Clicking "Like" doesn't work every time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gold SubscriberRank
    Jul 2012 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    638Posts

Re: Clicking "Like" doesn't work every time.

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

It wasn't surely like this months ago. Well, the bug is there now for while, but I am speaking before Ragezone made major changes, like before the skin change and such. Browsing and everything is fine, but as soon you like some post it starts to act like you did a crime, and even browsing away suddenly takes forever.

Its almost like the like button is a crime to use, and if you sneakly use it Ragezone suddenly blocks you for doing it.

V.I.P  Rank
    Apr 2013 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    1,470Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    No its completely random. One day it works fine a few hours later it fucks up. You switch threads, it still doesn't work. On some days (like when Kimberly posted) it's really bad. I couldn't like the post 5 times, as said. Liking another post that day worked again however.

It's independent of the post type, by the behavior I suspect DDOS protection but could also be something in the plugin as well.
    Dude... you should know in the world of programming nothing is completely random. The thing I made bold is a huge clue to where the problem is lying haha. :P

SupervisorRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    1,841Posts

So you know the DDOS protection system RZ uses in and out and how it behaves in this scenario from your position? :-)

I should say unexpectable if that word suits you more. Having a huge database, a board software like vB, a DDOS protection on top of it and a lot more things, you aren't really able to foresee everything exactly the way it's going to happen without digging deep into it. That's why I call this behavior of the like system "random", relatively seen from the users position having only client sided code of it ;-)

To pinpoint the issue it would take someone like MentaL, who has full access over the above named things, to carefully check and test around possible scenarios to find out what's going on.

Joopie and Gaby gave a lot of hints (from what we could do from here). Now it's time to check the server side of it. MentaL being a busy person and yadi yadi yada, this can take time.

Quote Originally Posted by A Wise Man
    P-Servers are NOT dead. Bugs need squishing. Quests need fixing. Unfortunately, majority of people don't know the difference between a computer and a toaster so...

WTF? Overkill!Rank
    Jun 2012 Join Date
    1,521Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    No its completely random. One day it works fine a few hours later it fucks up. You switch threads, it still doesn't work. On some days (like when Kimberly posted) it's really bad. I couldn't like the post 5 times, as said. Liking another post that day worked again however.

It's independent of the post type, by the behavior I suspect DDOS protection but could also be something in the plugin as well.
    Yep, its true, I seen this problem sometimes. (like problem)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Advertisement