Fiesta 2.0 - Client in UE4

MemberRank
    Aug 2018 Join Date
    2Posts

talk Fiesta 2.0 - Client in UE4

So,

We all know Fiesta is well on it's way to death; pservers and even official fiesta seems like it's on the decline. The thing that Fiesta is most limited by is it's game engine, Gamebryo. So, over the past month, we've been putting together a client built in Unreal Engine 4. We want some feedback along with some suggestions on what could be added to our client to further improve it or just any general ideas/questions/whatever. Please watch all 3 short videos before commenting though. Some questions are answered in them.

Please remember: This has only been worked on for a month. Also, another thing to keep in mind is positioning and movement. The fiesta maps now are very small compared to Unreal maps. going from position (1000, 1000) to (1010, 1010) on the regular client is going about 500 units. On unreal, that is going only 10 units. As a result, things on our client are a little more clumped together when connecting to a live fiesta server. However, this issue is resolved when we connect to our custom server, made specifically for this client.

In the following video, we connect to Uruga on Isya server on Fiesta NA.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DaQVxgG0UI

This video gives details about graphics, and how easy we made our client be able to change every model in the game.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn2VzelznQE

Here is the first video we made, a little battle testing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_OzlrPDbrw

True MemberRank
    Aug 2012 Join Date
    217Posts

Re: Fiesta 2.0 - Client in UE4

Absolutely stunning - will still require a lot of work, but the progress so far is outstanding!

SubscriberRank
    Apr 2012 Join Date
    SomewhereLocation
    151Posts

I'm in love <3 I can not wait to work with those graphics! Love love loveeeee low poly meshes!
    +1

True MemberRank
    Jan 2012 Join Date
    392Posts

outrageously gorgeous

MemberRank
    Jun 2015 Join Date
    46Posts

You're telling me it wouldn't have taken OnsOn or Gamigo but a month to update fiesta's graphics.

True MemberRank
    Aug 2012 Join Date
    266Posts

Why is Thor playing Fiesta? lmao

True MemberRank
    Jun 2009 Join Date
    UKLocation
    955Posts

Why not just make your own game at that point? You could even take ideas from Fiesta, but what's the point of cloning it on a newer engine? Better off making your own game if you're going to do that.

Fiesta Online | Developer | Contact me

MemberRank
    Feb 2018 Join Date
    2Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrFarbodD View Post
    Why not just make your own game at that point? You could even take ideas from Fiesta, but what's the point of cloning it on a newer engine? Better off making your own game if you're going to do that.
    because they're having fun. stay in yo own lane kid

True MemberRank
    Jul 2012 Join Date
    AustraliaLocation
    402Posts

Interesting... reach out if you'd like an additional hand :) Love to see where I could help

Quote Originally Posted by xTimex View Post
    There's the toxicity we know and love haha.

Plenty of good reasons to stick to Fiesta and plenty of reasons to make a new game as well. With Fiesta you get to 'piggy back' off existing content + ideas as well as the reputable name. A new game you need to come up with your own playerbase, idea's, content, etc.
    Last edited by Delius; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:20 AM.

MemberRank
    Feb 2018 Join Date
    2Posts

Last edited by xTimex; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:00 AM.

ModeratorRank
    May 2007 Join Date
    InternetLocation
    2,574Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xTimex View Post
    I think he knows more about Fiesta than you'll ever know. So stay in your own lane kid.

Anyways he is totally right asking this question since I asked it myself as well. But then in the end if the people developing this client are having fun then it's up to them to decide what they do with the project. Basically what @Delius said.

Moderator & Developer
    I CAN NOT HELP YOU WITH YOUR SERVER, USE THE CORRECT HELP SECTION INSTEAD.
    I AM ONLY TAIGA ON RAGEZONE!

DO NOT PM ME FOR GAME RELATED QUESTIONS, THESE MESSAGES WILL BE IGNORED!

True MemberRank
    Jun 2009 Join Date
    UKLocation
    955Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Delius View Post
    Interesting... reach out if you'd like an additional hand :) Love to see where I could help

There's the toxicity we know and love haha.

Plenty of good reasons to stick to Fiesta and plenty of reasons to make a new game as well. With Fiesta you get to 'piggy back' off existing content + ideas as well as the reputable name. A new game you need to come up with your own playerbase, idea's, content, etc.
    That's great and I completely support them, but I'm just curious as to why honestly. Because you're effectively recreating the game, you can keep the same contents and game play and improve it, but I don't know, I would rather not get into the legality issues with that to be honest.

In terms of playerbase, Fiesta has not much left, you would be just as better off starting from ground zero and then inviting all of your Fiesta friends and players onto your new game, because most of them would probably be willing to give it a try, if you advertise it.

Anyway, whatever floats your boat I suppose, good luck!

Fiesta Online | Developer | Contact me

MemberRank
    Aug 2018 Join Date
    2Posts

To answer the question about making our own game, we are.

While we were first starting exploring the engine, we realized that the best and fastest way to use UE4 for an MMO (which it is for sure not made for) is to use what we already know best: Fiesta.

Why would we spend months even years working on a new server backend, when we already have a 100% complete fiesta emulator (that actually works wink wink). We decided the best course of action would to get the client matching to our emulator software. Once that is complete, we have the source to a fully working client, and a fully working server. From there, we can start making all the changes we want; ultimately turning it into a whole new game of our own. Possibilities from there on are endless.

Advertisement