Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

79 Online - A Community Project

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi there RageZone! Long time lurker, first time poster.

79Online is a project that I've had planned for many years, despite not being a developer. I've spoke to many people over the years and the interest in a 79 Cap server was surprisingly more than I expected.
The concept is very simple: A 79 Cap Legacy server that's as close to retail as it once was. Standard, aggravating rates, an intense lack of CS and a real sense of adventure and challenge. Created by the community, for the community. Self-sustaining and as non-profit as possible.

Originally I had planned to work on the server myself but due to my semi-retarded brain and lack of time I really couldn't comprehend a lot of the ins and outs. Awhile ago I played around a little with the Shine files and a Dedi and had a terrible, but working version of 79Online. A few months later I was talking with a close friend and a developer, who has great old files but no server files - we had planned to use the emulator he was working on to use those files and create our authentic experience. But he is far too busy with his job. I gave up hope for a few months and realised RageZone might be the place to post and try to help this come alive.
If any of you Fiesta Vets, experienced developers or just like-minded individuals are interested in contributing to this project and helping me relive my childhood please post below.

Here's a trailer I created months back when we were full steam ahead.

I realise this is a long shot and I'm not expecting a miracle. But I've got my fingers crossed a few of you might be interested in doing something like this and finally giving me the game I've been dying to play again for many many years. All the best!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Good luck on your project, while a Vanilla pserver sounds good a lot of the people who play are looking for new content, that's why whenever a server releases everyone is quick to jump onto it, play it for a month and then quit since it gets played out. Ive only been in the Fiesta community for 2-3 years give or take, and there are prob people here with double or more time who may or may not agree with some stuff I will say but the player base for Fiesta pservers gets bored rather quickly, Ive already come and gone only to pop in every now and then and maybe release or share something ive been working on in my spare time since I use Fiesta to view my 3d work but since a lot of the recent releases are mostly things to aid development for a server there hasnt really been any real content releases in the past year or so. Any "new" content that does come out is usually just a rip from another game supported by the nif format, ripped from another server or just re-textured mobs/CS items that people have probably seen before.

but good luck regardless, hope something like this does get released as I would like to feel nostalgia in playing a server similar to old school Fiesta

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks for your response!
You'd be surprised how much content you have to do in order to level - your average player won't be able to cap in a month. Plus 79 cap was all about min-maxing your greens and farming a copious amount of KQS. Which won't interest the newer Fiesta Players.

There's no doubt it's gonna be harder to get a player base, but I truly believe there is one. It'd be a really unique experience too, just people playing the base game as it was. Everyone knows everyone. Saving your quests for your grind levels, disgusting amounts of repeat quests, making a 50 perm for Honeying KQ. Crafting meaning something. Basically taking Fiesta back to what made it such an appealing game to us all as kids.

xkl

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yeah the player base would be difficult, but that's an issue with upcoming servers anyways.
Honestly, it's an okay idea and wouldn't hard to do at all. But, I know I've seen a server or two attempt this in the past before (could be wrong) and I don't think it survived long.

I would like to see a server like that tho. Just strictly classic Fiesta. No weird butt, recolored, custom(ized) items and mobs, moved around maps & bloated NPCs flooded everywhere, etc, etc.

But, I think this game has reached it's life cycle imo. So I don't think a server like that would take off too well, but it's worth a shot man. Just do it and see what happens, and hope for the best!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Well the petition I made many years ago had a some signatures -
I really think I can drum up the people. It's just a case of getting a team together to actually start making the game, the second it looks like we have something suitable for an audience, I'll start advertising the hell out of it.

And thanks for your support! :]

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Is this still a thing? I'd like to help.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'd be interested in being a part of this. It's a great concept, and would definitely relive nostalgia. Possibly even give the developers to recreate more content that sticks with the already existent theme. The only thing that concerns me is 1. How to get a player base to stick. 2. How to keep from reaching that wall that happens once players have come to the cap etc. (staging your releases for the already existing cap breaks may be a solution if it's executed in the right manner, in other words, doing it more efficiently than the official version) 3. Expanding on what fiesta already has is crucial as even though there is nostalgia to it, the freshness of nostalgia only lasts so long before a group of players decide that reliving that already existent memory once in the same manner is "fulfillment" of that urge. It would be essential to recreate the experience in a fresh new way, that doesn't feel intrusive, but still invites players to continue to enjoy the nostalgia past that boundary of "fulfillment". This could end up being very simple, or very complex and tedious with no real results. Only time, and proper preparation and commitment would be able to tell.

Back