Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

SHN Editor

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Farbod, will you add me on skype, want to talk about a problem I am having, hard to explain without showing you, screenshot won't cut it. A problem with loading SHN's with the R G B collumns, and Undefined## collumns.

Reaction score
- Exp Rate Editor
- xls opens
- Easy Item Adder :)

Experience rate editor? Just open MobInfoServer.shn then click Column > Multiply. Select the MonEXP tab and then type the value you want to multiply it by, i.e 6 will mean you have 6x experience rate. But I did fix the Exp rate editor tool so I guess I will just enable that.

XLS, it'll be difficult to do but soon I will implement it.

Item Adder? What's easier than typing in the values for the row? o.o

Farbod, will you add me on skype, want to talk about a problem I am having, hard to explain without showing you, screenshot won't cut it. A problem with loading SHN's with the R G B collumns, and Undefined## collumns.

Sure add me.

Reaction score
Experience rate editor? Just open MobInfoServer.shn then click Column > Multiply. Select the MonEXP tab and then type the value you want to multiply it by, i.e 6 will mean you have 6x experience rate. But I did fix the Exp rate editor tool so I guess I will just enable that.

XLS, it'll be difficult to do but soon I will implement it.

Item Adder? What's easier than typing in the values for the row? o.o

Sure add me.

You know what is easier, default content by selecting a category of item and it just adds default values :L

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Can't save files with empty cells, gives you an error saying you can't convert DBNull to String then deletes the file.

You can, it's just weird. For example in ItemInfoServer, I think the Column Market? Its like the third column, sometimes empty cells. Fill the last rows cell with something like Weapon. Then save, it works that way for me.

Reaction score
You can, it's just weird. For example in ItemInfoServer, I think the Column Market? Its like the third column, sometimes empty cells. Fill the last rows cell with something like Weapon. Then save, it works that way for me.
Yeah that's what i've been doing, it's just easier to not have to. This works on the older versions of SHN Editor, that's why I mentioned it. And MobViewInfo has a couple columns that have to be empty sometimes, like Texture, unless you have one.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yeah that's what i've been doing, it's just easier to not have to. This works on the older versions of SHN Editor, that's why I mentioned it. And MobViewInfo has a couple columns that have to be empty sometimes, like Texture, unless you have one.

a simple dash does the job

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
- Easy Item Adder :)

as easy as it may be, I guess having a toll that would add the item in all the shns, and take the bs out of typing in them all I guess.

Not needed, but I guess it could be nice if you have to add a bunch of crap.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
...-.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, you get the error because you have 1 dimensional array.
It may look like with 2 but it is 1 dimensional, which contains another 1 dimensional.

You would need to ask the column amount from the row.
rows.GetLength(0);

If you declare like this:
string[,] rows;
Then you can ask rows.GetLength(0); and rows.GetLength(1);

It may be wrong, too lazy to test, i'll leave it to you.

As for the parser, it may seem to work at first, but it isn't foolproof. There is a small thing, when it will fail :p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, you get the error because you have 1 dimensional array.
It may look like with 2 but it is 1 dimensional, which contains another 1 dimensional.

You would need to ask the column amount from the row.
rows.GetLength(0);

If you declare like this:
string[,] rows;
Then you can ask rows.GetLength(0); and rows.GetLength(1);

It may be wrong, too lazy to test, i'll leave it to you.

As for the parser, it may seem to work at first, but it isn't foolproof. There is a small thing, when it will fail :p

Nope, it's a list containing arrays of strings. This list is converted to an array using ToArray(). When i call rows[10][10] it works, so the array is twodimensionel. But you brought me to an idea: Maybe GetLength() method is only for arrays like string [,] and doesn't work for string [][].
But as far as I know, these two are quite the same.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
If you define like this:
1. string[][][][][] UberArray = new string[6][][][][]();
You can have an uneven arrays.​
I'm not going to initialize something like that, as this will be 4 loops inside each other, and all of those can have different array lengths.​
2. string[,,,,] UberArray = new string[9,8,7,6,5]();
You will have static 5-dimensional array.​
And the indexes for the GetLength() method:
1. UberArray[0][0][0][0][0]
UberArray.GetLength(0) -> 6
UberArray[0..5].GetLength(0) ->
UberArray[0..5][0].GetLength(0) ->
UberArray[0..5][0][0].GetLength(0) ->
UberArray[0..5][0][0][0].GetLength(0) ->
Here aswell, all of those requests depend how long is the array and which index you ask​
2. UberArray[0,1,2,3,4]
UberArray.GetLength(0) -> 9
UberArray.GetLength(1) -> 8
UberArray.GetLength(2) -> 7
UberArray.GetLength(3) -> 6
UberArray.GetLength(4) -> 5​

Reaction score
Just a small update to fix some major things and add some other small improvements/edits.

Update 4.0.14.0801:
- Made Go To function update current row position.
- Column bulk edit, deletion, divide, multiply and rename no longer closes when you click ok.
- SHN files with blank columns are now loaded with a default unknown column name.
- Empty cells are now saved as empty cells, without error.
- The full version number is now shown in the window text.
- Replace function now checks cell value instead of object data.
- Fixed extensive loading time of large shn files, reducing loading times by 88%.

Download:

This is currently what is on my to do list:

To do List:
- Add CSV importing.
- Add XLS importing and exporting.
- Fix/improve item editor.

I'm not sure if I should add these features.

Unsure
- Exp Rate Editor (You can just use the column multiplier tool).
- Item creator (Makes people mentally lazy and has a potential of increasing bugs and troubleshooting issues when adding items).

Last edited:
Master Summoner
Reaction score
Here is an idea for time saving and the hassle. Why not give an option to Auto-number the index numbers.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
- Make it so when u select rows, u can do poop based on that selection. Selected Rows -> mass column edit. or something of the like.
- Find/replace dialog revamp
- option to auto sort ID's by number (instead of totally reindexing them)

Maybe add the ability to open shine tables (text files) (Both table formats look similar idk if its all that different) idk what the deal is.

But um. I know enough that there's easily some ways to implement some of this stuff with the default form components. Is it a listview component? idk

Last edited:
Back