Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

MasterServer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
[PatchHandler]
Patches are downloaded from : URLDownload or TCP
[Done]
Send patches through Custom TCP Protocl
[Done]
Extract patches [Done]

[DatabaseHandler]
Connects to the database
[Done]

[LoginHandler]
Get Username and Password from Client
[Done]
Secure Username and Password
[Done]
Check if user is not IP Banned or Banned [Not Done]
Check if the data is correct,db connect
[Done]
Generate token and insert it into database
[Done]
Return token
[Done]

Too lazy to write ,here's the current development of the launcher :

P.S If there are mistakes in DatabaseHandler , i didn't have a database to work with,maybe someone can
help me out with that,if they are mistakes in the code lemme know,i'll gladly correct em.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Re: [Fiesta] MasterServer

so this is a launcher? what's different than the other launchers?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Download the source and look for yourself :)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Don't do this... You can restart your Router or use a VPN to Bypass this.
So it is pretty useless.

At all it isn't much different then the other Launchers. It doesn't require a Webserver
for the Patches or the Login. Nothing special tbh...

And btw - try to keep the dependencies as low as you can because it needs
.Net Framework 4.5 and yeah....

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Don't do this... You can restart your Router or use a VPN to Bypass this.
So it is pretty useless.

At all it isn't much different then the other Launchers. It doesn't require a Webserver
for the Patches or the Login. Nothing special tbh...

And btw - try to keep the dependencies as low as you can because it needs
.Net Framework 4.5 and yeah....

1.I'm not sure if ur a coder or anything and i ain't trying to be mean but have you heard of Fingerprint?(unique computer id) xP
2.You are right ,Windows 7 and Vista have by default .net framework 2.5 and 3 pre-installed,i'll try to lower it,thanks for the suggestion.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

1.I'm not sure if ur a coder or anything and i ain't trying to be mean but have you heard of Fingerprint?(unique computer id) xP

If you mean "Coder" as a kind of C#/VB.Net Script Kiddy - no i'm not.
You can change your HWID in few secs so yeah - this isn't a solution.

And even if you do all of this stuff - do not forget that you still use C# which can be deobfuscated very fast and
an attacker could just write a "basic" Launcher which sends all the Infos the Server needs and can then
change the hwid.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

If you mean "Coder" as a kind of C#/VB.Net Script Kiddy - no i'm not.
You can change your HWID in few secs so yeah - this isn't a solution.

And even if you do all of this stuff - do not forget that you still use C# which can be deobfuscated very fast and
an attacker could just write a "basic" Launcher which sends all the Infos the Server needs and can then
change the hwid.

I know you are probably thinking that C# is lame and ur probably using high-level programming language like ASM or MC but most of the employees who work with C# (I know for a fact,cuz i got someone in my family) have like 5k per month will disagree with you xP.
So what if he makes a "basic" launcher? most of the security will be done within the server not the client.

P.S Can you show me / tell me what kind of programming language do you use? (C++ maybe?nah too eazy)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hmmm...you could load the client into the launcher ? (array of bytes) then let the launcher create the actual client exe in Temp folder (launcher stays on if the client is on) . As soon as the client is shut down,delete the exe.I guess they could bypass this too ....easily...

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Then you would have to have the WHOLE Client in the Temp Folder.
I know 1 Server who does this but i don't remember the name x.x

As soon as you click on "Play" the Launcher creates a new packed Client with a random name.
But there you only have to enable UAC and before the Client starts and the UAC Request comes,
just replace the Client ...

It is pretty easy tbh - Write a dll which does all these checks and then it sends the stuff to the server.
Inject the dll via Manual Mapping and everything is fine.

From time to time just change something in the .dll which will also be send to the Server (like the Hash etc.)
and if it is the wrong hash - you know someone is manipulating the .dll

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

2.You are right ,Windows 7 and Vista have by default .net framework 2.5 and 3 pre-installed,i'll try to lower it,thanks for the suggestion.

He is actually right about the deobfuscation, that is, if you use obfuscation to begin with. But that is the nature of languages such as CSharp and one of the trade-offs you do. It is spreading because of the safety and all the feature's it has built into the CLR.
To be honest, the lower level languages can just as easily be deobfuscated. The difference is that C# is way easier converted back into actual source code.

Also, you got the order wrong, ASM/C/C++ are "lower"-level languages than things like C#/F#/Java.

The whole point he was making btw, is that the Server would've require to trust the client to send the right data, which can easily be faked.
The problem you'll be facing is that you have to make sure that your server is actually communicating with your client, which is non-trivial. However, truth to be told, a few very easy measures should be enough for this community.

Reaction score

Closing this thread because it is too old and has been necro'd. If you would like to continue this conversation / development, please open a new thread in the appropriate section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back