Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Hunter Kingdom Launcher/Patcher

xkl

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hey,

Another damn launcher, huh? There's too many. Let's do this! lol, anyways, I created this for my personal project and figured I would share it with the community because, why not. This will not support 2010/2011 (Dusk or Odin) files. But, this can work with the 2008 files if you're into that kinda' stuff. The design is extremely simple, I like simple. Also I made sure this thing can easily be configured! I daresay the easiest launcher configuration setup? Yeah, I think so.​

UQHpBMJ - Hunter Kingdom Launcher/Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

pduhvHm - Hunter Kingdom Launcher/Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

LyZL01P - Hunter Kingdom Launcher/Patcher - RaGEZONE Forums

Basic Setup Guide
General Information
Alright, so everything should be pretty straight forward with this. The reason I created the Launcher Configuration in the first place was to make this even easier lol. So I won't really go over the details with it. Enter in your desired settings, click set, then save! that's it. Just make sure you take the config.ini you created and place it in the reslauncher folder. Done.

The contents of the htdocs folder are for your web host. Also, the file launcher.ico located in the reslauncher folder is the icon used at run-time. You can replace it with whatever you want, just make sure it's named 'launcher'.

Key Points
1. Patches must be archived in a .rar format.

2. Patches must be named "patch" + the version number you're releasing. So for example: patch1.rar would be your first patch.

3. launcher.dat is the version number.
How it works: So let's say your launcher.dat on your web host is set to 1, and the local launcher.dat (/reslauncher/launcher.dat) is set to 0, when the player opens the launcher it will automatically download patch1.rar, extract, and apply, and so on and so forth.

If this guide isn't explanatory enough I will revise and make a more in-depth guide.

Download

VirusTotal

VirusTotal Disclaimer
These are false-positives from using obfuscation and a packer on this release. They're clean, but use your best judgement I suppose.
Requirements
SharpCompress.dll (Included with the release, duh)
.NET Framework 4.5

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:

xkl

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You can decompile it with .Net Reflector, but if the launcher is encrypted, you gonna have to un-obfuscate it. Also you have to do the Form yourself and connect everything together.

It's also packed to prevent using a reflector, you have to unpack, get a version of D4D that will work and remove the obfuscation. Then you can use a reflector without issues. But, by all means he can have it if you're willing to do it for this little thing! Lol.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
It's also packed to prevent using a reflector, you have to unpack, get a version of D4D that will work and remove the obfuscation. Then you can use a reflector without issues. But, by all means he can have it if you're willing to do it for this little thing! Lol.
Or he can just code a new one, its simple it wont take two hours.

Reactions: xkl
◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
Why only release binaries? Just put it on Github.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
Not necessarily, in the end it's his creation, and whether he wants to release the source he wrote to the public or keep it to himself is his decision.

I get what you mean, but there is an endless supply of open-source launchers,why would someone pick this release over an open-source one? I've seen so many launchers been released on RZ. Loads of them are open-sourced and can be trusted. I'm just asking the OP why he didn't make it open-source since it is only a launcher...

I merely ask this out of curiosity especially since it has been obfuscated.

Back