Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Launcher Features

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Well I feel like continuing development with my launcher and improving it adding more features and such.

At the moment I already have or am planning to add the features listed below:

-Basic Logging in Function
-Patching System
-Ability to change port, title, client.exe name and IP remotely without editing exe.
-Maintenance Mode
-Ability to log in if you are an admin while in maintenance mode. (Only admins can log in. No one else)
-Ability to change main game settings before logging in.

If anyone has anymore suggestions then please comment. I am not a coding master, so please nothing complicated. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah those will be included as well. There will be an area for updates though it will require html coding, but it really depends on the design of the launcher.

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm using your launcher atm :D

but patching & maintenance mode would be nice :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
-Ability to change port, title, client.exe name and IP remotely without editing exe.
If you really hardcoded these infos, go ashamed.

-Maintenance Mode
-Ability to log in if you are an admin while in maintenance mode. (Only admins can log in. No one else)
These two things have nothing to do with the client-based launcher.
A launcher should only be a GUI for the user, everything else should be server-sided (NO, nothing with PHP like all the lil kiddys do).

-Ability to change main game settings before logging in.
Sweet, Isya Online setting trends. And aaaaaalll copy-kids doing their job.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

A launcher should only be a GUI for the user, everything else should be server-sided (NO, nothing with PHP like all the lil kiddys do).

Watch out, guys. We have a professional. Just kidding. Just idiotic, and a little bit too full of themselves.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I like the way u try to open your posts with a sentence that is basically addressed to a audience. Could be a sign of loneliness and a try trial to get a little attention. Or u really think u're something special in WWW, on fact u need a doc ASAP :eek:
Ah, and the way u try to pull down all my posts is really amusing, because i don't give a flying duck about every1 on da webz dat trai 2 biiiii c00l (maybe you notice the irony of my spelling someday).

@Topic: Just use my post above as a kind of hint. U can ignore it, but if you really hardcoding all these in a clientsided launcher it is no wonder why all the little servers get "hacked" / "ownedByAPersonWith0,001%KnowledgeAboutReversingAndAssembly".

Reaction score

That doesn't even make sense... Hard coding them into the client wouldn't make any difference. But by allowing users to be able to change this information freely from the server will save lots of time and prevent any unnecessary launcher updates.

The launcher is as you say it should be. It is a GUI for users, in which they can patch the client and login with. The extra features are there because it will allow developers/owners to have more control as there currently isn't a working operator tool that has been released. Also no one said a launcher can't have extra features, I don't see any problems with having these.

And yeah you can't code these other features into the server itself so there are only a few other limited options.

Because of the fact that users do not have an operator tool, I thought it would be a good idea to have such an feature. It will allow the owner/developer to but enable or disable maintenance mode meaning that whenever someone tries to login they will not be able to, but the server will still be open so that admins can still log in.

You talk about PHP being 'kiddy' I don't care if you think that because it is your opinion but as long as it gets the job done then that's fine. Also I stated in my main post that I am not an experienced or knowledgeable person when it comes to coding with any computer language and I am learning as I go a long. This was the reason it took me a long time to actually make a launcher and it will take me even longer to add the other features.

I was actually thinking about implementing this feature, way before Isya Online was released but I didn't have the time or knowledge of how to do it back then. I will still have to investigate how to do it when I come down to coding it and same goes for everything else. As I said, I am learning as I go a long.

If you have any suggestions for a feature to be added then feel free to post them on the thread, but if you feel something should not be added you can also post but with a reason as to why.

Success and nothing less
Reaction score
I like the way u try to open your posts with a sentence that is basically addressed to a audience. Could be a sign of loneliness and a try trial to get a little attention. Or u really think u're something special in WWW, on fact u need a doc ASAP :eek:
Ah, and the way u try to pull down all my posts is really amusing, because i don't give a flying duck about every1 on da webz dat trai 2 biiiii c00l (maybe you notice the irony of my spelling someday).

@Topic: Just use my post above as a kind of hint. U can ignore it, but if you really hardcoding all these in a clientsided launcher it is no wonder why all the little servers get "hacked" / "ownedByAPersonWith0,001%KnowledgeAboutReversingAndAssembly".

You guys are looking for lil kiddies?

Reaction score
I like the way u try to open your posts with a sentence that is basically addressed to a audience. IT Could be a sign of loneliness and a try trial to get a little attention. Or u really think u're something special in WWW. In fact u need a doc ASAP :eek:
Ah, and the way u try to pull down all my posts is really amusing[No need for a comma Special person!] because I don't give a flying duck about everyone on The web that try to be cool (maybe you notice the irony of my spelling someday No. It's just pure retardation. ).

@Topic: Just use my post above as a kind of hint. You can ignore it, but if you really hardcoding all these in a client-sided launcher it is no wonder why all the little servers get "hacked" / "ownedByAPersonWith0,001%KnowledgeAboutReversingAndAssembly".

Bold = Fixes
Italics = Remove...

You illiterate duck.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That doesn't even make sense... Hard coding them into the client wouldn't make any difference.
No sense? Open client in HexEditor and u're able to multiclient without using any sandbox-tool.
Also able to bypass every "file-security".

