Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Clicking "Like" doesn't work every time.

Staff member
Reaction score
I have that already for a very long time; doesn't happen always but often enough that I've noticed it.

Basically clicking like doesn't do anything, clicking it again causes it to error out. Than sometimes it will appear if you refresh and sometimes you need click like again. In general 'liking' is very buggy and laggy

Reaction score
It sure is a poop plugin if it takes that long.

zJl2FuK.png

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
Re: Clicking "Like" doesn't work every time.

Apart from that likes take a tremendous time to arrive lately. I legit had to wait 2 minutes for one like to arrive a few moments ago. Henmoro yesterday tried to like one of my posts and it just didn't arrive at all.

I guess DDOSers are really active again...
Let's pray for RZ \ o /

As I mentioned here already I believe this has something to do with the DDOS protection and not with the plugin. Because when the like times out, so do all the other actions.

Try liking a post that times out and then press Quote reply. It will not work. Then try to refresh the whole page and it will likely time out.

I believe it's false DDoS detection.

This might actually have something to do with the DragonByte SEO plugin!

I just had the above described happening to me after a like press. And when I refreshed the page I landed here:

rz_sql10.png

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I also experience this same exact issue. Sometimes the same issue happens when using the other buttons such as the Report and Reputation tools.

Reaction score
Re: Clicking "Like" doesn't work every time.

As I mentioned here already I believe this has something to do with the DDOS protection and not with the plugin. Because when the like times out, so do all the other actions.

Try liking a post that times out and then press Quote reply. It will not work. Then try to refresh the whole page and it will likely time out.

I believe it's false DDoS detection.

This might actually have something to do with the DragonByte SEO plugin!

I just had the above described happening to me after a like press. And when I refreshed the page I landed here:

It isn't in my opinion. Watching over the HTTP requests through Chrome, it takes around ~ 5 seconds (maybe more) to actually make the request (after you click like/dislike button). You may be right about the SEO plugin though.

Issue is in: http://forum.ragezone.com/dbtech/thanks/clientscript/thanks.js?v=341

For what I've seen a few weeks ago, it is simply poor. Specially if you try to tweak floodtime!

JS pros here could pinpoint this issue and fix it imho

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm also experiencing this issue. But the likes are given. If i reload the page, the like appears.
But for some people that don't wanna wait or think is bug, click multiple times in like button. So the like is given and removed, given, removed...

Sometimes the AJAX requests of RaGEZONE spent so much time. Like for reply quote, load the Reputation Buttons/Report Buttons. Load the given like..

Etc.

Staff member
Reaction score
Its to be honest starting getting really frustrating to like someone. It refuses to work 3 times, refreshing didn't work, single time clicking and refreshing didn't work, and than Ragezone says "You can't like someone twice in 60 seconds" and it still refused to like.

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
Its to be honest starting getting really frustrating to like someone. It refuses to work 3 times, refreshing didn't work, single time clicking and refreshing didn't work, and than Ragezone says "You can't like someone twice in 60 seconds" and it still refused to like.

Agreed. The part with the 60 seconds timeout is the most annoying thing about it. I just tried to like your post 5 times and nothing went through.
I believe a site relying heavily on a reputation system should get the plugin fixed...

We discovered the following symptoms of it:

1. The HTTP (AJAX) Request times out
2. The user may or may not time out refreshing the whole site afterwards (with random errors)
3. The user may or may not run into the DBSEO error that I posted above after the like times out
4. The like may or may not actually be there after the page was reloaded

I don't know how far we can debug the JS without the server-sided code of the plugin. Which plugin is used there btw.? Does RaGEZONE use any specific modification of that?

Cmon' we should be able to get that sorted.

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
No its completely random. One day it works fine a few hours later it fucks up. You switch threads, it still doesn't work. On some days (like when Kimberly posted) it's really bad. I couldn't like the post 5 times, as said. Liking another post that day worked again however.

It's independent of the post type, by the behavior I suspect DDOS protection but could also be something in the plugin as well.

Staff member
Reaction score
It wasn't surely like this months ago. Well, the bug is there now for while, but I am speaking before Ragezone made major changes, like before the skin change and such. Browsing and everything is fine, but as soon you like some post it starts to act like you did a crime, and even browsing away suddenly takes forever.

Its almost like the like button is a crime to use, and if you sneakly use it Ragezone suddenly blocks you for doing it.

Reaction score
No its completely random. One day it works fine a few hours later it fucks up. You switch threads, it still doesn't work. On some days (like when Kimberly posted) it's really bad. I couldn't like the post 5 times, as said. Liking another post that day worked again however.

It's independent of the post type, by the behavior I suspect DDOS protection but could also be something in the plugin as well.
Dude... you should know in the world of programming nothing is completely random. The thing I made bold is a huge clue to where the problem is lying haha. :p

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
So you know the DDOS protection system RZ uses in and out and how it behaves in this scenario from your position? :)

I should say unexpectable if that word suits you more. Having a huge database, a board software like vB, a DDOS protection on top of it and a lot more things, you aren't really able to foresee everything exactly the way it's going to happen without digging deep into it. That's why I call this behavior of the like system "random", relatively seen from the users position having only client sided code of it ;-)

To pinpoint the issue it would take someone like MentaL, who has full access over the above named things, to carefully check and test around possible scenarios to find out what's going on.

Joopie and Gaby gave a lot of hints (from what we could do from here). Now it's time to check the server side of it. MentaL being a busy person and yadi yadi yada, this can take time.

Don't be afraid to ask!
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Yep, its true, I seen this problem sometimes. (like problem)

Back