Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

A Word Of Thanks To All

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just wanted to take a moment to say thanks.

I am rather new to the RZ forum (just a cpl of months or so) and have spent that time reading, studying, searching, and researching all three sections of this forum.There fore I have remained "silent" untill now. The two primary reasons for this are :

1) I believe in working to achieve a goal rather than asking others questions that can be found, and expecting to be "spoon fed"
2) I am greatful for this forum and it's contents and yet often find it necessary to sift through many pages, often filled with drama & conflict to find needed information. I personally prefer to keep the drama and conflict exclusively between myself and the mobs I take on while enjoying ther game LOL.

I have frequently run across posts that I have found helpful as well as usefull and have learned much from many of you through those posts. For this I am greatfull.

My family and I have played the Fiesta game many years now (emphasis on many) and will continue to play the game for many years to come. After my daughter had a problem with an online preditor while playing on one particular Pserver, I set out with the goal to set up a small pserver exclusively for our family to play the game on.

Although I have an extensive technical background, many of the concepts encountered here are new to me. Through this forum I have accomplished much toward accomplishing that goal. Still stumped on a few things but I am getting there and have a working version of the game here locally. I particularily enjoy each new learning experience I encounter.

Anyway, Thanks much, to everyone, and keep up the good work

Best regards

Success and nothing less
Reaction score
After my daughter had a problem with an online preditor while playing on one particular Pserver, I set out with the goal to set up a small pserver exclusively for our family to play the game on.

LOL, I already figured who. Such a boss.

Anyways, welcome to the community I guess.

Reaction score
Untitled2 - A Word Of Thanks To All - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@ hamisgod87 Interesting question..... Well I truely have not been lurking. i just Enjoy lerarning and I truely believe in making every effort possible to learn from hands on trial and error, studying and researching. As mentioned before, I do not expect to be spoon fed. I refuse to be a bothersome lackie that does nothing but ask for things that can be discovered by research and study.

Having said that..... I would truely like to contribute to this communitee, but there are so many, like yourself, that are so much more experienced, and there fore I feel learning is my best plan of action for now. Perhaps some day I will be able to contribute. I look forward to that day as I am greatfull for what I have learned from you all.

I live by the motto " Knowledge Is Wasted Unless Shared" and thus I am willing to share what I have learned, but in comparison, there are many of you that are truely better qualified. I am willing to share/help with what I can, but only to the limits of my knowledge base. Beyond that the expression "I dont know, but lets go see if we can find the answer and we all learn " applies.

Best regards

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
God damn it, Stu.

Laughed my butt off to this, epic poop.

Welcome to the community, be sure to do as much trial/error as you can before asking dozens of questions, and a lot of people around here hate spoon feeding, so prepare to be taught how to do things rather than them being done for you.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@ Myth

Thanks for the welcome

Rest assured, trial/error is where I am at currently. I have learned much from all of you ( I am greatfull ) and with each trial and each error I learn. My recycle bin has been a constant source of deletion, clearing verbose logs ROFL. But anywho with every step is a learning experience. As far as "asking dozens of questions", well if I dont try I dont learn, if spoon fed I dont learn, and learning is 99% of the excitement factor. rest assured, when and if i do ask questions, it will only be to ask to be pointed in the right direction and not to have something just handed to me

Again, thanks for the welcome

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'm also new. I've been doing the same thing as you. Welcome and GL with your server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@ TheFoig

Thanks and welcome to you as well. as you know I am new and still learning. There are many that are more qualified, but if there is any possibility that i can help or share what I have learned thus far dont hesitate to ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back