Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Headers in HTD files

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Im working on creating new maps through HTD files and in Farbod's tutorial we need to replace the header in the r32 file we made using l3dt with a header of an existing map.

Seeing as im only able to find HTD maps in the sizes of 256x256 and 512x512 I was wondering if its possible to create your own header for a new file

The maps that are 256x256 have a common header which is
Code:
01 02 01 00

and the maps that are 512x512 have a the common header
Code:
01 04 04 00

I was wondering if its possible to create a new header for other map sizes (64x64,128x128,1024x1024 and so on)

and if the numbers have a meaning what do they mean

The numbers Mason, what do they mean

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Did you test it? Try changing the header and loading into the game. Try using a 512 header on a 256 map. See what happens.

I tried it and it throws the Failed to load map data or whatever error and sends you back to the character select screen.

Reaction score
I wasn't able to figure it out from a quick look but it might be related to the size or something like that.

There is a header for 951x476 for the client which supports rectangular maps.
Code:
44 E8 06 00

There is also one for 476x476.
Code:
10 75 03 00

It's the one used for the bottom part of adealia. It wasn't in the official files as it was created by Lugapha so maybe he knows more about this, or maybe aqua512 can find out for you. Possibly wervgfhjg knows more about this?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I was mostly curious cause I was thinking if making a 1024x1024 map would work it could hold roughly 3-4 towns in one map, but im also concerned if itll be too much to load since i think it loads all the data (nifs/effects), if itll cause too much lag for the game

Reaction score
I'm curious too, it would be pretty cool to have a map like that, I was thinking about doing something like that before with the adealia map. I don't think it'll be a big issue lag wise.

I think it should not render anything that is outside of the draw distance, although it may be loaded in memory it shouldn't affect fps wise. Though, we are talking about OnsOnSoft here so nothing is outside the scope lol.

Back