Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Some CKEditor bugs

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Not sure whether it's a Forum bug, but whenever I write a topic or a respond to someone's topic, I struggle with the CKEditor.

For instance if I quote someone, at first my spaces won't work until i hit Enter like three times,
secondly if i use some Italic text and after that when writing normal again hitting backspace, it removes some of the Italic text in stead of the text I was writing.

Example:
Notice: I didn't use my mouse at all, the editor itself sent me back to the italic text.

Oh and one more thing, sorry if I'm nagging =p, you can't select the default's text size, I'm assuming it's 2.5 which you can't choose, because it's certainly bigger than 2, and smaller than 3.

Font size 1
Font size 2
Default font size ( I copied this, I couldn't select this size )
​Font size 3

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The only bugs I've noticed are when you cannot press space bar without pressing Enter + Backspace to fix it, and when you hold backspace a while to delete a few words and then your entire text magically disappears.

I use Chrome.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Italic bug happens to me as well although the bug happens for Bold, and Underline also. I use the keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl + B/I/U).

I'm on Chrome.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Not sure whether it's a Forum bug, but whenever I write a topic or a respond to someone's topic, I struggle with the CKEditor.

For instance if I quote someone, at first my spaces won't work until i hit Enter like three times
I have this too, to me the space doesn't work at all when I quote someone. ~Chrome

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I had this problem too, the problem is with the WYSIWYG editor (that's the default editor of the forum), I have sent to Mental a PM about that issue already, but looks like the editor works for him. then, I changed the default editor to a different one. go to "Settings" > General Settings > Miscellaneous Options > pick Standard editor and save, now you should reply normally.

MentaL

Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I have the space issue, only happens with Quick Reply or other message modes other than 'Go Advanced'. Affects PMs too.

Easy fix - add a space at the start of your line. Fixes it for the rest of the script. I think they must have some event propagation in the plug-in, so it doesn't see a spacebar keypress until it actually happens.

Inactive
Reaction score
I also have the space issue with chrome to, this is issue is not only just present here though it's also present on another board which is on vbulletin but using VB3.

So i think the issue is directly related to the browser and(or) addons.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
Adding a hard return fixes it :)

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
It seems like it is adding extra unwanted line-breaks if you quick edit a post.
It is very annoying if you are editing small parts of a huge post.

[STRIKE]I just edited it and it added one extra as well.
Although it seems to visual no sure.
Another edit to test..[/STRIKE]

The editor is adding "ghost" line breaks in quick edit. Going advanced seems fine.

Last edited:
[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
Are you guys using the editor mode of the post edit thingy? Maybe I never had this issue because I use raw BBCode formatting on all of my posts

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Are you guys using the editor mode of the post edit thingy? Maybe I never had this issue because I use raw BBCode formatting on all of my posts

It occurs when I use Ctrl+I, type something in italic, Ctrl+I again for normal text, after the normal text I use backspace and it removes some of the italic text instead. So yeah using raw bbcode is a "solution"

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
Then it looks to be an issue of the WYSIWYG mode, not the whole editor. Maybe that helps narrowing the issue?

Back