Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Missing a procedure

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Could anyone help me to make "usp_LinkScroll_SetDestMap" procedure? Im missing it...

Master Summoner
Reaction score
USE [World00_Character]
GO
/****** Object: StoredProcedure [dbo].[usp_LinkScroll_SetDestMap] Script Date: 11/30/2018 7:53:07 PM ******/
SET ANSI_NULLS ON
GO
SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
GO
/****** 개체: 저장 프로시저 dbo.usp_LinkScroll_SetDestMap 스크립트 날짜: 2007-03-13 오후 6:25:10 ******/
CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[usp_LinkScroll_SetDestMap]
/*
Set fame
2004.9 By CJC
input:
see SQL
output:
@nRet 1 = OK
0 = Error
*/
@nCharNo int, sloginZone varchar(16),
@nRet tinyint OUTPUT
AS
SET NOCOUNT ON
SET @nRet = 0
UPDATE tCharacter SET sLoginZone = sloginZone WHERE nCharNo = @nCharNo
IF @@ERROR = 0 AND @@ROWCOUNT = 1
SET @nRet = 0
-- end
RETURN

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
yeah u could add it like that unless its not exactly right.
The question is, what is the purpose of this procedure as it always sets an empty sLoginZone.

The exact call from char service is in every situation i tested:
Code:
declare @p3 int
set @p3=NULL
exec usp_LinkScroll_SetDestMap 1,N'',@p3 output
select @p3

while
input 1 is nCharNo as int
input N'' might be sLoginZone as varchar(16) but alltime empty
output is nRet as int

i dont think it makes sence to set sLoginZone empty on every single teleport or
at a charserver defined time.

Could be a bug on a function in charserver to maybe prevent lost of
scrolls by connectionlost during a port or something.

Problem is, charserver does not know about ur current sLoginZone, it just know about ur last.
(when calling p_Char_SaveLocation)

This also could be a reason for Friendlist location bug.

If you want to set the exact location u can use this:

check lines 1 and 34

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
My problem is that I cant use pfind or psummon in different zones, I thought the problem was this procedure but my pfind/summon still dont working...

Thanks you for your replies <3

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes I can use them in the same zone (RouN to Rou, both in Zone0) for example, but If I want use from RouN (Zone0) to Eld (Zone1) the command dont work...

Reaction score
it works over here - i checked i'll check again when i've completed a setup for myself :) i have checked it takes a little longer is what i've noticed though

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Maybe is because Im using win Sv 2012? Its ok with 2012 or I need 2008?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes I can use them in the same zone (RouN to Rou, both in Zone0) for example, but If I want use from RouN (Zone0) to Eld (Zone1) the command dont work...

In the past, changing some 127.0.0.1's to the actual dedi's IP in the ServerConfig.txt solved that issue for me. I don't know if it was related but I suppose it's worth a shot.

I am not home right now but I will look at the ServerConfig.txt when I get home.

Reaction score
In the past, changing some 127.0.0.1's to the actual dedi's IP in the ServerConfig.txt solved that issue for me. I don't know if it was related but I suppose it's worth a shot.

I am not home right now but I will look at the ServerConfig.txt when I get home.

Yeah i remember that issue it was changing the OPTool one to the dedicated WAN IP and blocking external connections to it :/

Back