Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Service Manager w/Log tailer - Showcase

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I bet this is the wrong place to put this, but it WILL become a release soon.
This is the culmination of getting tired of digging through folders to find out what crashed, and constantly refreshing Services.msc to figure out if the server is running.

Sneak peek:
XCnr4os - Service Manager w/Log tailer - Showcase - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Re: [WIP] [Release] Service Manager w/Log tailer

I think most of us have something like this already. I have on that will wipe the server, search for characters, etc.
working on a program that will reset specific quests for all characters every week, so weekly quests are a thing.

this will good for people who don't know how to make their own programs, id suggest adding a feature to pick the services so if they are named something else, this could be used.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Yeah, it'll probably be an XML with the config, but this is gonna be really generic, so lots of people can use it easily. At this point, I don't plan on having any OPTool-like functionality, just service management, logging and configuration. I'm going to work on the OPTool too, but this comes first.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

I had a tool that kinda work but gave up on it. It let me monitor all trades that were completed.
It was so so, and never worked out the bugs.

Another dev I knew had a project (dont know if he actually did it, or what happen to him)
but was working on a program to monitor players income, it would compare logs every hour and out put them to show how many Copper, Silver, Gold, or Gems players were gaining. It would spill it into a list sorted by the biggest number. So he could see if someone had made over 35783248902723784 Gems in a hour, day, week, etc.
I kinda seen it work, but it wasnt the easiest tool to work with, and dont know if it was ever finished.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Welp, my dev VM had a nasty crash and I lost all my source. I don't plan on working on this again either, so this thread can be closed or deleted.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Welp, my dev VM had a nasty crash and I lost all my source. I don't plan on working on this again either, so this thread can be closed or deleted.

Let this be a lesson, always have a backup.

I'd rec commend Github, the $5 a month for private projects is definitely worth it. Even if you do just leave it as a backup and not use the other features it has.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
who even uses private github, use gitlab its for free there...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I get free private repos for being a student, but I just hadn't gotten to integrating git into VS yet. At least now I can make something better, and faster with less gross code.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
who even uses private github, use gitlab its for free there...
Bitbucket is also a good free alternative, only their interface and lack of statistics are a downer.

I just hadn't gotten to integrating git into VS yet. At least now I can make something better, and faster with less gross code.

Practice makes perfect, code reviews and refactoring help a lot.
Open-sourcing can help you to get more people to work on it.
I assume this is a WinForm project? Try to re-make it in XAML which is now the standard used.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes, it was WinForms. I had also lost the launcher as well, and remade that with WPF (I assume that's what you meant by XAML). I actually found a third-party program that did the trick, but I may come back to this project later.

Back