Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

SHN Editor

Reaction score
Re: [Release] SHN Editor Release

aqua512 You basically want an In selection option and a start value option which is what I added to my latest version 5.0+ a while back which is unreleased at the moment.

EDIT: Though my previous point still stands.

Last edited:
Master Summoner
Reaction score

As does mine. This simple thing has been asked numerous times. If your going to make a tool for the community, then add what they request with in reason. This is a reasonable request. Has been for over a year.

Reaction score

The source code has been released, if you want more features, then add them yourself. As for this, you can just add a new NumericUpDown control to the form to act as starting value, and use it in the for loop to assign it as the new value for the cell, also incrementing it by each step.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Farbod, Your obviously not understanding what we want. We want a tool added that will renumber any column at the click of the mouse. It is that simple. Nothing major nothing difficult. I have been requesting this from you for a little over a year. Has yet to be seen. The tool should work like this:

You edit all inx numbers to 0 with the column editor.
Then open the new lovely auto increment tool and click it.
It numbers them from 0 to how ever many lines there are.
click save.
and done.
This tool is useful for when you are adding bulk amounts of items. You can copy them into a blank shn, edit the inx number to 1 number higher than the last row in your shn, and presto you don't have to sit there and renumber 500 rows by hand. Some of us are adding thousands of rows at once. Tally does not work on items mobs maps or skills.

I had a shn editor that was given to me that could do this exact thing. It was buggy, but it did what I needed it to do. I do not have this editor anymore. I know it can be done very easily. I have seen it with my own eyes

Hey, instead of that you could make an SHN with a single column, with 65535 rows (file will end at 65534 because it starts with 0) using an ID 65535 or higher will break the file. Anyway use the new individual/multiple cell copy function to highlight all the ID's you need, copy them, and then paste them all in to the imported rows, I can upload a video if necessary but if you know how to use the cell copy/paste function properly you won't have any issues.

Here is my copy if you would rather not do the work. Or to use as an example to see what I mean.

Hope this helps~

Here we have 20 imported rows. I know the last ID used was 8818, so we want to find 8819-8838, 20 ID's. In my case I know I can use up to ID 8999 freely so this is okay to do.
8hfdHTm - SHN Editor - RaGEZONE Forums

So we then highlight the 20 ID's we need and copy them (ctrl+c).
W0PCW1v - SHN Editor - RaGEZONE Forums

Select the first imported row ID cell as shown here. And then paste the cells you copied (ctrl+v).
TS329pr - SHN Editor - RaGEZONE Forums

End Result:
PQBc1sD - SHN Editor - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Master Summoner
Reaction score

Thanks for the offer, however the whole reason I brought this up to Farbod, was he had stated a while back that if anyone can think of things for the editor to post it. So I did. It is not that I cannot do it. It is the simple fact that he has not kept his word. This was requested over a year ago. That is my point.

If there are any issues with the new SHN Editor please let me know so that I can fix them, also If you have ideas for new features don't hesitate to let me know as well.

Some people have expressed their willingness to donate to support me for creating tools, if you want to do so, contact me for more info. :):

Here is an idea for time saving and the hassle. Why not give an option to Auto-number the index numbers.
<--- this request was made on 05-08-14, granted I was told it was already added, but come to find out it was not. Tally is not auto increment.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Here is an idea for time saving and the hassle. Why not give an option to Auto-number the index numbers.

already in there

So it already has the function to put everything in correct numerical order, and auto number them in that order?

aqua512 The feature you were describing, as I and others saw it was already implemented (View in the spoiler above). In addition to others, you also asked for excel support privately, which I added some form of. So instead of blaming me for not doing as you said, maybe think about what you said and are saying at the moment, because I may have just released the new version which supports this features along with other updates, but I no longer feel like doing that.

Also this project was not for the community, it was for myself as I at that time was frustrated with the bugs and limited features that the old SHN Editor had, so I took it upon myself to make a new better one. Frankly, it's not and was not a project which I was making for the community. I was making it for myself, but wanted to help the community by sharing my work so that I could get more ideas for features and find more bugs.

Wicious I also added an alternative to the suggestion you made here, I thought I'd point it out just in case you hadn't noticed. It's called Filter and it can be found in the search menu. It basically filters the rows to only display the ones which fit the search criteria and then you can modify them using the tools, after you've finished you can reset the filter in the column menu with the reset filter function.

In the newer version I created a more advanced version of the filter function which allows you to use your own expressions and syntaxes. So I could do for example:

Code:
Class = 8 AND Equip = 21

That would bring up all of the rows which have class column value of 8 and equip column value of 21. Kind of like SQL. Something similar would be what Yilny released here. But allows for infinite possibilities and is more advanced.1

Master Summoner
Reaction score

You have not added what I am asking for, and have been for a long time. Here is a screenie of a editor that does have it. Untitled - SHN Editor - RaGEZONE Forums

Credits go to D4xygen and Lugapha for this editor.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score

aqua512 So the issue isn't that I didn't add the function, it was already there before you requested it. The issue for you is that it breaks your SHN file? (as you stated Skype) Well as it was mentioned before modifying the ID column of one file can affect other files for example ItemInfo.shn and ItemInfoServer.shn. As the ID's in both need to be the same the server won't start if one is incorrect.

