Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release]Server for the players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I attempted to set up these files because I wanted to see what all of the fuss was about, and I wanted to see what you've done to the game itself, because you've made it sound intriguing. Not sure if it's just me, but I'm getting an quite a few errors in my Assert. Would you possibly know how to fix them?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Master Summoner
Reaction score
just add the missing mob skills to the skill shns and change the inx name from flamewalkercool to firepole01 and all assert are clear

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Which skill shn's? ActiveSkill?
Edit: Wait, dumb question. Yes. Sorry, I'm new to this.

Do I need to fill in all columns?

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
@iTankFail: Before trying what aqua suggested, try re-saving the main .shn files (ActiveSkill.shn, MobInfo.shn etc..) with SHN Editor v3d. That should do, if not.. try what aqua said.

To be on the safe side, re-save all .shn files except for the ones that have nothing to do with Mobs or skills at all.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The client probably isn't up to date either, so make sure you patch from the server side, if any client only stuff is missing let me know I still have an up to date one on this pc.

@Lunerica:
We have differences of opinions as to what clutter is.

@Spoon:
Yes they have always had a decent player base, but to be honest they seemed to have rushed this server.
Hardly anything is right with it, they should have took their time getting it finished before releasing, I asked some players
in game about what they thought of Muno, the only reaction I ever got was:
" He has to fix 10 bugs a day "
That's such a big amount to do lol, but that just brings it back to " Finish before you release " it saves a lot of effort and issues.
Victus actually have it the right way around, if they are still working on them, they are taking their time and if they are still going to release I expect big things from them.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Simply re-save them without any edits?

And before I even go into edit them, I'll definitely be saving back-ups in any case. I'll be honest, totally new to development and I'm just kind of winging it as I go here.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@iTankFail: Before trying what aqua suggested, try re-saving the main .shn files (ActiveSkill.shn, MobInfo.shn etc..) with SHN Editor v3d. That should do, if not.. try what aqua said.

To be on the safe side, re-save all .shn files except for the ones that have nothing to do with Mobs or skills at all.

Oh I forgot about that, yes the shn editors do not save properly sometimes, which can be an issue.

totally new to development and I'm just kind of winging it as I go here.
That's what we all did at first, every old developer here started that way.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sadly, your method didn't work Alsm, so it looks like I'm going to have to do it by hand.
So how exactly does one go about filling a new skill into the .shn's? I gather that I have to open them (durr) and put in the skill name that it in the assert. Are there any specifics to keep in mind while filling in the fields? Or can I just kinda press numbers and pray it will work? Because I'm good at the latter.

Also, related to what aqua posted; is ActiveSkillInfoServer the same as ActiveSkillServer? If not, I'm missing the latter file.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Has anyone still got these files laying around the links dead and I lost the 4shared it was on lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back