Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    GammaRank
    Jul 2007 Join Date
    3,317Posts

Re: Forum kinda buggy

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Quote Originally Posted by Jolin88 View Post
    I understand how intensive 400 Q/S is, no big deal for a quadcore server machine, you should see the logs queries of a large private server, you get 1600 Q/S at times.

But anyway request timeout is not an SQL error, SQL has a timeout too, and it's not Error 500
    It is 500, and 503, and all sorts of shit. Seems like the config is completely untweaked.

LegendRank
    Feb 2010 Join Date
    ::1 (Canada BC)Location
    2,675Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jolin88 View Post
    I understand how intensive 400 Q/S is, no big deal for a quadcore server machine, you should see the logs queries of a large private server, you get 1600 Q/S at times.

But anyway request timeout is not an SQL error, SQL has a timeout too, and it's not Error 500
    The whole site is effected when it has to reach out and can't get the data from the shared SQL, I stated in another thread elsewhere (I thought I said it here too) It's obviously a conjoined problem between the RZ box and the FT Shared SQL. I also talked to Fran about it, and there is a /big/ difference between vbulletin using 400Q/S and a private server using 1600 Q/S. Vbulletin's queery's are broken as shit. Not to mention it's not just RZ on the shared SQL, if it's having problems it's also contributed to everything else that FT hosts on the shared SQL.

I can some calculations based off of the information about the current box RZ is on, they would have to actually upgrade the box by a considerable amount to house their own SQL and have it be reliable, like stable. It seems to be the best bet to just wait till Fran upgrades the SQL box, then see how it handles, then if it's still crying a lot wait for Dan to re-optimize this box.

Edit: In no way should you let this turn you away from FT or BuyVM hosting; even though I'm banned from service there (The staff don't quite like me other than fran ahueuahaeuhau) I recommend them highly.
    Last edited by Dawson; 07-05-11 at 12:20 PM.

GammaRank
    Feb 2009 Join Date
    ON, CanadaLocation
    3,313Posts

It's not 500's anymore.

Now it's random Database errors.

Administrator  Rank
    Dec 2000 Join Date
    32,919Posts

hehe !!!!
    RaGEZONE Recommends

GammaRank
    Feb 2009 Join Date
    ON, CanadaLocation
    3,313Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MentaL View Post
    hehe !!!!
    It's like your doing it on purpose.

That database error did save me when that guy from my section released a hack though.

+1 for Database error.

MemberRank
    Apr 2006 Join Date
    180Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DawsonByrd View Post
    The shared SQL is just under a lot of load over at FT right now, RZ alone has about 400 Q/S that's a fuckload. Plus add all the other FT customers shared SQL is just /crying/ right now. The solution would seem to not used shared SQL right? Wrong =p I don't think you understand how intensive 400 Q/S is. It wouldn't take no kiddie RAID it takes the big boys to handle something that intensive so the best bet is just to wait for Fran to upgrade the shared SQL box.
    400 q/s is like pie ;)

Administrator  Rank
    Dec 2000 Join Date
    32,919Posts

Query caching helps allot.
    RaGEZONE Recommends

LegendRank
    Sep 2002 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    16,023Posts

Damn Dan, stop getting your hosting from Sony. ;)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Advertisement