Clicking "Like" doesn't work every time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DeveloperRank
    Oct 2011 Join Date
    2,439Posts

Clicking "Like" doesn't work every time.

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Today and yesterday, had to click Like / refresh the page Several times before I could get Like to appear under the appropriate posts.
    Not saying it is a bug, but perhaps someone else can confirm whether it is happening for them as well.

Appreciate it.
    If you are talking to someone pretending to be me aka DNC, you're about to be scammed.
    Do not come to this forum complaining that you were scammed; when buying, selling, trading files is against forum rules.
    Don't point a finger at me, I am not talking with anyone.

Gold SubscriberRank
    Jul 2012 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    637Posts

Re: Clicking "Like" doesn't work every time.

I have that already for a very long time; doesn't happen always but often enough that I've noticed it.

Basically clicking like doesn't do anything, clicking it again causes it to error out. Than sometimes it will appear if you refresh and sometimes you need click like again. In general 'liking' is very buggy and laggy

DeveloperRank
    Oct 2011 Join Date
    2,439Posts

Thank you for confirming. I was about to question my sanity. ;0)
    If you are talking to someone pretending to be me aka DNC, you're about to be scammed.
    Do not come to this forum complaining that you were scammed; when buying, selling, trading files is against forum rules.
    Don't point a finger at me, I am not talking with anyone.

ModeratorRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    2,687Posts

Happens to me all the time, I've complained about it in the mod chat a few times before. Only response I got was that the plugin is shit, or something along those lines.

Deep thoughts Clicking "Like" doesn't work every time. Joopie is offline
    SubscriberRank
    Jun 2010 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    2,584Posts

It sure is a poop plugin if it takes that long.

SupervisorRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    1,838Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Apart from that likes take a tremendous time to arrive lately. I legit had to wait 2 minutes for one like to arrive a few moments ago. @Henmoro yesterday tried to like one of my posts and it just didn't arrive at all.

I guess DDOSers are really active again...
    Let's pray for RZ \ o /
    As I mentioned here already I believe this has something to do with the DDOS protection and not with the plugin. Because when the like times out, so do all the other actions.

Try liking a post that times out and then press Quote reply. It will not work. Then try to refresh the whole page and it will likely time out.

I believe it's false DDoS detection.

- - - Updated - - -

This might actually have something to do with the DragonByte SEO plugin!

I just had the above described happening to me after a like press. And when I refreshed the page I landed here:

Quote Originally Posted by A Wise Man
    P-Servers are NOT dead. Bugs need squishing. Quests need fixing. Unfortunately, majority of people don't know the difference between a computer and a toaster so...

True MemberRank
    Aug 2013 Join Date
    476Posts

I also experience this same exact issue. Sometimes the same issue happens when using the other buttons such as the Report and Reputation tools.

DeveloperRank
    Feb 2012 Join Date
    /home/droppyLocation
    1,947Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    As I mentioned here already I believe this has something to do with the DDOS protection and not with the plugin. Because when the like times out, so do all the other actions.

Try liking a post that times out and then press Quote reply. It will not work. Then try to refresh the whole page and it will likely time out.

I believe it's false DDoS detection.

- - - Updated - - -

This might actually have something to do with the DragonByte SEO plugin!

I just had the above described happening to me after a like press. And when I refreshed the page I landed here:

It isn't in my opinion. Watching over the HTTP requests through Chrome, it takes around ~ 5 seconds (maybe more) to actually make the request (after you click like/dislike button). You may be right about the SEO plugin though.

Issue is in: http://forum.ragezone.com/dbtech/tha...hanks.js?v=341

For what I've seen a few weeks ago, it is simply poor. Specially if you try to tweak floodtime!

JS pros here could pinpoint this issue and fix it imho

Subscribe | Rules
    PM Me | Add Me

Developer / Ex-Moderator

Alpha MaleRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    /etc/rc.localLocation
    2,212Posts

I'm also experiencing this issue. But the likes are given. If i reload the page, the like appears.
    But for some people that don't wanna wait or think is bug, click multiple times in like button. So the like is given and removed, given, removed...

Sometimes the AJAX requests of RaGEZONE spent so much time. Like for reply quote, load the Reputation Buttons/Report Buttons. Load the given like..

Etc.

Gold SubscriberRank
    Jul 2012 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    637Posts

Its to be honest starting getting really frustrating to like someone. It refuses to work 3 times, refreshing didn't work, single time clicking and refreshing didn't work, and than Ragezone says "You can't like someone twice in 60 seconds" and it still refused to like.

SupervisorRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    1,838Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly View Post
    Its to be honest starting getting really frustrating to like someone. It refuses to work 3 times, refreshing didn't work, single time clicking and refreshing didn't work, and than Ragezone says "You can't like someone twice in 60 seconds" and it still refused to like.
    Agreed. The part with the 60 seconds timeout is the most annoying thing about it. I just tried to like your post 5 times and nothing went through.
    I believe a site relying heavily on a reputation system should get the plugin fixed...

We discovered the following symptoms of it:

1. The HTTP (AJAX) Request times out
    2. The user may or may not time out refreshing the whole site afterwards (with random errors)
    3. The user may or may not run into the DBSEO error that I posted above after the like times out
    4. The like may or may not actually be there after the page was reloaded

I don't know how far we can debug the JS without the server-sided code of the plugin. Which plugin is used there btw.? Does RaGEZONE use any specific modification of that?

Cmon' we should be able to get that sorted.

P-Servers are NOT dead. Bugs need squishing. Quests need fixing. Unfortunately, majority of people don't know the difference between a computer and a toaster so...

V.I.P  Rank
    Apr 2013 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    1,470Posts

Maybe the ajax request should send the same content-type as a form sends, to make sure the DDoS filter or w/e it is doesn't pick it up as "just a request" aka a potential DoS attack.

I don't know it always worked for me. Takes a while to be take in account but eventually it's there. I am using chrome.
    Forum Rules / Donate If You Can / Contact Me
    "For if I am not to be their Sheppard, I must be their Wolf"

V.I.P  Rank
    Apr 2013 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    1,470Posts

It seems like it goes slow the first time you like a post in a thread, after that the thanks.php script does a response a lot faster. Maybe it's some sort of (database) cache then?

SupervisorRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    1,838Posts

No its completely random. One day it works fine a few hours later it fucks up. You switch threads, it still doesn't work. On some days (like when Kimberly posted) it's really bad. I couldn't like the post 5 times, as said. Liking another post that day worked again however.

It's independent of the post type, by the behavior I suspect DDOS protection but could also be something in the plugin as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advertisement