Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Editor

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hi
I've started to venture into c# programming.
I feel like this will be a great way for me to gain some experience/knowledge, as well as provide something nice to the community.
What I want to do is create a tool that can be used for everything: tables, shn files, service management, and more (?)
So what I'm asking is what would you, the Fiesta community (or what's left of it), need or use in a tool like this.
Please post a description of your desired "feature" as well.
Along development of this project, I'll upload various sources, updates, questions, and screenshots for/of the tool.

Please keep in mind the questions are to help me learn and correct my mistakes.
As I stated, I am just learning c#, and though I'm a very quick learner, there's many things that I've never ran into.

P.S. plsnohate

Update 4/5/2015
- Added file backup functionality. If set, the program automatically creates a backup file when you save
- Added file tree. Look through files and drag them right onto the workspace (multiple files allowed)
- Added skin list. Can set different skins on the form

Screenshots
wjMouEe - Editor - RaGEZONE Forums

XNMkzXM - Editor - RaGEZONE Forums

ECxLZ5q - Editor - RaGEZONE Forums

Questions
I'm having trouble with implementing the "Save All" function. It only saves the most recently opened file. Maybe because the path is not updated for each page's open file?

Would anyone know a thing or two about copy and paste functionality with DevExpress grid controls? I'm a bit stuck on that. I know there's a copy method with their GridViews, but there's no Paste method as far as I can tell.

Thanks

Credits so far:
Gruntilda - For default application layout and look
MrFarbod - File association, base source code

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
A good looking and useful op tool would be great and a help for many of us.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Actually, the "SHNEditor" is outdated since years, the original code isn't clean, and CSharp said himself it was more or less trial-and-error, that he didn't really know what he was doing and that he'd do a lot of things different if he were to do it again.
None the less, you should take a look at the FiestaLib he developed (long after the orignal SHNEditor):
It's open sourced, so you can do any changes you'd like to hit and therefore it should offer a solid base.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Actually, the "SHNEditor" is outdated since years, the original code isn't clean, and CSharp said himself it was more or less trial-and-error, that he didn't really know what he was doing and that he'd do a lot of things different if he were to do it again.
None the less, you should take a look at the FiestaLib he developed (long after the orignal SHNEditor):
It's open sourced, so you can do any changes you'd like to hit and therefore it should offer a solid base.
Will definitely use this. Thank you :)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I want Fiesta Shark incorporated into your application, and the Action Editor as well, oh and a Quest Editor as well.

Greetz,
Miff.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Actually, lets keep FiestaShark a tool on it's own. I do not think it's needed for "generall" pserver-'development' and it doesn't seem to be a good idea to me, to integrate it - its not an editor.
I should really re-do / show it some love though. Also everybody is welcome to improve on it - you can find a public repository under (please fork and make pull requests with changes though)

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Assuming this is the correct link you were trying to direct to.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Would anyone happen to have the iQuest source.

Updated main post. Please read the questions section.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Well I only have the iQuest source for the 08 files, but I hope it helps.

I'll look at this. Thank you

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Will you make this open source or closed source? If you plan to open source it I'd recommend having a repository. If you'd like to have it closed sourced at first you can host it @ bitbucket, they have private repos.
Once the weekend is over, I'd might be able to help you debug that NullRefrenceException

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Will you make this open source or closed source? If you plan to open source it I'd recommend having a repository. If you'd like to have it closed sourced at first you can host it @ bitbucket, they have private repos.
Once the weekend is over, I'd might be able to help you debug that NullRefrenceException
I'll eventually make it open sourced.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
That's nice and reassuring to hear - thank you for that.
Yeah, I want to get at least a base version out before I make it open sourced. By base version I mean have everything working.

Updated main post with the code for the table save button in hope of some help.

Last edited:
Back