Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

'Like' bug

Slothstronaut
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's just my POS internet or my POS laptop I use but 90% of the time when I click like on someones post the like doesn't show up under their name, nor does it add to their likes - but it tells me when I try to click like again that I already clicked like within the last 60 seconds.

Thanks!

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
Clicking "Like" doesn't work every time.

As nothing happened yet, I guess it can't be fixed :/

Edit: The 60 seconds message between clicks is not connected with the like function. It's a cheap client sided protection against sending too many requests at once. So whether the like actually worked or not is irrelevant to it, it just checks if you made a request / clicked something (reputation / reports have the same).

Here's what I usually do when I encounter the bug:
If the like takes more than 5 secs to arrive, it's most probably timing out. So I page refresh to be able to like again and repeat that until the like has arrived. Page refreshing will kill the 60 seconds timeout between clicks.

Temporary and annoying solution though.

Last edited:
Slothstronaut
Reaction score
Guess I should've used the search function rather than just a quick look on the front page lol

Thanks for letting me know. Would click like but, you know :p:

Reaction score
I brought it up a few times, but nothing was done about it T___T

So I've given up.

Every time a bug or misfunction comes up, people just say to wait for XF move and I am like....

zhyMahn.png

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Staff member
Reaction score
Is this really a v-bulletin issue though? I go to plenty of v-bulletins in past and it never had this issue. I mean, I prefer xenforo eitherway, but I don't think v-bulletin is the fault here...

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
My assumption still is that it's got something to do with this Dragon Byte Search Engine Optimization or what it's called. Seems to be a vB plugin. Had it several times that my like timed out, I page refreshed and after another timeout I landed on the Dragon Byte SEO error screen like shown in this bug report: http://forum.ragezone.com/f598/rz-database-error-mysqli_real_connect-1119955/

Pretty sure the like request also runs through some kind of SEO procedure and probably also incapsula. Like Kimberly I don't think it's the like function itself but something interfering with it.

Back