Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Windows 2012/2016?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Hi all,

Been a while and I'm just wondering if the Windows 2008 limitation is still in place? Or has windows fixed the ODBC connectors / is there a workaround?

Helping someone setup a server. Been out of the loop for quite a few years :)

Cheers

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi all,

Been a while and I'm just wondering if the Windows 2008 limitation is still in place? Or has windows fixed the ODBC connectors / is there a workaround?

Helping someone setup a server. Been out of the loop for quite a few years :)

Cheers

if you would like to set up a server just send me a private message ill help you for free )

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer - not quite what I'm after though :p More just looking for an answer for the question above.

Is it now possible to make a server on Windows 2012/2016? Either by setting it up normally or via a work around? Back in my Pserver days it was not possible due to ODBC Connectors not being fully implemented or something along those lines.

xkl

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
No I don't think so. I tried a VM with 2016 with no luck awhile back. I even used a setup to skip ODBC (Besides OPTool) and it still wouldn't work.

"DRIVER={SQL Server};SERVER=.\SQLTEST"

Reaction score
if you would like to set up a server just send me a private message ill help you for free )

Please see rule 1 of the Fiesta Online help section rules. Although it's very nice of you to offer to help over Skype, it would be beneficial for everyone and future users if the issue was resolved here and an answer was posted.

@OP I think it works, just need to set it up right maybe? I don't know what the issue was exactly.

Reaction score
No I don't think so. I tried a VM with 2016 with no luck awhile back. I even used a setup to skip ODBC (Besides OPTool) and it still wouldn't work.

"DRIVER={SQL Server};SERVER=.\SQLTEST"

with the driver part where would you put that in the configs?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I had a quick go on Windows 2016 Standard and it was no good - played with the configs a little bit with no luck.

Not a problem - back to old school 2008 it is. Just having a bit of a play around - nostalgia! Was just curious to see if there has been updates in my absence.

Cheers

Back