True MemberRank
    Jun 2009 Join Date
    UKLocation
    932Posts

Re: Server Merge

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Quote Originally Posted by Manova View Post
    Literally laughing my ass off. Made a level one char; only sees one person. I guess we know where everyone went. ^_^
    I don't understand, what happened? Where did everyone go to? o.o
    Last edited by MrFarbodD; 26-03-15 at 10:33 PM.

Fiesta Online | Developer | Contact me

True MemberRank
    Nov 2012 Join Date
    504Posts

Fiesta is dead. When are you guys gonna see that?

▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ 4Chan Presents▼ ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ►▲ ► An Anonymous Activist ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▲ ►We are Legion▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ We do not Forgive▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄We do not Forget ▲ ►▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Expect Us▼ ◄

True MemberRank
    Jul 2012 Join Date
    AustraliaLocation
    390Posts

Tbh, official is not 'dead'. Bijou/Epith still manage to get medium population on a daily basis. Towns like Roumen have never been extremely populated. Get on Epith, get a char to lv10 and go from Roumen to Elderine, huge difference.

But it's definitely heading towards being 'dead'.

ModeratorRank
    Sep 2012 Join Date
    USALocation
    388Posts

@Delius Roumen was extremely populated on Teva most of the time, died off after the outspark to gamigo change. I don't think anyone will want to spend time in Roumen anymore since gamigo changed its map (which is so ugly now, I hate it).

@Jaeru The reason they don't add more characters is because they can share storage. Neither Gamigo or Outspark are stupid. They know that players do create extra characters just for storage purposes. The limit on storage has always been one of their major money makers due to the iron case (it cost like $20 and it is per character, *just for people who don't know this*). As far as I know, Iron Box (the permanent shared storage increase) was only for sale once. Right after the outspark/gamigo change. Unfortunately, gamigo didn't support ultimate game card at this point which outspark had, so I couldn't buy it. (off-topic)

@\Everyone Personally, I am looking forward to the merge, mostly because KQ participation is dwindling and I'm also hoping that the in-game economy gets a boost too. None to happy with all the relationships being flushed, though. Especially, the marriage relationships, as my 'wife' doesn't play much anymore and thus I will lose the buff I paid for. (and I'm not gonna 'marry' just anyone)
    Happy Hacking!
    Programming: the power of creation at your fingertips

If you like my releases or think I post like a pro -> give me rep.
    If you want to thank me -> use the like button.
    Trickster Online Section Moderator

MemberRank
    Mar 2011 Join Date
    Puebla, MéxicoLocation
    52Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PyroSamurai View Post
    I am looking forward to the merge, mostly because KQ participation is dwindling and I'm also hoping that the in-game economy gets a boost too.
    I know what you mean and I agree, you gave me a real good argument about it but to be honest I don't think that a simple Server Merge will make the players they lost to return, I'll really love the fact of a server merge but that's not all they can do, even quitting what I said about increasing the chars limit, I don't really mind a lot about It, as you said an economy boost, I think classes are kinda unbalanced, adding functions to the game (like the cards collections but funnier, more than just collecting stuff), that's what I'm trying to say about them. I wouldn't just return if they strive about all that stuff, I have invited a lot of friends to play it when I was younger, I would do it again If I find in the future features the attractive game I met few years ago.
    - Tener la conciencia limpia es síntoma de mala memoria -

ModeratorRank
    Sep 2012 Join Date
    USALocation
    388Posts

@Jaeru For the most part, server merges on almost any game is not going to be about getting new players to join.
    Server merges are about making the game more enjoyable for the current players and/or consolidating hardware/software assets to make the game more cost efficient for the one hosting the game. The second is quite common these days with increasing usage of hypervisors.

Personally, in our case, it would be both as it is beneficial for both us and gamigo that the userbase is consolidated. Much like a tactical retreat and regroup of soldiers (or a defrag if you want to put it in computer terms), this server merge will make gameplay more efficient and orderly for everyone.
    You can't really do much playing solo in Fiesta, especially when you get past level 90.

I think the unbalanced classes really only effect pvp situations. I avoid pvp in general. I would be playing a FPS if I wanted to do pvp.

I wish they would stop making graphical changes to legacy town though. They just make them look ugly. I hope any private servers find a way to cut those map updates out of their games.

Anyways, I'll be watching what Gamigo does after it gets everything orderly with this merge.
    Hopefully they aren't just making us comfortable like an elderly home.
    Happy Hacking!
    Programming: the power of creation at your fingertips

If you like my releases or think I post like a pro -> give me rep.
    If you want to thank me -> use the like button.
    Trickster Online Section Moderator

The OmegaRank
    Apr 2005 Join Date

They should've merged servers years ago. The few times i gave Fiesta an actual shot on the official servers, the game felt way too dead. I don't mind playing a shit game with people to talk to, but playing a shit game alone is just, well, shit.
    RF-Dev Team

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Advertisement