Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

FAQ & Common Errors - [READ BEFORE POSTING]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First make sure you have read and you are following the Rules before posting.

Before you post check this list to make sure you have done everything you can:

1. Use common sense.
  2. Use Search (Don't forget to choose Fiesta Section) to find has someone else had such a error. In most cases there is such thread already which includes solution for that problem. Please read all the results fully before creating new thread.
  3. Check if your Error is listed in the Common Error List below.
  4. When posting to Help Section, provide enough info so others can help you. Just telling us that "I have an error!" won't help.
  5. Read the latest Debug Message or Assert log and try to understand what they say
  • The debug logs can be located in: ServiceFolder\DebugMessage\DebugMessage*.txt
  • For example I can find Zone messages in: Zone00\DebugMessage\Msg_2014-05-12.txt
  • The assert logs can be located in: ServiceFolder\Assert*.txt
  • For example I can find Zone assert in: Zone00\Assert2015010217.txt

When posting a help thread make sure you:

1. Title - Short description of your problem/error.
  2. Server Files - Tell us which Server Files you are using. Usually it is either Athens, Odin or Victus
  3. Most importantly make sure to post your Debug Messages and Assert logs.
  4. When providing log files, you can either upload it to paste bin or post it in your thread with spoiler tags (if it is too long) or just code tags if it isn't too long. You can also add it as an attachment.

use CODE-tags
Code:
YourLogFileTextGoesHere

and for very long log files use with the combination of SPOILER-tags
Code:
YourLogFileTextGoesHere

Common Error List:

Service Related Errors:
When starting up the service you may get this error:

"The {ServiceName} service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

It is an error which only tells that something went wrong and for each service it's different. To find out what went wrong you must look at the latest Debug Message and Assert logs.

• Account, AccountLog, Login, *_GameLog, *_Character, *_Manager, *_Zone*:
    • "DB_Init FAILED = DSN=... ; UID=...; pwd=..."
      • Make sure that Database is running.
      • Make sure that Username/Password are same what you typed when you installed Database.
      • DSN-s must be defined in correct place
        • 32-bit: Start -> Run -> %SystemDrive%\Windows\System32\Odbcad32.exe
        • 64-bit: Start -> Run -> %SystemDrive%\Windows\System32\SysWoW64\Odbcad32.exe
    • "FAILED START LISTEN SOCKET"
      • Make sure no other program is using that IP/Port combination.
      • Make sure you use correct IP/Port. You can't use 192.168.x.x (Default LAN IP), if you aren't connected to LAN.
  • Login:
    • "ERROR - OUTSPARK QueryUserInfo:(Deleted), LastHTTPStatusCode=0, WininetErrorNum=0, LastErrorMessage=(Outspark Error: 1001) Failed getting new token: The Server Returned an Unknown Error (wininet: 0)."
      • Make sure that your token has proper length. [SUP][Ron][/SUP] (I think it was 16-32, not sure)
      • Make sure you have added "127.0.0.1 stubedore.t" to your hosts file. [SUP][ExtremeUser][/SUP]
    • ""
  • OdinRest:
    • "Invalid value [OdinServer.TokenManager.DeleteUsedTokens]::<SETTING NOT FOUND>"
      • Add that setting to the Odin Settings file.
    • "Can not open database requested by the login "...". Login failed. ..."
    • "An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions"
      • It means some other program uses that IP:port already. Mostly it is Skype, to fix it look under Skype settings (Tools>Option>Advanced>Connection [SUP][Delius][/SUP]) and disable the port 80 usage.
      • Also another Web Server may use it, change the Web Server IP:port, because the OdinRestService ones cannot be changed.
    • "The SELECT permission was denied on the object 'tTokens', database 'OdinAccounts', schema 'dbo'."
      • Tick 'db_datareader' and 'db_datawriter' OR UnTick 'db_denydatareader' and 'db_denydatawriter'.
  • *_Zone*:
    • "MobDataBox::mdb_Load : Mob number mismatch[0]" + "Conflict [.../.../0]"
      • Check files "MobInfo.shn", "MobInfoServer.shn", "MobSpecies.shn" [SUP][aqua512][/SUP] - you have forgotten to add to these files the mob info.
    • "MobAttackSequence::mas_Load : Null skill[$Value]"
      • While parsing files in {ServerDataFolder}\MobAttackSequence\*.txt skill '$Value' was not found (Table 'AttSeq').
    • "MobAttackSequence::SkillChange::sc_Store : Null skill[$Value]"
      • While parsing files in {ServerDataFolder}\MobAttackSequence\*.txt skill '$Value' was not found (Table 'SkillChange').
    • "Error in read field option Field.xls"
      • It means you have broken your Field.txt file.
    • ""
Client Related Errors:
  • "æ·Æ".
    • There are no Graphic card drivers. [SUP][JossPaiint][/SUP]
  • "Failed to connect to server"
    • Make sure that IP is correctly entered.
    • When connecting to someone in LAN then in the Server Computer you must allow Ports in Firewall.
    • Make sure that Login Service is running.
  • "Authentication Failed" - (Odin Files Only)
    • Check your token. Lenght must be 16-32 symbols. It must be same what is in Database.
  • In Server List: Server is Offline/High.
    • Wait for some time to give World Manager Service time to boot up (Should start up with less than 1 min, usually around 10 seconds).
    • Make sure that World Manager Service is running.
  • In Character Selection: "Map is under Maintenance".
    • Wait for some time to give Zone Service time to boot up (It may take some time depending on multiple factors).
    • Make sure that Zone Service is running for that map.
  • In Character Selection: "The client has been illegally manipulated. Please reinstall the client.".
    • Server & Client shn files have to match. It means that every file in Server shn directory what is also found in Client ressystem directory must be same.
  • ""

Minimum server requirements (Suggested):

Operating System:
- Windows XP/2000/ME
- Windows Vista/7/Server 2008 (R2) [Administrator]
- [STRIKE]Windows 8/Server 2012 (R2) [Administrator][/STRIKE] - Currently Doesn't Work

RAM:

- 3.5 - 4.0 GB

Processor:

- 2 GHz

HDD:

- 300 MB (Files) + 1 GB (Database)

Internet Connection:

- Localhost or better

Reasonable suggestions and ideas are always welcomed. Also if something is incomplete or even incorrect, let me know so I can fix it.
Make sure to like the thread, so I know that this was useful.:wink:

Credits:

It won't harm to give Credits. I hope this motivates to Help people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back