Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

SHN Editor

Reaction score
Re: SHN Editor Release

Yes I think I understand what you mean. Hence why I said it was a temporary fix. Ideally it shouldn't refresh the grid even after you change the values, until after you search again.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Yes I think I understand what you mean. Hence why I said it was a temporary fix. Ideally it shouldn't refresh the grid even after you change the values, until after you search again.

The code behind the SHN Editor. As it stands needs a lot of work. A lot of it is kinda like Huh? Hah! Lmfao at how it all fits in. Way too many things going on. And there's not even an array for the data grids or anything as far as i can tell. There's like a conversion from data grid view. And idk. Just kinda hacky but works good. I'm gonna start cleaning it up some. and adding documentation when i get more time here soon.

Good job @MrFarbodD for all the additions, and fixes you've made. Always used this. Ever since it came out.

EDIT: Lol @ Refreshing. With the way things are. Real pain to do Lol. as far as i know.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Update 4.7.11.03:
- Updated find function.
- Added new filter function.
- Fixed copy and paste function.
- Added column sort reset function.

Tricks:
- Double click on cell or row to go to it in find form.
- Search with empty text box to reset column sort and search in find form.

Download:

Last edited:
Reaction score

Update 4.8.17.06:
- Updated filter function.
- Removed bulk edit, multiply and divide function.
- Added an all in one function for bulk edit, multiply, divide, add and subtract function.
- Changed all in one function to update cell value instead of object data.
- Added button press event handler for search text box in find function.
- Changed filter function to update cell value instead of object data.
- Renamed column and row functions.
- Opening the find function will now move to the top if it is already open.
- Program name is now changed to the file name of whichever tab us currently selected.
- Now if there is an error upon save, you will be notified which cell is throwing the error.
- When opening find function the text box will now automatically be selected and highlighted.
- Icon cache is now refreshed when creating and deleting association.
- Associations for OTD files are now created as well.
- Updated association file type to SHN File Editor.
- Added save button to odt editor.
- Removed save as button on odt editor.
- Fixed save as button on odt editor tool strip.
- Fixed open button on odt editor tool strip.
- ODT editor application name is now changed to the file name you are currently editing.
- Added a reset sort button to the column file strip menu item.
- Added a reset filter button to the column file strip menu item.
- Added shortcut keys for the reset sort, reset filter and value editor menu button.
- Updated ODT form title.
- Updated old version text box in the about form.

Download:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Hey I've been using the CSV Export feature and works great, but is the Import from CSV an unfinished project? or broken. It doesn't want to open a file browser to select location for import like the export does. :)

Reaction score
Re: [Release] SHN Editor Release

Update 4.9.04.08:
- Changed column editor shortcuts.
- Changed CTRL+E shortcut to CTRL+SHIFT+E
- Fixed a bug with closing a tab when you only have one open.
- Added ability to copy and paste cells.
- Added change colour function. Changes colour of cells which have been modified.
- Added excel copy and paste support. Copy and paste data to and from excel.
- Fixed issue with pressing escape and then pressing yes not closing the program.

Download:

This update is special. It adds two new features. The ability to copy and paste specific cells from another SHN editor or program which has delimited data. This can be used as an alternative to the import and export function for the Excel because this feature allows you to simply select the cells you want to in Excel, copy them and paste them in shn editor.

To use the cell copy and paste feature you need to select the first cell from which you want to start pasting from. So if my data is 1, 2, 3 and my shn is 4, 5, 6 I would need to select the cell which has 4 in it and then paste. This function isn't working perfectly atm, needs more testing. Should work fine for the most part if you first clear the cells before pasting it in, this will prevent the errors.

I also added a function which changes the colour of all modified cells, you can enable this in options and it will be loaded every time you open SHN editor.

I should mention that the filter function is very useful!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Aye, solid new shn editor man, good work! Why haven't anyone done this before this is speeding up my work by alot D:!
Love it <3

Reaction score

Update 4.9.11.08
- Added SHN type 29 support.
- Changed cell modification colour to only update the colour if the value is changed.
- Removed the error message box when pasting within cells that have text in them.
- Added decrypt function.
- Added function to paste one value to all of the selected cells.

Download:

Added support for SHN column type 29 which means ItemActionCondition SHN should now display correctly. To use the paste value function copy something for example "0" and then select all of the cells which you would like to paste the value into and press the ctrl+V buttons to paste into all of those cells.

Press that like button if you want me to continue making more updates! :):

Last edited:
Reaction score

Update 4.9.14.08
- Increased string size limit.
- Fixed multiple cell copying and pasting commit error.
- Added context menu strip to data grid.
- Added paste and copy cells option to edit menu.
- Added support for copying rows when only cells have been selected.
- Removed delete row button from edit menu.
- Made right click select the cell your mouse is currently at.

Download:

You should now be able to view the ScriptMsg.shn file. Copying multiple cells and then pasting them should no longer give you commit error. You can now copy rows by just clicking on one or more cells. You can also right click to copy in the data grid.

Press that like button if you want me to continue making more updates! :):

Reaction score

Update 4.9.21.08
- Fixed cell value copying.
- Fixed right click when more than one cell is selected.
- Fixed issue with context menu row click.
- Fixed data grid cell mouse down excpetion for columns
- Fixed data grid cell copy exception when no grids open.
- Improved and cleaned up binary reader code.
- Fixed several exception issues.
- Fixed white spaces in cells when pasting in cells.
- Changed key bindings for copying and pasting cells.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

Nice work on the shn tools.

Reaction score

Nice work on the shn tools.

Thanks. I plan to do a complete rework on it sometime in the future if I have the time. It's going to be better than anything out there and probably better than anything you can imagine. :p:

I'm also wanting to make some sort of HTD or map editor, just need to figure out how it works.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Thanks. I plan to do a complete rework on it sometime in the future if I have the time. It's going to be better than anything out there and probably better than anything you can imagine. :p:

I'm also wanting to make some sort of HTD or map editor, just need to figure out how it works.

Maybe a public git-repo would be usefull to indicate as community project.
If there is serious interest i'm willing to share the SC of my personal tools core-library, coded in Java for platform independence (and mobile support) including some native methods for performance.

I never really understood why all the tools operating on binary level (reading and parsing the SHN file itself) although SHN files are just another kind of CSV tables.
I just splitted the entrys into packages/modules (as known from Node.js) saved as JSON (plain text) including all resources (like .nif files for map-based SHN's) and indexed them.
The SHN file will be "compiled" by the additional compiler lib which streams all data processed by the core lib.

This provides a massive performance boost, virtually no space for processing error and of course tons of options for editing tools.
Also started to code a addon/plugin system to provide extended and individual customizations for every user, but i stopped working on the whole library more than one year ago.

So yeah, i'm willing to share IF that does not end in flame and virtual cat disputes again.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

HTD is a height map in 32 bit raw format. 1 line of code is on the outside run, not sure what is all in it.
HTDG is same thing for the ground
overlaid in a layer bitmap stencil design set in the .ini. using tile based formats

Reaction score

ChubbyCrab I think that would be great, it would be interesting to see what you've got.

Lugapha Hmm, I've done a bit of searching and it seems most of the height maps are stored as simply images. I'm not sure really, no idea where to start, but I have a slight idea of what I need to do.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

well the bmp images are the stencils and are connected in the ini with a texture.
the htd is a r32 file just named as a htd. you can rename it to r32 and open it with the info in the ini.
L3DT is one I found that can open and edit.

this is BerFrz01

Back