Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Solved] GuildTournamentSkill.shn

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yo,

Thanks for opening this thread. My question is:

What is it that makes the Client sided GuildTournamentSkill.shn so different from the Server sided GuildTournamentSkill.shn?

If I try to copy the GuildTournamentSkill.shn from Server files to the Client files the game will crash on the Game Loading screen. If I do the opposite and copy from the Client files to the Server files, the Zones will crash. The Server files GuildTournamentSkill.shn was more out-dated than the Clients so I just copied the rows over and saved without any crashing. But I scanned the files with my File Compare tool i made, and there is 1 byte atleast that is different on the files. Any clue on how to fully sync these two without error? I want to be able to copy from Server files to Client files without any Client crashing. Any help appreciated.
Have a good day all!

Regards,
Alex

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: GuildTournamentSkill.shn

Serverfiles have got Header values. Client files only need to have a CryptHeader. I don't know if you are using a custom SHN-Editor or one of the public ones. If you use a public one (v3d) go to "Edit" -> "Header Info" to change the Header, do not change the CryptHeader. Copy the serversided file to your client and set the Header value to 0.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Thank you for your quick reply! I follow'd everything correctly exactly as told, but changing the value to 0 still causes the client file to crash. Once I change the CryptHeader to the Client sided GuildTournamentSkill.shn's CryptHeader which is FB 00 00 00 33 39 37 38 35 2E 37 39 36 35 32 37 37 37 37 38 00 00 00 00 B9 61 00 00 01 00 00 00, it functions normally. It's like if i change the one matching the other at any way, I still get an error either client or server. Any other suggestions?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

Basically when either server or client loads the Shn it checks for 2 things, I would call it something like File Version and Row Length (both hardcoded) - if any doesn't match it crashes or just fails.

The answer has 3 Uppercase letters, then a space and then 4 lowercase letters.
First word second letter is same as second word first letter (except the case).

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Basically when either server or client loads the Shn it checks for 2 things, I would call it something like File Version and Row Length (both hardcoded) - if any doesn't match it crashes or just fails.

But if it's hardcoded, there's really nothing we can do is there? Guess I'll just have my file compare skip that file.
Thanks for your reply btw. Have a nice day.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

So fast to give up:

NextIdea said:
HEX edit

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

I didn't give up.. I just don't know what exactly hardcoded means, but now i guess it talks about the HEX. Thanks for the info, I'll see what I can do. Have a good day!

Regards,
Alex

EDIT: This is the CryptHeader I use for server sided one:
05 01 00 00 33 39 37 38 35 2E 37 39 36 35 32 37 37 37 37 38 00 00 00 00 B9 61 00 00 01 00 00 00

and client side one:
FB 00 00 00 33 39 37 38 35 2E 37 39 36 35 32 37 37 37 37 38 00 00 00 00 B9 61 00 00 01 00 00 00

I'm trying to find the "average" CryptHeader that will have both files be exactly the same and work with the same CryptHeader. I hope you understand what I mean. I'll keep trying, hopefully you or I find an answer to this cause I'm kind of a perfectionist and I go insane when things are not the right way.. ;D Good Luck! Thanks again for the help I get from you!

Regards,
Alex

PS: I never found this in the HEX:

Nearest I found to that would be

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

So called File Version I was talking about is only 4 bytes long.
And it is in the Header Info, first 4 bytes, the last data is just random, for client/server it doesn't matter what it is.
So you were searching for too long data what you won't find.

The value you're searching for is at (You can try to find it yourself or use the address in the spoiler):
Code:
0x0013E8E2

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Why does that address look too big for me o_O? The largest address I can find is:
000002A0
I'm sorry if i misunderstood you or If I'm too noob for this. I will admit tho that I'm not so good when it comes to HEX or Networking..
I really appreciate your time that you're spending on this thread. I still can't seem to understand what I must do.. I'm very sorry..

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

My doubts were correct, your searching from GuildTournamentSkill.shn, explain me why you do that? (That's is wrong place to search)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

I see. Ow well, It is the file that gives me error on either Zones or Client.exe . Where am I meant to search then? I'm glad it was all just a simple misunderstanding from my side.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

This isn't really hard to understand from where you have to search.

So you could understand better:

You have 2 files, lets call them "A" and "B".
You have Server "S" and Client "C".
Facts:
S loads A and succeeds.
C loads B and succeeds.​
Your problem:
S loads B and fails.
C loads A and fails.​
Your wanted solution:
S loads A and succeeds.
C loads A and succeeds.
or
S loads B and succeeds.
C loads B and succeeds.​
Solution:
C to accept A
or
S to accept B​

I gave solution for S to accept B.

This is kinda spoon feeding, which I don't like doing.
From the other hand it isn't - as I'm not giving the edited file, so you could just skip the technical part.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

I don't like getting spoon fed myself. If I do something, I wanna do it myself and not get everything ready cuz in the end I'm very happy and proud of the result. I understand what you mean in this and I kinda knew those facts already.. But I'm trying to figure out the HEX requirements for Serv... Wait a second? Should I do all this in the .exe itself? I think I now understand what it is you're talking about! xD I looked in the HEX of the actual 5ZoneServer2.exe and found on that address 0x0013E8E2 you mentioned that the HEX on that address start with 05 like the .SHN itself. I think I got what I gotta do now!! Thanks a lot for this indirect clues! I'll report back ASAP!

Best regards,
Alex

EDIT:

This worked fantastically!!

Thanks again very much for your patience and help. So I've got it working on the server, but in that case I need to edit all 4 of the .exe's. So after understanding better the situation and read what you taught me a few more times, I found the address for it in the Client.exe instead!!

So I went to the address which is Dx00023C46 or Dx00023C50 (On some other Hex Editors) and made it match the Server GuildTournamentSkill.shn and copied the Server files .shn to the Client files and the game FINALLY loaded with success, no error!

This is the sweet happiness and pride for myself I love the most, the one of success! This is one of the many parts I love being a Developer for. I usually don't have too many questions, and I apologize for making this thread too long. I'm pretty sure you were expecting this to end sooner.. I apologize once more, but this is finally done!! Thanks again and may you have a great day!

Best regards,
Alex

Last edited:
Back