If that's not the issue then there may be a bug, although after I tested it, I didn't find anything. If you can maybe submit a step by step process of how to recreate the bug I can try to fix it.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Thanks for the offer, however the whole reason I brought this up to Farbod, was he had stated a while back that if anyone can think of things for the editor to post it. So I did. It is not that I cannot do it. It is the simple fact that he has not kept his word. This was requested over a year ago. That is my point.

<--- this request was made on 05-08-14, granted I was told it was already added, but come to find out it was not. Tally is not auto increment.

In all reality, he has no obligation to accept every idea given, if it's that big of a deal and takes that long, learn C#, I'm sure you could have added something so "simple" by then with just a few lessons, no? I mean, I'm able to build launchers, and I still don't even understand arrays. (this is in VB.net though.) And, granted, I don't know much about program writing, what I do know is it's time consuming and brain racking, surely Farbod has more to do with his life than grant everyone's demand, don't act like he owed this to you, he didn't, he didn't owe any of this to anyone, respect his time, a request is not a demand. I don't mean to sound aggressive, but I see little respect for the amazing editor he released coming from you... If it wasn't adequate for your use, find another solution, such as using other software, using your head to think of an ID ordered file like mine, or make it yourself. Asking if the feature has been added or will be added soon is one thing, but to demand is downright disrespectful :/

Master Summoner
Reaction score

Well after speaking with Farbod, He showed me exactly what the Tally tool does. I stand corrected. The editor does have the function. I suppose the box confused me, because it did not work like the editor I am used to using. I do apologize for any confusion I may have caused. I also apologize for sounding like a penis. I was frustrated because, what I saw was not what I was asking for. As I stated I was wrong and stand corrected. Next time I will investigate further before assuming. Lesson learned. We all have our noob moments. This happened to be 1 of mine.

Reaction score

I gave this version out to specific people before, but I'm in a good mood so I thought I would release since someone asked me about it (didn't even reply to my message. RUDE Black12).

This version includes shn file decrypting and encrypting and the advanced filter function. I don't know of any bugs there are with it, because i haven't used it much but there shouldn't be many if there are any at all. This version also supports unencrypted shn files.

Unfortunately I will not be releasing the source for this version and support for further updates will stop here, unless there is a rather significant bug which is reported to me.

This update also includes updates from the previous version 5.0.30.8.08 which was unreleased.

Update 5.1.22.01
- Updated create column data types.
- Recent file manager will no longer add the same file again.
- Added raw file support. SHN Editor can now load unencrypted SHN files.
- Added encrypt function to encrypt unencrypted SHN files.
- Updated file header properties viewer. Cleaner and easier to use.
- Updated SHN file creation header properties.
- Added start value condition to row tally function.
- Added in selection condition to row tally function.
- Added modifier function to column value editor.
- Added 4 modifiers for column value editor for text modification.
- Fixed issue with saving raw (unencrypted) files.
- Fixed "in selection" bug in row tally.
- Fixed row tally start value issue.
- Made forms which you can click away from always update the combo box.
- Fixed filter form exception error upon opening form.
- Added advanced filter function.
- Reordered filter function in menu list.
- Added and modified shortcuts for filter functions.
- Updated row tally to always number from top to bottom in selection.
- Added save as .raw option to save as menu.
- Updated encrypt and decrypt dialogues and added message box to confirm save.
- Made sub forms appear center of main form.
- Added encryption changer with several encryptions.
- Updated handling of .raw files.
- Fixed some issues with MRU (i.e. recent files) manager.
- Added .raw option to open menu.
- Fixed some other bugs.
- Cleaned up some code.

Download:

Reaction score

Fixed a little bug seeing as the program wouldn't open for some people after version 4.9

Update: 5.2.22.04
- Fixed a bug with old recent files stacked in registry which prevented editor from opening.

Download:

Reaction score

Update 5.3.18.06
- Added support for column type 10.
- Fixed paste cells exception, when paste content exceeds row amount.
- Added support for unknown columns. Unknown columns will now display hex values.
- Added column type 10 to create column form.
- Added extra checks for column creation.
- Updated file properties unknown label to file version.

Download:

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

@MrFarbodD ,bro, thanks your shn editor,but it only export csv,cant import csv?

Reaction score
Fusion Editor V21.0.0:
An incomplete version of the SHN Editor rewrite project I was working on. It supports loading the new MobInfo.shn file with the loca column (2024).

Download:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source V5.3.18.06:
Download:

Last edited:
Back