'Like' bug

GammaRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    Relative to YouLocation
    3,206Posts

'Like' bug

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

I'm not sure if it's just my POS internet or my POS laptop I use but 90% of the time when I click like on someones post the like doesn't show up under their name, nor does it add to their likes - but it tells me when I try to click like again that I already clicked like within the last 60 seconds.

Thanks!

SupervisorRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    1,903Posts

Re: 'Like' bug

Clicking "Like" doesn't work every time.

As nothing happened yet, I guess it can't be fixed :/

Edit: The 60 seconds message between clicks is not connected with the like function. It's a cheap client sided protection against sending too many requests at once. So whether the like actually worked or not is irrelevant to it, it just checks if you made a request / clicked something (reputation / reports have the same).

Here's what I usually do when I encounter the bug:
    If the like takes more than 5 secs to arrive, it's most probably timing out. So I page refresh to be able to like again and repeat that until the like has arrived. Page refreshing will kill the 60 seconds timeout between clicks.

Temporary and annoying solution though.
    Last edited by Future; 23-03-17 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A Wise Man
    P-Servers are NOT dead. Bugs need squishing. Quests need fixing. Unfortunately, majority of people don't know the difference between a computer and a toaster so...

GammaRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    Relative to YouLocation
    3,206Posts

Guess I should've used the search function rather than just a quick look on the front page lol

Thanks for letting me know. Would click like but, you know

GammaRank
    Jul 2007 Join Date
    3,317Posts

I brought it up a few times, but nothing was done about it T___T

So I've given up.

Every time a bug or misfunction comes up, people just say to wait for XF move and I am like....

SubscriberRank
    Jul 2012 Join Date
    01942Location
    1,374Posts

This is one of the main reasons I pushed more towards xenforo than staying with vbulletin.

Hint hint hint

The world's gone mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    Unphased Is an extremely banter worthy person to have a mass conversation with on utter shit.

Alpha MaleRank
    Jun 2010 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    2,595Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Unphased View Post
    This is one of the main reasons I pushed more towards xenforo than staying with vbulletin.

Hint hint hint
    "hint hint hint"?!

I'll give you a hint: Push harder.

ModeratorRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    2,698Posts

It takes anywhere from 2 seconds to 2 minutes to like a post. It is annoying but it has been brought up countless times and nothing has been done about it.

GammaRank
    Jul 2007 Join Date
    3,317Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Unphased View Post

Hint hint hint
    Why not IPB? :/ Even the default skin is so much elegant. Even though XF is new and cool engine, it still seems like the software belongs in 1990's.

Gold SubscriberRank
    Jul 2012 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    649Posts

Is this really a v-bulletin issue though? I go to plenty of v-bulletins in past and it never had this issue. I mean, I prefer xenforo eitherway, but I don't think v-bulletin is the fault here...

SupervisorRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    1,903Posts

My assumption still is that it's got something to do with this Dragon Byte Search Engine Optimization or what it's called. Seems to be a vB plugin. Had it several times that my like timed out, I page refreshed and after another timeout I landed on the Dragon Byte SEO error screen like shown in this bug report: [RZ] Database error (mysqli_real_connect())

Pretty sure the like request also runs through some kind of SEO procedure and probably also incapsula. Like @Kimberly I don't think it's the like function itself but something interfering with it.

Quote Originally Posted by A Wise Man
    P-Servers are NOT dead. Bugs need squishing. Quests need fixing. Unfortunately, majority of people don't know the difference between a computer and a toaster so...

Gold SubscriberRank
    Jan 2013 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    584Posts

Actually I noticed if I press it more then twice some odd reason it takes my thumbs up off but as well an additional like which was put by someone else?

Advertisement