Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Custom Classes

Dec

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hi guys, some of you may remember around November last year I started the task of adding custom classes to the game.

I was pretty successful and managed to get in game, as well as:
  • Custom portrait color (the purple, can be any rgb/opengl color)
  • Completely separate folder for models (reschar/pirate-f, pirate-m) - although for now I just copied the fighter-m/f and update the kfm files
  • Some SHN support - at the moment I can only recall reading via the ChrCreateEquip.shn, so I could set the items on char create to any item. There are more, but I can't recall which SHN's I added support for
  • Oh, also support for some text based stuff such as the text displayed on the char create description of the class

I started working this all into a DLL, so it could be truly dynamic and custom with a config like so (THIS WILL BE UPDATED):
Code:
[Game]
[
	{
		"ID": 28,
		"Name": "Pirate",
		"Children": [
			{
				"ID": 29,
				"Name": "Mate",
					{
						"ID": 30,
						"Name": "Gunner",
							{
								"ID": 31,
								"Name": "Admiral"
							},
							{
								"ID": 32,
								"Name": "Captain"
							}
						]
					}
				]
			}
		]
	},
	{
		"ID": 33,
		"Name": "Necromancer"
	}
]

So I guess the big question is, is this even worth continuing, does anybody even care anymore? To me it was just a bit of fun really.

(Oh, I also added extended texture support for interfaces, e.g. MainInterface_NEW_1.dds or whatever they are again, either way this was useful for adding new interface graphics)

Anyway, here's some screens:
Dec - Custom Classes - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
So I guess the big question is, is this even worth continuing, does anybody even care anymore? To me it was just a bit of fun really.

I don't think there is really anyone left to care :p But I mean, if your still enjoying working on it then why not continue?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Well, this is quite the feat. I'm quite curious, is there any limitation in regards to animations (as in, creating different animations for single/dual handed weapons, similar to fighters)? Also is there any chance of seeing this work within the CN client? This one last question is most likely retarded, but is it possible for the hook to override an existing class and make changes to it (say, for example, to be able to have different animations for wands and staves)?

Solid job as usual.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well.. if He added a pirate straight from a fighter.. editing the animations and everything else should be extremely easy.. And you could easily edit or just make new.. I can not wait till this is a thing so I can finally add in many classes!... I wonder if you could add in more than 1 class to be custom tho.. like 2-3 more! (leaving the rest their)

Dec

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I duplicated the fighter models and animations and updated any kfm files to address "Pirate" instead of "Fighter". If we can edit the animation files, then I see no reason why new animations would be a problem? New models are easy enough also.

AtPixel in theory we can add as many as we'd like up to whatever limits are in the exe/server. I'd imagine this is the "ClassID" data size (which I can't recall) and whatever the bitmap limit is on the WhoEquip (which I think has changed anyway).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'd imagine this is the "ClassID" data size (which I can't recall) and whatever the bitmap limit is on the WhoEquip (which I think has changed anyway).

I think 2016 files + don't use WhoEquip anymore. They reference the actual class ID number.

Back