And yeah you can't code these other features into the server itself so there are only a few other limited options.
Check the way the "server" now works. It´s a windows-service. Code your own service that listen to a port/server-socket and let it do the job all these bs php-scripts on most servers doing atm.

It will allow the owner/developer to but enable or disable maintenance mode meaning that whenever someone tries to login they will not be able to, but the server will still be open so that admins can still log in.
Easy to do with serversided launcher service.
Ur launcher only need to send requests to server-service and it´ll do everything else, u can let it return a error-code the launcher will assign to a message-popup for the user.

You talk about PHP being 'kiddy' I don't care if you think that because it is your opinion but as long as it gets the job done then that's fine.
Most of the released PHP-scripts are buggy and unsafe as hell. No SQL-Inject check, some handling incoming requests as String.Horror.

I was actually thinking about implementing this feature, way before Isya Online was released but I didn't have the time or knowledge of how to do it back then.
Hint: There isn't only a launcher. Their whole client and launcher runs in a virtual enviroment. It's splitted from Windows.Also the "Launcher.exe" is a container with runtime-packer. I also use the tool they used to create it,contains:
  • Encrypts all files placed in the container
  • Obfuscator
  • Runs without any .NET-Package installed
  • Only one .exe-file to run a whole program
  • No chance to modify files => Players not able to "hack"
  • No "crap-files" written to OS partition

Bold = Fixes
Italics = Remove...
Watch out, guys. We have a professional wannabe-smartass.
You're wasting my time sweety.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I'm just incapable to understand why whenever there is someone willing to do something,
a bad*ss, full of himself, (for this case that would be the same as say : full of sh**..)
just comes from the blue and feels bound to criticize while they never do a single release themselves.
at lest him , he try.

- "dude" , do something like him, do something for the community or at least something constructive with your life.. rather than wast your time by keep flaming and haunting the web like lonely ghost with an superiority complex. It's just an assumption but Maybe buy a life would be the solution?

I presume that i should forgive it to your narrow-minded "likl azz", you're at you're wit's end

how dare you criticize his project , while you do nothing yourself?... Be best to do something with bugs , errors etc rather than keep sitting on one's chair and criticize other's job.

Pointless.​

Last edited:
Reaction score
Someone suggested that I make a windows service to listen to ports instead of a php script, but that in itself is a whole different project. If you are willing to help go ahead.

I will try to make my PHP script safe if I don't move to a service because a service is much easier and so I believe to setup for someone and that would be the best way to go.

Also Isya Online has packed/encrypted most of their files into their launcher so no one (Well at least people who are not experienced) can really change any of the files.

Reaction score
No sense? Open client in HexEditor and u're able to multiclient without using any sandbox-tool.
Also able to bypass every "file-security".

Check the way the "server" now works. It´s a windows-service. Code your own service that listen to a port/server-socket and let it do the job all these bs php-scripts on most servers doing atm.

Easy to do with serversided launcher service.
Ur launcher only need to send requests to server-service and it´ll do everything else, u can let it return a error-code the launcher will assign to a message-popup for the user.

Most of the released PHP-scripts are buggy and unsafe as hell. No SQL-Inject check, some handling incoming requests as String.Horror.

Hint: There isn't only a launcher. Their whole client and launcher runs in a virtual enviroment. It's splitted from Windows.Also the "Launcher.exe" is a container with runtime-packer. I also use the tool they used to create it,contains:
  • Encrypts all files placed in the container
  • Obfuscator
  • Runs without any .NET-Package installed
  • Only one .exe-file to run a whole program
  • No chance to modify files => Players not able to "hack"
  • No "crap-files" written to OS partition

You're wasting my time sweety.

Then don't come here.

Plus no one cares about Isya - it looks poop and is poop.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Then don't come here.

Plus no one cares about Isya - it looks poop and is poop.

Thank you :)

And uhm...I don't know this guy "cyberghost" D:
no hate pls :(:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
At least Isya's bringing something new into private servers. They're not like other servers who copy eachother.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just ignore kids like Lunerica, "it" can't be a normal behaved human, some kind of frustrated monkey with keyboard tipping skills. Everytime it posts, it's full of hate and letters formed to non-sense sentences. Checked it's Server: > 0815,-
Something in it's life went wrong, so it tries to pull down others to feel fine for a moment.
Isya Online got some good and adult developers. Saw something like Weapon-Creation job, Clan-wars and so on.
"It's" server is still based on some Odin files (check ItemInfo.shn). Let it hate and just ignore it. #The cleverer give in

Reaction score
Just ignore kids like Lunerica, "it" can't be a normal behaved human, some kind of frustrated monkey with keyboard tipping skills. Everytime it posts, it's full of hate and letters formed to non-sense sentences. Checked it's Server: > 0815,-
Something in it's life went wrong, so it tries to pull down others to feel fine for a moment.
Isya Online got some good and adult developers. Saw something like Weapon-Creation job, Clan-wars and so on.
"It's" server is still based on some Odin files (check ItemInfo.shn). Let it hate and just ignore it. #The cleverer give in

awww how cute. Reverting to objectifying me. Atleast I am happy with my life and sexuality - unlike some. Plus you are going to right way to get banned (Y) - MentaL doesn't like people like you who objectify people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back