Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Fiesta 2.0 - Client in UE4

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So,

We all know Fiesta is well on it's way to death; pservers and even official fiesta seems like it's on the decline. The thing that Fiesta is most limited by is it's game engine, Gamebryo. So, over the past month, we've been putting together a client built in Unreal Engine 4. We want some feedback along with some suggestions on what could be added to our client to further improve it or just any general ideas/questions/whatever. Please watch all 3 short videos before commenting though. Some questions are answered in them.

Please remember: This has only been worked on for a month. Also, another thing to keep in mind is positioning and movement. The fiesta maps now are very small compared to Unreal maps. going from position (1000, 1000) to (1010, 1010) on the regular client is going about 500 units. On unreal, that is going only 10 units. As a result, things on our client are a little more clumped together when connecting to a live fiesta server. However, this issue is resolved when we connect to our custom server, made specifically for this client.

In the following video, we connect to Uruga on Isya server on Fiesta NA.

This video gives details about graphics, and how easy we made our client be able to change every model in the game.

Here is the first video we made, a little battle testing.

Dec

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Absolutely stunning - will still require a lot of work, but the progress so far is outstanding!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
You're telling me it wouldn't have taken OnsOn or Gamigo but a month to update fiesta's graphics.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Why not just make your own game at that point? You could even take ideas from Fiesta, but what's the point of cloning it on a newer engine? Better off making your own game if you're going to do that.
because they're having fun. stay in yo own lane kid

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Interesting... reach out if you'd like an additional hand :) Love to see where I could help

There's the toxicity we know and love haha.

Plenty of good reasons to stick to Fiesta and plenty of reasons to make a new game as well. With Fiesta you get to 'piggy back' off existing content + ideas as well as the reputable name. A new game you need to come up with your own playerbase, idea's, content, etc.

Last edited:
◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
I think he knows more about Fiesta than you'll ever know. So stay in your own lane kid.

Anyways he is totally right asking this question since I asked it myself as well. But then in the end if the people developing this client are having fun then it's up to them to decide what they do with the project. Basically what Delius said.

Reaction score
Interesting... reach out if you'd like an additional hand :) Love to see where I could help

Plenty of good reasons to stick to Fiesta and plenty of reasons to make a new game as well. With Fiesta you get to 'piggy back' off existing content + ideas as well as the reputable name. A new game you need to come up with your own playerbase, idea's, content, etc.

That's great and I completely support them, but I'm just curious as to why honestly. Because you're effectively recreating the game, you can keep the same contents and game play and improve it, but I don't know, I would rather not get into the legality issues with that to be honest.

In terms of playerbase, Fiesta has not much left, you would be just as better off starting from ground zero and then inviting all of your Fiesta friends and players onto your new game, because most of them would probably be willing to give it a try, if you advertise it.

Anyway, whatever floats your boat I suppose, good luck!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
To answer the question about making our own game, we are.

While we were first starting exploring the engine, we realized that the best and fastest way to use UE4 for an MMO (which it is for sure not made for) is to use what we already know best: Fiesta.

Why would we spend months even years working on a new server backend, when we already have a 100% complete fiesta emulator (that actually works wink wink). We decided the best course of action would to get the client matching to our emulator software. Once that is complete, we have the source to a fully working client, and a fully working server. From there, we can start making all the changes we want; ultimately turning it into a whole new game of our own. Possibilities from there on are endless.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I think he knows more about Fiesta than you'll ever know. So stay in your own lane kid.
Funny, just because i have a new ragezone account, doesn't mean i know any less than farbod. I also used to be an acquaintance of Farbod, hearing that come from me in my skype messages he wouldn't have thought anything by it. But from you, i'm sure you know nothing of me nor what i'm capable of doing.

IKR. I didn't do it to be toxic, i did it because it was toxic, at least in my point of view. Don't bring your judgement's on someone who's just having fun. - IrreIM. Mischief. Big Teacher.

--- edit---
spoon are you still working on this ? I'd like an update o.o discord timelyXO#3089 . Laptop was stolen. All accounts hacked. So i've been out for awhile.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hopefully this gets a lot of progress, fiesta has always had an amazing baseline for an mmorpg. Obviously it's nowhere near perfect, but what mmorpg ever is? lol Not only has it always had a huge backing, whether or not a fraction of the fans still play it or not. Whether they're active in the scene, or just come in periodically out of curiosity, it will always have interest as long as developers continue to work on it simply fueled by nostalgia and genera interest in rooting for the "underdog" so to speak. I have been thinking from seeing a lot of the same copy pasta servers that this particular concept is definitely a gateway to expanding immensely on the future and health of fiesta. There are plenty of ways to still keep the feel of fiesta around, while allowing for graphical updates and even more depth in game-play and design.

Keep it up, I for sure will be looking forward to updates! :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I now this is a bit late, but these videos are now private, anyway we can still view them?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Speculating here, but I think this project shifted in to this:

Lot's of promising/interesting videos around on this.

"Promising" is much said. They've delayed a preview video for 2 months now, no more info is being given to players and they've moved back to Fiesta with their old 2015 emulator. Oath is mostlikely gonna be another massive scam knowing Stu, especially now that they're focussing more on Fiesta than on their 150k+ funded game, lmao.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
"Promising" is much said. They've delayed a preview video for 2 months now, no more info is being given to players and they've moved back to Fiesta with their old 2015 emulator. Oath is mostlikely gonna be another massive scam knowing Stu, especially now that they're focussing more on Fiesta than on their 150k+ funded game, lmao.

Fair enough. I don't actually follow the game lmao. Just know of it.

Back