necessarily that same counter play.(1)

Fiesta is equally as gear based as eden eternal. Eden Eternal just decided to replace balance with an item mall. (2)

They're very fun for the player using them, but core game design mechanics of play and counter-play are what make a person versus person engagement fun for both parties.(3)

(1) : Blame AT&T or w/e is your interet provider not gamigo

(2) : EE PvP = upgrade your gear, smash keyboard with your forehead
Fiesta PvP = a little skill, a bit of set switching, dodging deva, CC, not spam your keyboard like a dumbfuck. And a good gameplay can beat any stuff unlike EE

(3) : Fiesta PvP is based on play and counter play, the difference is you have to learn how to use them to counter your opponement.
EE is all about dealing damage to your enemy, Fiesta is more about countering your opponement moves while dealing damage.
PS = Last time i play gamigo fiesta was during 105 cap, I don't know anythinh about gameplay updates. My thoughts are based on p-servers.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
(1) : Blame AT&T or w/e is your interet provider not gamigo

(2) : EE PvP = upgrade your gear, smash keyboard with your forehead
Fiesta PvP = a little skill, a bit of set switching, dodging deva, CC, not spam your keyboard like a dumbfuck. And a good gameplay can beat any stuff unlike EE

(3) : Fiesta PvP is based on play and counter play, the difference is you have to learn how to use them to counter your opponement.
EE is all about dealing damage to your enemy, Fiesta is more about countering your opponement moves while dealing damage.
PS = Last time i play gamigo fiesta was during 105 cap, I don't know anythinh about gameplay updates. My thoughts are based on p-servers.

That was only true about eden eternal after they released the Messiah class. Eden eternal used tactical decision making. Tactics may not be considered skill because they don't always require quick reflexes.

Gear in eden eternal allows you to drastically increase your character's strength while fiesta isn't so drastic. A level 135 fighter with all level 1 gear cannot beat a level 135 fighter with all level 135 gear. You might argue that 125 gear fighter might beat a 135 gear fighter through differences of skill, but this is only because gear doesn't drastically change your stats as much as EE.

If you're arguing for private servers then you could argue anything. I'm arguing for NA. I don't know everything about every single private server's pvp.

I'm not going to argue that EE is a perfect game. All I said was EE has a better approach to disables, whether or not it has a better approach to anything else was not the discussion. Fiesta and Eden Eternal are competitors in the same market. They're both WoW clones.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
It will never happen anyways because it's been one year they announced that Waypoint patch but there's nothing from it yet.

Back