Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Game only launches from server machine

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have the server up and running and I can connect to it using a client on the server machine but from other machines on the local network I get 'Connection to servers has failed'. I'm starting from the remote machine with a bat file: Game.exe -osk_server 192.168.0.44 -osk_token asjdhahsdkjwd28d2F -osk_store Google

I'm sorry if this was answered in an obvious place in the guides but I simply can't seem to find the answer.

Thanks,
-Mike

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have the server up and running and I can connect to it using a client on the server machine but from other machines on the local network I get 'Connection to servers has failed'. I'm starting from the remote machine with a bat file: Game.exe -osk_server 192.168.0.44 -osk_token asjdhahsdkjwd28d2F -osk_store Google

I'm sorry if this was answered in an obvious place in the guides but I simply can't seem to find the answer.

Thanks,
-Mike

what IP are you using to host your server. 192.168.x.x.
Go to your host server and open a CMD, type " ipconfig ".
The Default Gateway is that computers IP, and you'll want to port forward it in your router.
The lazy way is just port forward port 9000 - 9200

Then in your bat file youll want to either connect via 192.168.x.x (gateway of server) or public ip, which you can find
... or use hamachi and kys.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi and thanks for the reply. I'm not even able to connect to machines on the same subnet. The server is on 192.168.0.44 and the machine I'm trying to connect from is 192.168.0.18. The firewall on the server machine is off.

-Mike

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Did you hex the client exe? What version are you using? Is the login server throwing any errors? We cant help much by just a few short sentences. Try hexing the exe. Make sure it has the right IP in it.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi and thanks for the response. I guess I didn't know what was relevant to my problem and what wasn't since I seemed pretty close with it running on the server machine.

I was working on setting up the 2011 files. Hexing the client didn't seem to be required on that client although I did see that in the 2008 guides. It doesn't seem necessary with the newer files.

The client is now working from another machine. The server config files in 9data/serverinfo ended up being the issue. I had changed the 'Public IP' lines to the actual server IP but it seems that the 'From Client' lines also needed to be the actual machine IP when trying to log in from another machine.

In any event, I'm all set. Thanks to all who responded with ideas.

-Mike

Back