Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Working (mostly) OpTool for Odin Files.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay so awhile back a user named Canic released an OpTool Source Code which was designed for 2008 files, I decided to take that source and rewrite it for my own personal use on Odin files. I got pretty far into re-writting it in my opinion but it still needs work and some flaws are still noticable. In example, I removed the Account Editor Form because No matter what I tried, I could not get it to properly read the SQL, in example it put the accounts IP address in the password field, I double checked, sUserPass went to the password text dialog box. I just decided to say duck it and delete it entirely. So if someone wants to remake an Account Editor Form be my guest as it would be a nice feature. So yea mainly this isn't my work but Canic's, I just re-wrote it for Odin files.

Odin Features:
Trickster classes added to class change.
Every textbox displays the proper information EXCEPT AccountID

Bugs:
No Account Editor Form, AccountID textbox doesn't display username/nEMID.

Extra:
Was far more neatly organized and ordered by me, actually looks nice and neat now.

Source Code:

OpTool.exe with Config.txt (For teh nubs who don't know how to learn a programming language, at least I made an attempt.):

Not sure if Canic ever wanted a re-write released or not but I personally don't care, others may find this as useful as I have, saves time especially with class changes. Hope everyone enjoys and I also hope someone continues and releases a more developed version with the source.

Written in VB.NET ~ Enjoy

Instructions:
Open Config.txt in notepad, change the SQL information to your own, save the config.

Restore the OpTool database if you haven't already (comes with the other databases.)

Create a new OPTool login under dbo.tOperator, set the sOperID(username) to whatever you like as well as sOperPW, change nOperLevel to 9.

log in with your new OPTool :3 (Only works on local machine for now, meaning you use it on the same machine your databases are on.)

Extra Info:
If you're not going to edit the source code, then just make sure that your databases are named OdinAccounts and w00_Character otherwise it will not work.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Not too shabby; although I wish it was coded a little better, should be using procedures to handle the queries rather than hard-coded commands.

Was also saddened to find it was coded in VB; C# > VB all-day/everyday.

Might appeal to some people who wish to start a similar project (and probably reference 95% of their code from this).

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Not too shabby; although I wish it was coded a little better, should be using procedures to handle the queries rather than hard-coded commands.

Was also saddened to find it was coded in VB; C# > VB all-day/everyday.

Might appeal to some people who wish to start a similar project (and probably reference 95% of their code from this).

I literally spent one night learning VB before i tackled this project, I apologize for its rough integrity xD although Canic was the one who originally wrote it, I just changed around database, table, and column names.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
OpTool.exe with Config.txt (For teh nubs who don't know how to learn a programming language, at least I made an attempt.):
Don't be so harsh on newbies. Rather - who doesn't want to install VB or want only the exe.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Cannot open database "OPTool" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'optool'.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning()
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.CompleteLogin(Boolean enlistOK)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, TimeoutTimer timeout, SqlConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, TimeoutTimer timeout)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, TimeoutTimer timeout, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
at OPTool.LoginForm.Login_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I've put database to "OperatorTool" and ODBC to "OPTool" like my config says.
I've also tried database name "OPTool"
The login stuff for the sql is correct.

Anyone know the issue?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
"Login failed for user 'optool'."

It seems you need a SQL login named "optool" for this app :eek:

Can't you change it to SA ?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
did you create a user within the optool database? and are you trying to connect remotely or locally from the server host?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Anyone happen to have the source code that they can reup for this?
I maybe found this code but idk if thats the Original source of this release maybe its canics original:
Download link :

I recoded it for 2015 Files in 1 Form :D credits do canic for the original source
NvrGnaStp - Working (mostly) OpTool for Odin Files. - RaGEZONE Forums

Master Summoner
Reaction score
I maybe found this code but idk if thats the Original source of this release maybe its canics original:
Download link :

I recoded it for 2015 Files in 1 Form :D credits do canic for the original source

Why not use the real thing? <---- Like I do here.............

Master Summoner
Reaction score
It isn't flexing when I am using a tool that everyone can use. Hell there is even a tutorial on how to use the version of optool that I used in the screenshot. What you did skurvy erblin was a pure "flex". So if you are gonna call someone out on something, at least learn to comprehend English properly.

EDIT: Watch him cry to the mods, because I called him "skurvy erblin". Kek.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
It isn't flexing when I am using a tool that everyone can use. Hell there is even a tutorial on how to use the version of optool that I used in the screenshot. What you did skurvy erblin was a pure "flex". So if you are gonna call someone out on something, at least learn to comprehend English properly.

EDIT: Watch him cry to the mods, because I called him "skurvy erblin". Kek.

Alright grandpops :lol:

Instead of me putting you on blast in text, I'll just put you on blast the way you probably thought I meant old man...

Last edited:
Back