Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Networking Issue - Client Side

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'm running into an issue where the connection fails between a client stored on another machine and my server. Using wireshark I was able to peg that port 9010 was resetting the connection causing a "Failed to connect to server" error and nmap confirmed that the server wasn't showing 9010 open, but that 9110 and 9115 were. The catch is that port forwarding has been completed for 9000-9600 in the router and I've temporarily disabled the firewall to troubleshoot the issue on the server side. I'm just looking for some possible solutions to this issue that I could try.

Additional Information:
  • The server is running, the local client runs and connects.
  • Hamachi is not being used.

So if anyone has any useful advice, tips, or solutions - I'd love to hear them.

To answer my own question, always make sure both of your config files match up for public facing servers.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
Try to change the port of the server by supplying the -p 1337 in the client launch arguments. This changed the port to 1337.

Back