Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Friends cannot connect to my server via Hamachi

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hello i want to play with my friends but if i try to start with hamachi ip dont star Why?

name right , odbc right all right..

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: problem

Are you running your server on the same machine you're playing on, or does the server have it's own machine (physical or virtual)?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

You need to check your zone and server configuration files. If you're running the server on the same machine you're using to play, you cannot have any services listening on IP 127.0.0.1. This is the loopback IP. It works for just you, because all connections going to 127.0.0.1 will loop back to yourself. In order for your server to be visible to all machines on the network (including friends via Hamachi) you need to enter the IP of your computer as the server IP.

Look in your 9data\serverinfo folder and you'll need to do this for the following files:

test_manage_rserverinfo.txt
test_serverinfo.txt

Follow the instructions you followed to configure these files, except replace the address "127.0.0.1" with your IP on the network. If you don't know your network IP, open a command prompt and type in "ipconfig"

I'm pretty sure this is what's stopping your friends from connecting to your server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

okay thanks..but you wrote the same what i already tried it..but this is new: "Follow the instructions you followed to configure these files, except replace the address "127.0.0.1" with your IP on the network. If you don't know your network IP, open a command prompt and type in "ipconfig"" thanks for this tip; i will try it

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

do you have more ideas? I donmt know..

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's a legitimate inquiry. You're running your server on the same machine you play from. You are able to connect but nobody else is. This is a network issue. Trouble is figuring out where the issue stems from. Your firewall is a logical conclusion. If you don't have a firewall, then that's fine. We don't know the nuances of your network.

Can you provide a screenshot of the following:

ipconfig showing your network IP
your 9data\Serverinfo\test_Manager_Serverinfo.txt file starting from "CJC SERVER INFO" and ending at ; Zone 4
your 9data\Serverinfo\test_ServerInfo.txt file starting from "CJC SERVER INFO" and ending at ; Zone 4

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

i only have a serverinfo, i can upload if you want

should i make w7 new?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Screenshot your serverinfo folder.

No need to scorch the earth, Win7 should be fine.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i have a alternative now but i dont still tested with friends and i. cant make a screen now

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
According to your screenshot, your problem is that your server is listening for connections on 127.0.0.1

That is not a valid network IP.

127.0.0.1 is the loopback IP address. Any traffic directed to that IP will loop back to the source. The source being you. This is why YOU can connect to yourself but nobody else can see your server. If you tell them to use 127.0.0.1, they are trying to connect to themselves. You need to change all of those 127.0.0.1 entries to YOUR network IP. You can get your network IP from the ipconfig command in command prompt. Once you do that, your server will be visible to other players on your network via hamachi.

Back