Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Server Merge

Libre Software Dev
Developer
Reaction score
@Jaeru For the most part, server merges on almost any game is not going to be about getting new players to join.
Server merges are about making the game more enjoyable for the current players and/or consolidating hardware/software assets to make the game more cost efficient for the one hosting the game. The second is quite common these days with increasing usage of hypervisors.

Personally, in our case, it would be both as it is beneficial for both us and gamigo that the userbase is consolidated. Much like a tactical retreat and regroup of soldiers (or a defrag if you want to put it in computer terms), this server merge will make gameplay more efficient and orderly for everyone.
You can't really do much playing solo in Fiesta, especially when you get past level 90.

I think the unbalanced classes really only effect pvp situations. I avoid pvp in general. I would be playing a FPS if I wanted to do pvp.

I wish they would stop making graphical changes to legacy town though. They just make them look ugly. I hope any private servers find a way to cut those map updates out of their games.

Anyways, I'll be watching what Gamigo does after it gets everything orderly with this merge.
Hopefully they aren't just making us comfortable like an elderly home.

Back