Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Quest Editor

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Merry Christmas!

Since the days are such, I decided I'd release this now. I believe it will be useful to quite a few.
As the title states, I'm releasing my Quest Editor remake project written in C#.

Unlike my RestServer release, this one is made from complete scratch with the help of the, already
made, Quest Editor tool written by CSharp. It took me long, because I went through his tool source and documented everything I could gather about the QuestData file. I basically documented the structure of QuestData and through a lot of comparison and trial-error I have corrected CSharp's faults and also discovered many more functionalities the file holds.

Download Link:

The .7z file includes the Quest Editor library project, the Quest Editor Form application project and finally a text file containing a complete documentation of QuestData containing my discoveries, what still remains unknown to me and what can be just filled with 00's.

I'm not so proud about the functionality of the Form, but it doesn't really matter, the library I wrote is what truly matters. You can write your own form for it. The form can be a bit glitchy, lacking features and it is not efficient with how much memory it consumes. I just got to the point where I really wanted to test the tool, so I just tried to finish it as fast as I could, not minding whether the code is sloppy or not. But the library is very functional and that's where I put the majority of my focus, making sure it was made clean and very well written.

I would truly appreciate it, if you made any new discoveries or correct anything please make sure to comment it here below. It would be a great way to contribute to the community!

I'm hoping you have found this useful, because I know I definitely did.
Have fun editing quests!

Edit #0::

As requested through PM, here is the iQuest source code I used as a base for my Quest Editor tool. With the help of the de4bot project, I deobfuscated CSharps iQuest tool and then used the .NET Reflector to decompile the deobfuscated executable into a Visual Studio C# project.

Download Link:

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Re: [Release] Quest Editor

Nice release.

Master Summoner
Reaction score

Hey we gotta start somewhere. At least your putting in the effort to improve older tools. Good job Alsm

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

hello,bro,could share the source?because i want to change the quest language(Chinese)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

hello,bro,could share the source?because i want to change the quest language(Chinese)

The source is exactly what I released, oodasm! Just download QuestEditor.7z from the link I provided in my first post.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hey,
nice release! But is is possible to open the QuestData.shn from server?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Thank you! No, I don't think so. The structure has probably changed a lot leading to the tool not interpreting the quests properly. You're free to modify the tool to your needs tho!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Alsm97, i failed to contect that download link, would you mind helping to email me that questeditor files please? I would be very grateful, thanks for help .
email: *******

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

This Editor is working fine good job! But theres a little bugg, if you edit a quest and save it, it works fine but if u do the command &levelup 120 or sometimes 40 or what ever the client crashes. Need some fix

Reaction score

This Editor is working fine good job! But theres a little bugg, if you edit a quest and save it, it works fine but if u do the command &levelup 120 or sometimes 40 or what ever the client crashes. Need some fix

Pretty sure that issue isn't related to the quests or this editor.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Super Mod, im pretty sure it is otherwise i wouldnt say it if i hadnt tested it already ....

Reaction score

Super Mod, im pretty sure it is otherwise i wouldnt say it if i hadnt tested it already ....

Sometimes you can 'test' things out incorrectly, that's why we sometimes have bad scientific journals which are incorrect.

This issue is because of the amount of times you level up and the level up effect, it's a buffer over flow issue with the effect (or something other), try leveling up 255 in quick succession, it's almost a certain crash, regardless of what quest files you are using. This quest editor doesn't touch (or at least shouldn't) touch anything apart from the quest files.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

man when i edit a quest with this editor the quest is working but client crash when i &levelup but if i put the old questdata.shn in again i can do &levelup 500 and it will work fine. so IT IS a QuestEditor issue

Dec

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

man when i edit a quest with this editor the quest is working but client crash when i &levelup but if i put the old questdata.shn in again i can do &levelup 500 and it will work fine. so IT IS a QuestEditor issue

Ummm, no.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

what editor are u guys using could anyone upload it ? xD

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

If it breaks your client (which actually could happen if your quest(s) have a broken structure), then do something about it, you have a complete source code right in-front of you.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

dat ques editor is for odin oder hk ? o:

Back