Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Change in notifications?

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
In the past week or so suddenly subcribed thread are showing up in my notification area.....was something changed? I used to have to click settings to see if something new was posted in my subcribed threads and I liked it that way...only time I ever had notifications was from PM's or new likes....Is there a way to change it back to the way it was? I'm strange and hate change :)

Pee Aitch Pee
Reaction score
404_image.png

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I still want to subscribe to threads..I like them being in my user control panel...just don't like them on my notification area...they never did that before.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
No..when someone posts in a subscribed thread you get it in your notification area...where you get PM's and new likes on the top of the page...it never did that before..

Reaction score
I think you can still have subscribed threads in your user panel , while you can receive notifications in e-mail only , like i set it to be sent to my e-mail weekly.
Nope. Currently if you subscribe to any thread, regardless of how many updates you request you will still get notifications at the top.

I currently have my settings set to never notify me and I still get the notifications every time someone posts in a thread I'm subscribed to. It would be fine if they went away by viewing your user CP, but they don't. You have to go in and view each thread before the notification goes away.

Reaction score
Nope. Currently if you subscribe to any thread, regardless of how many updates you request you will still get notifications at the top.

I currently have my settings set to never notify me and I still get the notifications every time someone posts in a thread I'm subscribed to. It would be fine if they went away by viewing your user CP, but they don't. You have to go in and view each thread before the notification goes away.

Solution: Don't post anymore :p

But seriously, I agree that it's annoying as hell. I like to get a quick view of which threads i posted in have new posts, but I dislike the part where I login and i get like 20 notifications and have to visit 20 threads for the notifications to disappear.

Reaction score

That's because the settings only apply to new subscribed threads. Old ones remain with old settings. <.< I think..

So here is what I did :

Go to your panel , look for this button :

PaeEzRb.png

Press it and change to "weekly using e-mail" , but first make sure you have selected all your subscribed threads.

404_image.png

Unfortunately that also wont won't notify you in your control panel. But hey , you get it weekly in your e-mail. Also it worked for me ...

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've just set it to never subscribe to threads. Notifications gone.

I do see what you're saying though, as it would be nice to keep subscribed threads in your control panel without the annoying notifications.

Back