Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
[strike]There are sections on RZ right now that have no official released files, they're pure emulator-based and thriving, because individuals KNOW that work has to be done, and get it done, where as almost all people in this community are too lazy to put any effort into producing a solution (doesn't have to be an emulator; even a proxy to filter known abuse cases via packets - could even have similar features of an emulator in the sense that it keeps a shadow copy of the data for validation) and seek some official product to have "fun" with (ahem; $$$).

I think the only individuals left who have any ounce of fucks to give for this game are those who only want to copy/paste all content and make some rate-changes, all the competent people have moved on.[/strike]

Can't anymore, Perl awaits me.

Definitely need chemo after surfing this section.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
[strike]There are sections on RZ right now that have no official released files, they're pure emulator-based and thriving, because individuals KNOW that work has to be done, and get it done, where as almost all people in this community are too lazy to put any effort into producing a solution (doesn't have to be an emulator; even a proxy to filter known abuse cases via packets - could even have similar features of an emulator in the sense that it keeps a shadow copy of the data for validation) and seek some official product to have "fun" with (ahem; $$$).

I'm sure there are, but something else that those 'Sections' or communities also have that this community does not, how to word this, a willingness to help? To teach? Which in recent insight or even looking back at the past, this community clearly lacks. Of course some people are gonna be lazy, and look to leech as much as they possibly can; but there's also plenty that are willing to learn. This community seems to lack a sense of guidance though, as much the leechers faults as is the lack of, or willingness to teach/help, IMO. As it appears most people want to be spoon fed, but those few people that actually do come along looking for guidance and showing a willingness to learn often get criticized for their work or efforts, even though they're obviously just starting out or reaching out for a little assistance.

Spamfag, Springfag, Samefag.

This is the response I saw towards someone today asking for help, in the help section. Things like this don't help build or motivate a community, they just tear it down. The fiesta section is basically filled with this kinda attitude.

As for the Emulator/Proxy filter scenarios, instead of just pointing it out as if everyone should've known.. why not point people in the right direction? How does one abuse said packets, how does one find said packets, maybe point said person(s) towards tutorials or classes or such that could help them progress themselves?

Also @Gruntilda, I'm un-sure on what you plan on doing with the current files you hold, but if you can't figure out what to do with them ( Judging off your last few projects, that all well developed, obviously were ran straight into the ground by their own staff teams ), why not hand them on to, or release to people who could actually develop on and work with them? I mean, you have them so obviously it's your decision on what to do with them, but these are just my views. No disrespect intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back